Here are mine, in no particular order;
Of exploration, or choices, of different ways to solve a same quest, of playing the character you want to play as...The thing that bothered me in Poe (Pillars of Eternity) was the stats. Or rather, the fact that a Wizard and a Barbarian both use Intelligence and Might. What if i wanted to create a dumb, blood thirsty barbarian and a squishy wizard...? I couldn't. Not really.
2. Non-goofy graphics:
I really HATE cartoony graphics. Old I can deal with, but goofy? No way! This is one of the things that turned me away from Divinity Original sin...that and the feel of the world, which we'll get to in an instant.
3. Serious (Depressing, yet hopeful) world setting/felling with a pinch of ironic humor: I think Arcanum nailed what I wanted a game to feel like. With music, sexism, racism (elves dwarfs etc, that kind of racism), general gloominess, yet, ironic humour; Example, there was a funny memorial that said;
"Here lies an Atheist. All dressed up and with no where to go."
Despite me being an atheist myself, and a woman (sexist world lol) I really, really loved this setting. But what was best about it, was that you could always raise up in the world and make the people who once called you names respect you (or you kill them lol. :D)
4. Good music (Hopeful, yet depressing):
Well....yeah. xD It's my preference. Again; Arcanum, and Poe wasn't too far from it either.
5. Lots of lore, and books that you're free to read:
Poe's lore got me the most. But in Skyrim, I could read books in a more extended way, which was also awesome (Too bad Skyrim's lore didn't get me as much a Poe's though.)
6. Character creation is a MUST.
7. Background choices are a HUGE plus in my book. But there have to be many to pick from...
8. I HATE voiced player character.
Honestly, it takes away immersion (how you think the character sounds, or how his reaction sounds etc..)
9. Skympy or/and no personality in portraits. Besides being pretty or hot lol.
I love playing pretty characters (well, it depends who i'm playing). HOWEVER, I want them to have some actual character. There's a huge difference between my profile picture (The druid elf) who is both pretty and shows character, and some half naked chick who has a plastic face and just looks hot.
A lot of you may mistake this comment for jealousy (or so i noticed), but It's actually just what I think any serious RPer would want (me included)....or would you disagree?
And that's all for now, I guess....best hey, that's just my view on things, what do you think? ))
10. Companions and companion relationships:
11. I prefer Poe's personality system over the alignment one.
12. Please don't chose who my character is and how he/she feels for me....:
*cough* Fallout 4 *cough*
13. I like romance....but it has to be my choice, nothing forced down my troth.
Also, it's only fair there are lesbian and gay options in as well. Since well...RPG? Freedom??
BUT ALSO, I like it as a side thing that adds sparks to the story...if the whole tale was just revolved around some...romance....first of all, what kind of a gaming industry would do such an abomination, and second of all...why?? Thankfully, I've only seen fully romanced based rpgs in text based games (aka choice script).
Edited by Tanjaxxx, 20 April 2018 - 04:10 AM.