RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

Yes, Sonic, I just want more of that.

Well I think we both can agree, that CoD will nnever offer anything similar to that experience :-P

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Well, everything is better with lasers.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I know we got The Old Blood but it would be great if Bethesda and Id gave us another game like that and The New Order. I wouldn't mind a futuristic Wolfenstein from those guys to be honest!

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Not  strictly game news I guess, but just got an update of Gog Galaxy today. Holy batman, great feature list... If they keep this up they'll be wiping the floor with the Steam client soon.

Seems I can't link directly to the version 1.2 patchnotes due to excessive use of JavaScript but you can find them on the Galaxy site: https://www.gog.com/galaxy

(slightly realted: is it just me that fears the Steam codebase is a mess given at how glacial a pace it evolves even now that they have some actual competition?)

Oh, and I had to read through pages upon pages of talking about Stalker 2 to catch up to this point. STOP TWISTING THE KNIFE, IT HURTS! The pain. *cries in a corner* Sorry, emotional breakdown mode disengaged.

But seriously if I *had* to pick a top 3 of favourite games *ever* Stalker: SoC would be in it (CoP is better mechanically, but the atmosphere of the world and especially the labs in SoC wipes the floor with CoP imho). Oh yeah, two others I'd pick, just off the top of my head would probably be Dungeon Keeper 1 and BG2:SoA

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 2

Ars Technica is teaming up with GOG.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/04/ars-and-gog-two-great-tastes-that-go-great-together/

As a start, if you have Ars account, and don't have Witcher 1, you can get your copy. In the next weeks and months, more goodies will be going our way :-)

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Strafe's price is $19.96 lol How appropriate :)

I just learned about the new Marvel action rpg and it looks great. Featuring 50 characters and each one is dofferent (no clones or similar characters). Pretty great stuff.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Could have been interesting if it included some of the forgotten battles of the era between WWII and Vietnam: Pusan Perimeter, Inchon, Chosin Reservoir, MiG Alley, Dien Bien Phu, Algiers, and so forth.

I suppose on the plus side for Activision looking at the likes bar this seems to be garnering a far warmer reception than Infinite Warfare.

Edited by Agiel
  • Like 3
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

I don't think I've ever seen a single game set in the Korean war. I'm sure there are some out there somewhere but I guess that's why it's the Forgotten War

There was an old SPI wargame based on the early part of the Korean war, called "Korea". I played it a few times when I was younger. The rugged terrain and shape of the peninsula made for a pretty uninteresting game though. It's somewhat reminiscent of the Italian peninsula campaign during WW II -- only the sea landings made it at all interesting. Otherwise it's an endless slugfest.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

And Armello Bandit Clan DLC full trailer is now on youtube. Armello still has some of the best trailers. Love all their videos. Wish they were able to do a complete animated series. I'd so watch that.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I don't think I've ever seen a single game set in the Korean war. I'm sure there are some out there somewhere but I guess that's why it's the Forgotten War

There was an old SPI wargame based on the early part of the Korean war, called "Korea". I played it a few times when I was younger. The rugged terrain and shape of the peninsula made for a pretty uninteresting game though. It's somewhat reminiscent of the Italian peninsula campaign during WW II -- only the sea landings made it at all interesting. Otherwise it's an endless slugfest.

IIRC the tutorial scenario of The Operational Art of War was the Korean War- and that about exhausts the Korean War scenarios I can remember.

Up until fairly recently there were very few Vietnam games as well.

I recall https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MiG_Alley_(video_game)- makes sense as that is an interesting era for air combat, jet aircraft but before guided missiles were prevalent - and probably are wargames for it, at least with a scenario or two.
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Forgotten war... and forgotten games.

The new CoD is essentially a CoD remake. After watching the live stream I noticed that many of the scenes were near duplicates of the ones in CoD2 (upgraded graphics and slightly different dialogue of course). And CoD2 was the last CoD I actually bought/played.

Last year I gave in to the hype of Modern Warfare Remastered+Infinite Warfare bundle and the results were mixed:

• Modern Warfare Remastered was fun to play, the single-player campaign is still in my opinion the best in terms of story and narrative
  • MW:R multiplayer was great fun but the lack of dedicated servers and a weak player base made it forgettable and I eventually quit.
  • Infinite Warfare had an awful SP campaign, just as bad as Black Ops II, III and Ghosts. You basically have no idea what is going on, who you are fighting and why you should care at all.
  • Zombies in Spaceland was fun for a time but the DLC 1 focused on melee weapons which made it boring and DLC 2 is now focusing MOSTLY on melee combat. It's super boring, why the hell would I want to learn different martial arts move? I'lll just go ahead and play Shadow Warrior instead!
  • Despite how much people hated the MP in Infinite Warfare, I must say I quite enjoyed it. It was fun to mess around with different weapons and combat rigs and I enjoyed the fast paced combat but maybe that's because it was the first time I was playing such a game. Before that I mostly spent my time playing games such as Battlefield: Bad Company 1 & 2, Battlefield 4 and Red Orchestra 2. 

Last week I decided to delete it because I got the feeling that I had finally seen all that there is to IW, besides that I have no hope for DLC 3 & 4 to be anything special. 

Call of Duty: WW II is 'boots on the ground' but the setting is something that has been done to death before. I would have been interested in the game if it portrayed the Eastern Front, Vietnam or the Korean War.

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 2

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

IIRC the tutorial scenario of The Operational Art of War was the Korean War- and that about exhausts the Korean War scenarios I can remember.

Up until fairly recently there were very few Vietnam games as well.

And it just so happens that TOAW 4 has recently begun beta-testing. Will be getting it as soon as it's released. :)

Expiditions: Viking is out today on Steam and GOG

Well, on Steam at least. GOG still says coming soon but has today as the release date

I wanted to get it on GOG, they dropped the ball on that one.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

i am on business trip, but i am looking for playing it soon

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Essentially a table-top version of Rocket League, Brawlerz: Nitro releases in Early Access in a few days.

Also, Micro Machines is coming back strong!

A new survival game that looks miles better than Don't Starve or The Forest...

• Like 1

Expiditions: Viking is out today on Steam and GOG

Well, on Steam at least. GOG still says coming soon but has today as the release date

This might well become my only Day 1 purchase of the year, along with Battle Brothers. Glad they've improved on the formula, and hope they get enough sales to keep making.

• Like 1

Wooot? mICROMACHINES!!!

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"