List of Subclasses as we learn about them.

It's like the last update wasn't up-to-date. So many stuff missing from the sub-class one liners.

Yeap. This, helwalker's increased incoming damage, and wizard subclass details were not reflected in the text list of update #40.

I'm starting to think that the Darcozzi Paladini are really 3 level behind* everyone else all the time for a pitiful Fire Shield on Lay on Hand at this point (I was speculating that it was just their zeal resource that was lower and not their power level).

Personally I understood it as if their power level remained the same, but the resource pool (max zeal) was lowered.

But now that I re-read it: "Lay on Hands (Flames of Darcozzi Palace) creates a flame shield around the paladin. Lower Zeal power." - I find it ambiguous.

All that tells me is that the "power level" effectiveness increase is going to be marginal, otherwise all the subclass with lower power level most of the time are going to be dead ends (and we know Josh doesn't like dead ends).

The new multi-classing system does not need as aggressive [power-level related scaling] as the previously announced system did, because it's no longer possible to dip into another class.

Having +1 power level could as well increase the damage by just 5-10%.

We will need to know the exact numbers in order to make accurate conclusions on balance...

Edited by MaxQuest

• 4 weeks later...

We've seen mentioned the arcane knight, ghost knight, and goldpact knight. Will there be a knight subclass of fighter? That is, a fighter that follows the chivalric code and is skilled in the weapons and armor of mounted combat.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

We've seen mentioned the arcane knight, ghost knight, and goldpact knight. Will there be a knight subclass of fighter? That is, a fighter that follows the chivalric code and is skilled in the weapons and armor of mounted combat.

They've posted all of the subclasses. Goldpact Knight is a Paladin subclass. No "Knight" fighter subclass though.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/93848-update-40-multiclassing-part-ii/

"Fighter

• Black Jacket - Bonus weapon proficiency, reduced Recovery when switching weapon, but lacks Constant Recovery.
  • Devoted - May only be proficient in a single weapon.  Higher Penetration and crit damage with that weapon. Suffers Accuracy penalty when using other weapons.
  • Unbroken - Bonuses to Engagement and Disengagement Attacks, but lower Stride.
Paladin
  • Bleak Walkers - Flames of Devotion (Remember Rakhan Field) generates black flames and does Corrode damage.  Healing given and received is reduced. - Cannot multiclass with priests of Eothas, Berath, or Skaen.
  • Darcozzi Paladini - Lay on Hands (Flames of Darcozzi Palace) creates a flame shield around the paladin.  Lower Zeal power. - Cannot multiclass with priests of Berath, Magran, or Skaen.
  • Goldpact Knights  - Sworn Enemy (Gilded Enmity) creates protective gold armor on the paladin.  Cannot learn Zealous Auras. - Cannot multiclass with priests of Magran or Wael.
  • Kind Wayfarers - Flames of Devotion (Sword and the Shepherd) heals nearby allies.  Does less damage against enemies vulnerable to Sneak Attack. - Cannot multiclass with priests of Berath, Magran, Wael, or Skaen.
  • Shieldbearers of St. Elcga - Lay on Hands (St. Elcga's Grace) prevents the target from being knocked out for a short duration.  Cannot use Lay on Hands on self. - Cannot multiclass with priests of Skaen, Magran, or Wael."

Is just me or all paladin orders seem to have bigger disadvantages then bonus?

Bleak walker: bonus dmg vs less heal both given and received --> hope the dmg bonus is good enough

Dracozzi: whimpy fire shield ( one of weakest spells in poe1 ) for a lower possibility to use any ability ( lower zeal) --> bummer

Goldpact: kind of ironskin integrated with sworn enemy vs no auras (no bonus to perception or dr or whatever) --> bummer

Kind wayfarers : aoe heal on fod vs reduced dmg to basically anything, if you are playing with a party. Or you have to micro a lot for chosing on who cast a disable or cast an affliction --> meh

Shielbearers : lay on hands prevents knocking out for a short duration , but you can't use it on self ( so basically you can't use your beast healing on yourself) --> meh

I'm kind of wondering what "Stride" means. Is it just movement speed? That would be a weird way of phrasing it. So it might be a new thing.

