Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Obsidian Forum Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wormerine

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Wormerine

  1. He didn’t. It was changed before the post was mad . This fight isn’t problematic design wise in PotD only, though it fleshes out its problems. Harder doesn’t necessarily mean better. Complaints here aren’t about it being per say too hard, but rather about it being a bit bull****. I didn’t find it fun in its current iteration, I didn’t find satisfaction in beating it.
  2. Why would anyone go to spend holiday in California? :I why does going for holiday has anything to do with Deadfire? It’s not a vacation resort simulator. Call of Duty locations aren’t places anyone would want to spend their holidays at, and yet for many years it has been a top seller. But even so, that’s beside the point. Why do you think a brighter, more colourful scheme would fit Deadfire’s world better? It’s hardly an otimistic world. Deadfire is full of conflict, fight for colonies, with a resurrected god rampaging around. Do you think a brighter colour palette would express this kind of world better? I am pretty sure Obsidian artists can make decisions without making polls on what random people’s favourite vacation resorts are.
  3. I am all for it, as long as they do not add their own content.
  4. I am doing a run with an Ascended in the party. Loving it. I think I know what I will make my imported cipher into once the games comes out.
  5. Ok, yeah, I was thinking there was parity in total ability slots currently, I hadn't done out the math and realized there was a slight discrepancy. In my head at least, ideally, it'd be "both get same number of abilities; multiclass get a wider pool of abilities to choose from; single class get a deeper pool of abilities to choose from." I think it would be absolutely fine to give both the same amounts of talents to spend, though the question is how to distribute them. The discrepancy comes from the amount of powerlevels reached between single and multi. Giving 3 ability points per power level to multi would scew balance much in favour of multiclass. I things those 3 ability points shouldn't make that much of a difference, if it does, they can be added somehow.
  6. If it doesn't add anything than its not good.
  7. Evolution is a bigger scam than gods.
  8. Hmm... with current system single class characters will gain more abilities total. Number isn’t big (3 extra ability points?), and multiclass benefits from synergies, and more available abilities per encounter. I think it is fine. It feels fine. Let’s see how it will perform in full game first.
  9. Well... wasn’t that what people wanted when they rioted for passives? “But in PoE1” was the most common argument. My biggest disappointment is that gunner perk is still not available to my singleclass cipher. Ideally every class would have an individual progression with wide range of uniqu active abilities and passives allowing for variety of builds in singleclass and some interesting balanced combinations when multiclassing. But that’s ain’t gonna happen. I am trying to think of one unique passive I would like to see that wouldn’t completely break the game, and I am coming up empty.
  10. I fell in love with Thrust of Tattered Veils. Such a quick, long range, reliable interrupt.
  11. The question is: who has rights to NWN2? I doubt it’s obsidian.
  12. Apparently so, yet in my personal experience casters tend to seriously out-DPS everyone else. Not to mention some super handy debuff/interupt spells. It might be me not really building properly melee DPSers, I dunno.
  13. 11) The biggest crime of all! A cat-tease! The stray cat doesn't appear in the inventory: 12) Smart camera has an issue in combat. When a single combatant is selected it tends to center between him and rest of the team, making me stare at the middle of the desert.
  14. All yes. Yet this argumentation found deaf ears, when people complained that they cant pick dual wielding perk for their characters who weren’t fighters. The fact that such perk wasn’t needed to be effective didn’t have much impact. Of course, all unique passives for each class would be preferable, but let’s be realistic here - it was never gonna happen.
  15. Every time I dump constitution I regret it when my characters gets one shot. Whenever I drop below 10 (not to mention 3) I really really feel it. Back line isn’t as safe as it was in PoE1.
  16. I expect multiclassing to be both underpowered and overpowered depending on what you do. Luckily, singleclasses feel much better now. Balance wise, we can only guess as we haven’t seen 50% of skill trees which is pretty crucial in single vs. Multiclass debate.
  17. Why hire an actor if you will just have him/her read text that is meant to be read? They are voiceators, not lectors. If you go for a voice actor, than write with that in mind. If you write for it to be read, there is not need for someone to read it aloud. It just doesn’t add anything while costing a lot.
  18. The spoiler is for POE1 not 2. The spoiler he meant to share was for POE1. The one he blurted out and hastily tried to cover with redirection was for POE2.I completely missed the spoiler for Deadfire then. Good for me?
  19. Yeah but she's kind of a giant **** to everybody while she does it. She treats Geralt terribly throughout the game and it's played as some sort of epic troubled romance, but she's just really mean to him all the time. When she accused him of cheating on her when he was amnesiac and being lied to, I decided she was pretty terrible and I hated her.So is Geralt. She can be brutal, but also tends to be right. Isn’t it excusable for her to be furious that Geralt ****ed her best friend? “Yen, I lost my memory. Is that your excuse?” It’s not cool. I would be disappointed if she just accepted that. She calms down quite a bit, if you continue her romance.
  20. On, I think it’s here that W3 is really brilliant. Geralt did love her in books and he can love her in W3. However, for two games he has been in love with Triss, due to amnesia. Now who is Geralt at this point? I think that very much depends on your perspective as a player. I can imagine that Yen might be just as odd pick for someone who played games only. Story wise PR used a neat trick with releasing the genie to give a way for Geralt to break connection he shared with Yen. A very neat way to get out, and really lovely scene if you want to continue the romance.
  21. What if! All skills were lvl1 and power level would scale them properly. Power Level interacts on such individual level with each ability that’s tricky to figure out. Add to that that some abilities are tied to character level as well.
  22. Yes, that’s is correct. It doesn’t make it easier to detect you, just makes stealth UI useless to you, as you are shown as detected at all times.
  23. I struggle to find use for a rogues in PoE, though I like'm much more in Deadfire than I did in PoE1. My Eder, will probably do the same think he did in majority of my PoE1 playthroughs - get hit in the face a lot. Give him shield and some other weapon (considering mace this time for -1AR debuff). Use "pull" to protect backline, charge and kockdown for interupts (if charge will actually work in final build:-). I am aiming for single class first run, though I am tempted to multiclass Pallegina with a chanter.
  24. I would agree. I really don't care if my summons, or dominated characters get injured or die. At least an additional subtoggle would be welcome.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.