RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

Google translate:

""Bloodborne (Bloodborne)" was elected fifth place in the general feature election of action game games by Mr. Famitsu Weekly released today (May 11). Thank you to everyone who voted. #Bloodborne #Bloodbone"

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 1

Google translate:

""Bloodborne (Bloodborne)" was elected fifth place in the general feature election of action game games by Mr. Famitsu Weekly released today (May 11). Thank you to everyone who voted. #Bloodborne #Bloodbone"

sad-panda.jpg?w=300

• Like 3

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Gamespot - Future of Hitman uncertain as SquareEnix puts IO Interactive up for sale..

Square Enix has announced intentions to divest ownership of IO Interactive, the Danish studio behind the Hitman series.

In a statement to its investors, the Japanese publisher reported what it described as an "extraordinary" $42 million loss for the financial year ending March 31, 2017. This is a result of the company's decision to to narrow its focus on key franchises and studios.

"To maximize player satisfaction as well as market potential going forward, we are focusing our resources and energies on key franchises and studios," it said in the statement. "As a result, the company has regrettably decided to withdraw from the business of [iO Interactive], a wholly‐owned subsidiary and a Danish corporation, as of March 31, 2017.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Well at least, Square is selling them and the new owner might make new games. Unlike EA, which just assimilates everything in their way and burns all of their IPs.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

..the Japanese publisher reported what it described as an "extraordinary" $42 million loss..

'Extraordinary' is a technical term in accounting, it means due to an unusual/ unpredicted/ unlikely to be repeated circumstance. In many ways it's actually better than a bog standard unextraordinary loss, which is rather the reverse of what Gamespot implies.

Edited by Zoraptor
  • Like 1

Well at least, Square is selling them and the new owner might make new games. Unlike EA, which just assimilates everything in their way and burns all of their IPs.

Hey, there's still time: the company is for sale, after all, :p.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

That's sad.  I really liked the latest Hitman.  I thought it was a good reboot for the franchise and a great base for future games in the series.  Who owns the IP, is it Squeenix or IO Interactive?  I imagine it's probably Squeenix, it's usually the publisher.  Hopefully somebody not completely awful buys IO Interactive.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Hopefully somebody not completely awful buys IO Interactive.

Rockstar Games?! 

They could make a proper Kane & Lynch game a la Max Payne 3.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm going to have to say absolutely no to that. I'd like to be able to buy Hitman games in the future.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Bethesda should buy it.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Ideally, Daedalic Entertainment would buy IO Interactive, as they seem like one of the less evil publishers out there, though I'm not sure they could afford the purchase and they seem more focused toward point & clicks and RPGs.  Paradox also seem like relatively decent guys, but, again, IO doesn't really make the types of games they deal with.  Maybe Focus Home Interactive or THQ Nordic?  I'd definitely take either of those two over Activision, Bethesda, Warner Bros., EA, or Ubi.

Edit: Then there's Capcom and Bandai/Namco, but IO Interactive doesn't seem...  Japanese enough for them.  I guess Konami is still a publisher but they mostly just publish Pachinko machines these days.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

TBH I Think, best would suit them acquisition from THQ Nordic. European publisher should understand european developer the most. And also I think, Hitman like games would complememt THQ Nordic's portfolio.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I have to say, it doesn't ring me as much as Crytek's shut down, a company which revolutionized pc gaming and affected it in a much bigger way.

Still sad though. On the bright side, we can expect the former-employees to form a new studio or join a pre-existing one which will allow for some new ip's. Fear not because someone will make a spiritual successor to Hitman and other iO fan favorites.

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Eador Genesis is free on GOG for the next day and a half. It's a good game if you have some patience- it's long- like vaguely HOMM like strategy/ battles and don't mind ~VGA level graphics. It's also a lot more stable than its modernised 'remake' version Masters of the Broken World.

• Like 2

Debating on whether to get Vanquish.. Impact Winter.. or a Steam Link. I'm really trying to limit myself to a 1 purchase a month here lol

From what I read about Vanquish is that it's very much like Transformers: Cybertron games but not as balanced? Thoughts?

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Debating on whether to get Vanquish.. Impact Winter.. or a Steam Link. I'm really trying to limit myself to a 1 purchase a month here lol

From what I read about Vanquish is that it's very much like Transformers: Cybertron games but not as balanced? Thoughts?

It's a third-person shooter at its core. But the top of the line graphics and art direction make it look very unique. The gameplay is also stellar because you have many different weapons and gameplay mechanics that you can take advantage of. Couple that with amazing set pieces, boss fights and a difficulty setting that changes the game in meaningful ways and you have yourself a must-play title. 

• Like 1

Vanquish is awesome, just a super fun, over the top (as is standard for Platinum), crazy shooter.  It's not the longest game in the world (you can finish it in one sitting if you really hunker down), but it's extremely enjoyable.  

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I have a 4k monitor and gaming rig but since I have a cat and a small child running around, I use my Alienware Alpha more often which plays games just in 1080p but not bad since everything is still maxed at 60fps for most newer games anyway. (I put my stuff away after every use - literally) because clumsy cat, clumsy kid, and such. I don't want something apple juice to spill on my stuff while I'm not in the room or something, that would be my worst nightmare lol

I have a cat too. She tends to stay away from my stuff unless I am having too much fun with a game. Actually, I think it's safe to say that I love her more than any of my games or consoles.  :wub:

Off Topic:

Sorry, guys! but you asked for it, this is my beloved Xiu Xiu:

rZRaUB5.jpg

I was looking for an excuse to post a pic of her. :p

• Like 5

Here's mine :) Sorry it's blurry...

post-173997-0-44666500-1494570395_thumb.jpg

Edited by SonicMage117
  • Like 1

Make no mistake, we spoil her. She has her own room with two different cat trees so I don't feel bad for setting boundaries :p

Okay sorry I'm done. Back to topic lol

post-173997-0-87804200-1494570708_thumb.jpg

• Like 1