Afaik stride will be the per encounter resource of the warrior. At the start of the encounter you will have x stride and every ability will cost 1/2/whatever stride

They've posted all of the subclasses. Goldpact Knight is a Paladin subclass. No "Knight" fighter subclass though.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/93848-update-40-multiclassing-part-ii/

"Fighter

• Black Jacket - Bonus weapon proficiency, reduced Recovery when switching weapon, but lacks Constant Recovery.
  • Devoted - May only be proficient in a single weapon.  Higher Penetration and crit damage with that weapon. Suffers Accuracy penalty when using other weapons.
  • Unbroken - Bonuses to Engagement and Disengagement Attacks, but lower Stride.

Really? That seems like an odd omission. Perhaps they'll add it in later?

Is just me or all paladin orders seem to have bigger disadvantages then bonus?

Bleak walker: bonus dmg vs less heal both given and received --> hope the dmg bonus is good enough

Dracozzi: whimpy fire shield ( one of weakest spells in poe1 ) for a lower possibility to use any ability ( lower zeal) --> bummer

Goldpact: kind of ironskin integrated with sworn enemy vs no auras (no bonus to perception or dr or whatever) --> bummer

Kind wayfarers : aoe heal on fod vs reduced dmg to basically anything, if you are playing with a party. Or you have to micro a lot for chosing on who cast a disable or cast an affliction --> meh

Shielbearers : lay on hands prevents knocking out for a short duration , but you can't use it on self ( so basically you can't use your beast healing on yourself) --> meh

I agree. The Goldpact kit and Darcozzi seem especially bad. What's Josh's thought process I don't get it. Flame Shield is a extremely situational ability that most of the time is flat out terrible. Also no auras on a paladin? It's a leader type class that's part of their signature. Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

Yeah, I feel like since Paladin subclasses are not optional, either the drawbacks should be toned down, or, and this is my preference, the differences should be more dramatic (like the Priest subclasses).

Maybe they'll make up for it by making the abilities more powerful (and/or otherwise buffing the class)? 

Yeah, I feel like since Paladin subclasses are not optional, either the drawbacks should be toned down, or, and this is my preference, the differences should be more dramatic (like the Priest subclasses).

Maybe they'll make up for it by making the abilities more powerful (and/or otherwise buffing the class)? 

I agree until we see the actual ability it just speculations. We know more abilities scale with level  more than POE1 so the abilities may have the same name like flame shield but be way more powerful because they are not static like in POE1. 

Ya I guess maybe we should see the revamped abilities. If they get revamped. Which is likely. Still the no Auras thing for + Armor buff in a game with no aggro? Meh maybe a good solo Paladin.

• Like 1

Have gun will travel.

Can we think it this way, so every class has its main role and secondary role, while subclasses are aimed to change classes' 2nd roles, like a Bleak walker change paladins to Leader/damage dealer,  Kind Wayfarers turn pal's into Leader/healer, Goldpact is Leader/tank focused, while shieldbearer for Leader/supporter. This makes sense to me if they design the subclasses this way.

• Like 1

I know it's weird, but i kinda wish one of the Chanter subclasses would actually require a musical instrument or something (for a pure-bard playstyle) and basically forgo the ability to attack normally for more powerful chants/invocations.

Could have a(n equippable or activatable) item that does that (say, a musical (or magical musical) instrument)....

Every class will have a trinket, that has a separate slot. So far the only confirmed one are grimoires for wizards, as far as I know. Chanters could have some musical instruments there, but they won't replace weapons.

Chanter soulbound trinket...

4U6uKIl.jpg

• Like 2

I know it's weird, but i kinda wish one of the Chanter subclasses would actually require a musical instrument or something (for a pure-bard playstyle) and basically forgo the ability to attack normally for more powerful chants/invocations.

Wasnt that one of the main Chanter playing styles? I mean sure you technically carried a sword and board but actually landing hits with your sword was hardly the point. So it really should be supported with a lute.

Edited by Skaddix