RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Haven't been there in a long time, and not semi-regularly since their original iteration. Context? What's been going on over there?

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Well, soon BioWare will become EA something, so it's not surprising. I believe the value of the brand has depreciated or is near full depreciation in the books and it's time to make the entity more efficient from the economic point of view. time to cut on extra fat in terms of back office.

Can the ban on romance discussion be reinstated on August the 27th?

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

http://blog.bioware.com/2016/07/29/concerning-our-forums/

BioBoards going down? But, but ROMANCE!?!

Hahaha.

That's just ... odd, to be honest.

Now where will people go to discuss whether they'll be able to romance a Krogan in the next Mass Effect?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm not too surprised. Developer forums can be a delicate thing. And with the amount of hate and bile the Bioware boards have had to put up with, it can be easy to see how it would be disheartening to the people in charge.

There's enough other places out there that fans can go to discuss things that they can mine for feedback.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm not too surprised. Developer forums can be a delicate thing. And with the amount of hate and bile the Bioware boards have had to put up with, it can be easy to see how it would be disheartening to the people in charge.

There's enough other places out there that fans can go to discuss things that they can mine for feedback.

Weird timing of it, then, if the bolded is one of the main reasons for it.

If the forums were going to be shut down due to negativity and relentless abuse toward BioWare, they should have done so after ME3's release.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I never visited the BioBoards on any kind of regular basis but I remember the few times I did go there that the developers seemed to actually talk to the community and be friendly people. I'm sad that that didn't last from the sound of things. 

I never visited the BioBoards on any kind of regular basis but I remember the few times I did go there that the developers seemed to actually talk to the community and be friendly people. I'm sad that that didn't last from the sound of things.

It used to be fairly regular. Atleast when Gaider, Woo, and Priestly worked there. But then...anonymous people in the internets are jerks.

• Like 2

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

"Now where will people go to discuss whether they'll be able to romance a Krogan in the next Mass Effect?"

Here.

Oh god, no.

• Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

If the forums were going to be shut down due to negativity and relentless abuse toward BioWare, they should have done so after ME3's release.

They are preparing for Andromeda Backlash :p

They are preparing for Andromeda Backlash :p

That's definitely not their modus operandi. History shows that the first two ME games in a series are solid, and then they just vomit out a 3rd game with a story far below their already mediocre standards. So, if this were the case the forums would remain intact until at least a handful of years from now.

But Andromeda is already 4th :-P

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I never was fan of BioBoards, but I'm sad to see them gone. I think developers not interacting with fans is a bad thing.

I think that what will spill forth from there will poison the rest of the internet, we should be wary for signs of infection.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Indeed the foul deviancy of these degenerates must be rooted out with flame and sword, purge and scourge brethren! Taint not your heart with mercy for this scum, their every moment of life is a bitter poison, they dwell outside the light of the Emperor and only when their ashes are blown on the wind can they achieve salvation and once again behold His perfection.

Thought for the day: Cherish pain, embrace the wound and court agony, for only in suffering in His service do we approach redemption!

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I never was fan of BioBoards, but I'm sad to see them gone. I think developers not interacting with fans is a bad thing.

I often feel that way on here. ;)

• Like 2

That's why I stay on the Community forums, less rabble make it here and when they do they are intimated by the level of rhetoric that we employ.  I will say this, we have world class trolls that wouldn't operate on other forums because no one would understand them. It is elitist to say that we are better because we operate at a higher level; but truly, this community is.

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

That's why I stay on the Community forums, less rabble make it here and when they do they are intimated by the level of rhetoric that we employ. I will say this, we have world class trolls that wouldn't operate on other forums because no one would understand them. It is elitist to say that we are better because we operate at a higher level; but truly, this community is.

I've said it before, but these forums and its community are the best I've been on or a part of. (That includes the bioware forums which was awful). Although the typical bickering happens... It seems most people treat each other with respect. Occasionally a particular topic causes some people to get irritated, but it's all good. It happens. Developer fanboyism feels more moderate here. Many of the people here have probably leveled some criticism at Obsidian, and it may cause a debate, but the criticism is usually constructive. There are always exceptions, but I'm talking on the whole. I keep lurking because of all of this.

Obsidian has kept this forum about as perfect as possible, but I'm sure an influx of new people would cause some issues. I enjoy it while I can. I go on posting lulls, but I check in almost every day.