RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

DX:MD is extremely lazy and weak compared to DX:HR. The much larger hub didn't contain much larger meaningful content. The main plot and missions weren't great. The new additions to gameplay didn't make the game more fun. Characters are introduced in a graphic novel instead of the game, most of the characters aren't interesting or you don't interact with them much at all. DX: MD is half a game with a lot of filler. There's also a lot of anti-consumer stuff in it, buying praxis kits, use-once pre-order items, a pre-order mission. People counter with "well you don't need any of that", that's just another point against it, it's ripping people off, and it's also indicative to how unbalanced the game is, everything is given out like candy. I enjoyed some of the side mission content, but there wasn't that much of it, the engine is improved, the verticality of levels is good.

What were they expecting when they do that? When I look back at HR, I can think of so many moments and characters, segments of gameplay, I can't do that with MD.

• Like 3

I'm getting a little tired of "We have slower, stamina-based third person combat" = Dark Souls

Edit: By the way, was this posted yet? PETA wants WH40k fictional characters to stop wearing fictional animal furs. Nevermind the racism, nationalism, slavery, xenophobia, it's the fictional furs we gotta worry about. I swear, we need another war so that people find something sensible to pour energy into.

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 3

I had zero hype about The Surge. Those trailers did nothing whatsoever to move the needle. I'm not quite sure what it is, whether it's the setting, character design, or the combat, I can't quite put my finger on it, but that game looks really boring.

Edit: @Fenixp - Is there anyone left on this planet that still takes PETA the least bit seriously? It's really hard to give any creedence to an organization that so consistently makes a mockery of itself. I think at some point they may have become self-aware and are just trolling us now.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

DX:MD is extremely lazy and weak compared to DX:HR. The much larger hub didn't contain much larger meaningful content. The main plot and missions weren't great. The new additions to gameplay didn't make the game more fun. Characters are introduced in a graphic novel instead of the game, most of the characters aren't interesting or you don't interact with them much at all. DX: MD is half a game with a lot of filler. There's also a lot of anti-consumer stuff in it, buying praxis kits, use-once pre-order items, a pre-order mission. People counter with "well you don't need any of that", that's just another point against it, it's ripping people off, and it's also indicative to how unbalanced the game is, everything is given out like candy. I enjoyed some of the side mission content, but there wasn't that much of it, the engine is improved, the verticality of levels is good.

What were they expecting when they do that? When I look back at HR, I can think of so many moments and characters, segments of gameplay, I can't do that with MD.

I wonder when single player games become subscription based. When you look at both apps and games they have tried almost everything else already, cramming them full of adds and malware, buying minutes like on a pre paid phone. 

It's already getting to the point where if you have an app that you know certain people cannot do without it will inevitably be subscription only so people will wind up paying for it forever. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I'm getting a little tired of "We have slower, stamina-based third person combat" = Dark Souls

Edit: By the way, was this posted yet? PETA wants WH40k fictional characters to stop wearing fictional animal furs. Nevermind the racism, nationalism, slavery, xenophobia, it's the fictional furs we gotta worry about. I swear, we need another war so that people find something sensible to pour energy into.

Makes me wonder if PETA people were loling about it while writing the letter.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

So it The Surge just combat, or is there other RPG stuff? I was hoping it was more like Mars: War Logs.

It's from the same guys who made Lords of the Fallen so I am guessing it will be like that? Never played it but heard that it was like a poor man's Dark Souls.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Don't think this has been posted yet ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNMQVcyowss

Edit:

And Avellone is tweeting a few comments on it as he's watching that interview apparently...

Edited by Raithe
  • Like 4

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

So, some interesting factoids about the Deadfire campaign.

They are only 350 backers away from surpassing WL3 which ended with 17,707 backers and $3.1m total. They've already beaten it in terms of standard Pledges. It seems WL3 received some $2.25M from investments which leaves $871k from pledges. WL3 also had consoles as a target, and their funding was probably investor heavy because it has I higher likelihood of profits from a wider audience. However, I don't know how successful WL2 was on console.

Psychonauts ended with 24,109 backers, $3.83m total (I misread it when I said 3.3 in an earlier post), investors amounted to $1.95m, and pledges were $1.87m. It also has consoles as a target.

Currently, Deadfire has 17,375 backers (as I type this), has $1.911M, $996k from pledges, $915k from investors, and a little over 23 days left on the campaign.

If it receives anything close to the investors of those two titles (close to $2m) then it could very well break Fig's record, and potentially break kickstarter's record as well. I'm being optimistic since PoE is PC only, and that will likely lower its potential investor amount, but I'd love to be wrong. I think it will beat both in total backers, and pledge dollars, but investors will be the deciding factor.

Just thought I'd share.

Edit: I forgot about Shenmue 3 $6.33m total, and Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night spiritual successor) with a $5.5m total. I doubt Deadfire will hit that, but it would be hilarious if it did.

Edited by Ganrich
  • Like 3

Don't think this has been posted yet ...

So... If I understand this correctly, Black Isle was developing a 3D engine for Fallout 3. 3D engine that got later bought off by Gamebryo. Gamebryo that then got licensed by Bethesda who later on made Fallout 3 on it. Funny dat. Great stuff.

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 1

I'm not surprised PE2 is gonna beat WL3. Obsidian is a bigger more well known company. I mean they have had their names on games that have sold multi millioins copies - mot notably FO: NV. WL3 is made by a company whose  entire success is based on their founder's success a few decades ago.

As for nu BIO's nu game. Meh.

• Like 3

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

didn't bother to read the link, does it mean people can play it online for free? I think there should be measures on the game's servers preventing that from happening regardless, so downloading a pirated version would be useless, unless you wanted to play solo without being able to save player progression

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

oh, I expected it to be online-only

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Not the most informative trailer ever, but I guess this is an expansion for Stellaris.  I'll get that game someday, I hear it's quite good, though I don't have time for a grand strategy right now.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Not the most informative trailer ever, but I guess this is an expansion for Stellaris.  I'll get that game someday, I hear it's quite good, though I don't have time for a grand strategy right now.

I quit Stellaris a while back because I got into a bit of an arms race with my neighbors (it is really boring). Plus I'm trying to cut down on my alcohol intake and the way I prefer to play Stellaris is drunk while listening to Aqua. 

• Like 5
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif