RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

Ahhh... I'm sure that she would have been an awesome character to me if this released a year or two after Darksiders 2 but I have to be honest, she looks awfully generic considering how many scantily clad women we have in games that are dressed similarly and with a similar weapon as well.

I think that's why she doesn't have that "wow" factor for me. Looking back at War and Death, they still have that factor because there's really nothing like them as far as other games.

Still, it'll probably be a day1 puchase for me as I have loved this series.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Is it going to be more like 1 or 2? Story driven or a mindless loot-fest?

I have to say that I hated 2.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Dude from second game looked like undead He-Man. How about staying true to your design vision.

At least Japanese devs don't kow-tow.

I'm not too sure I would go that far. Jrpg's are mostly made of the all too similar anime-esque characters. Maybe that's not a bad thing considering they sell well but the originality of the designs and backstories are mediocre at best. I would say that the Japanese recycle much more than Western/European designers have.

Is it going to be more like 1 or 2? Story driven or a mindless loot-fest?I have to say that I hated 2.

I'm hoping for Darksiders 1 gameplay, I also didn't necessarily care for the lootfest in Darksiders 2. I also hope that Vulgram (spelling?) plays a much bigger role. Still one of the coolest merchants I've ever seen in any game to this day.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Oh come on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yIwPovQKxQ

Darksiders 2 was overly long and the loot was a bit ... Meh, but other than that, fighting mechanics were solid and it had a very imaginative world to explore. You got to scale a gigantic chariot dragged by two undead dragons as it swooped past the landscape! You got to visit hell and paradise with some wonderful depiction of both. You got to do a weird ... Shadow of the Collossuss ... Ripoff ... Boss ... That didn't really work that well but was rather cool.

And a whole bunch of optional dungeons were a lot of fun. And the writing was pretty neat too, with Death being portrayed rather nicely (and his reluctance to take on sidequests was occasionally funny.) Shame animation quality wasn't nearly up to snuff, especially after splendid animations of the first game.

That said... Yeah, the original was a bit better. But just a bit.

When it comes to the third game, the trailer doesn't really bring a lot of hope to me.

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 1

http://www.gameology.ir/en/?pid=read&id=9

Interview with Patrice Desilets (Creator of Assassin Creed). Among other things, speaking why he left them in 2010.

TL;DR: He was fed up with "political lying" of Ubi and his gf wanted him leave, because he was not happy there :)

Patrice Desilets: ...snip... Me, my biggest struggle with being in an organization is that I was the guy at the end or in the middle also… I was the guy doing interviews like what we’re doing right now and I had to come up with political lying and I would receive comments and decisions made by other people and not me because it’s all about compromising when you’re in a big organization somehow and as my role, the creative director it’s tough to live by the decisions of others when being in front of the camera or Skype and I said I’m not a really good liar so I can’t do it anymore and then I also realized that when you do a really big franchise, you also make money for other people and they don’t really care about you (Laugh). So I said, enough! if I do another Assassin’s Creed at least it would be for me and my guys and also for Quebec and for my people in Montreal.

But to finish about the studio, I had the chance also to have a good portfolio so it took a while before I decided to leave and my girlfriend told me I was not happy anymore at Ubisoft. She made me realize that, so I said OK. Now it’s been seven years since I left Ubisoft. ...snip...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

For those of us playing Guild Wars 2, there's leaked info on the next expansion:

http://imgur.com/a/1jhLJ

Yeah, not sure how I feel about mounts, though looks like they're tied into certain zones. We'll see how it turns out I guess, thankfully no flying mounts yet...

On the subject of GW2: new Living World episode released yesterday :)

Edited by marelooke

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/05/03/psa-rps-is-now-owned-by-gamer-network/

Walker's comment is funny

“There comes a point in everyone’s career when they must abandon all their principles and beliefs, and sell out to The Man. It was simply our time. I want to assure readers that while RPS will be irreparably damaged by this sale, and that everything they love and hold dear about the site is lost, my mortgage has been significantly reduced.”

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

For those of us playing Guild Wars 2, there's leaked info on the next expansion:

Yeah, not sure how I feel about mounts, though looks like they're tied into certain zones. We'll see how it turns out I guess, thankfully no flying mounts yet...

While the incessant crying for mounts on the forums ticked me off, I don't mind them actually being implemented. The core maps and the expansion maps especially were not designed for mounts, but the Elonan screenshots look like the maps will be huge and relatively flat, so using mounts there makes sense.

While the incessant crying for mounts on the forums ticked me off, I don't mind them actually being implemented. The core maps and the expansion maps especially were not designed for mounts, but the Elonan screenshots look like the maps will be huge and relatively flat, so using mounts there makes sense.

Sure if the maps are designed for it it'll work. I'm just worried there'll be crying to retrofit them in the old maps, which would be disastrous imho (and ArenaNet doesn't really seem to have the funds to redesign all of them, Cataclysm style...).

I talked to the developers of Strafe last night (via messenger) and they said the game is 1 and a half hours long but will take you many times to over that to actually beat the game.

Also, they plan to add alot of new content that didn't make it into the game. I'm curious to what exactly that is, new weapons or levels - perhaps something more.

Seems like it will be an interesting game although I'm still not sure when I'll be purchasing it.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/05/03/psa-rps-is-now-owned-by-gamer-network/

Walker's comment is funny

“There comes a point in everyone’s career when they must abandon all their principles and beliefs, and sell out to The Man. It was simply our time. I want to assure readers that while RPS will be irreparably damaged by this sale, and that everything they love and hold dear about the site is lost, my mortgage has been significantly reduced.”

To be honest, I stopped thinking they had principles when they defended Whoever-was-sexing-the-Blue-Haired-Chick...

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Looks to be a solid spiritual successor to SWAT 4:

• Like 4
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Well, or a decent cinematic from a three man team.  It'll be the next Takedown Red Sabre. :p

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

http://kotaku.com/guy-finds-starcraft-source-code-and-returns-it-to-blizz-1794897125

Wonder if he kept a copy, would be a cool read

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 2

I think I'm just going to keep a watch on E3 to see if there's a release date for Assassin's Creed Empires, or Origins, or whatever they changed the name to. At the very least I found it a nice touch that they cut off the finger of the character, although I don't know how effective he will be with a bow with a missing finger.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif