What are you playing right now?

Anyone played The Technomancer?

The description says:

"The Technomancer offers players dynamic RPG gameplay and action-oriented combat along four different skill trees, concentrating on three different fighting styles and the destructive electro-focused powers of the Technomancers. But brute strength won’t get you through every situation: conversational dialogue plays an important role in quests, changing the story depending on the decisions you make. Along your adventure, you will craft equipment, weapons and armor for yourself and for the companions you’ll recruit, nurturing relationships with these important allies. Confronted with the cruelty of mars’ iron-fist enforcers and alien wild-life, can you survive long enough to uncover the truth behind the Technomancer."

I only saw it because I was browsing around for new games just recently released.

Unless you played and liked Mars War Logs I wouldn't immediately jump on it.

Hmm.  I actually did like that game.  It was clearly low budget, but it was a bit of a gem, IMO.

Technomancer seems like a much bigger game, certainly graphics and level design are improved. But it also seems like they speeded up combat, I barely have time to use any abilities.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I decided to go ahead and buy the Technomancer.  If it ends up being a more polished version of Mars War Logs, I'll be happy with the purchase.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I decided to go ahead and buy the Technomancer.  If it ends up being a more polished version of Mars War Logs, I'll be happy with the purchase.

If you liked Mars Logs then you won't regret it, but it gets a bit grindy, the levels are too large with too little content and the story trails downward towards the end.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I regret not putting points in Stealth earlier. You can clear out entire rooms quickly if you don't suck.

Really?! I thought it was a dump stat.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Mario Kart 8 is sooooooo sweet. The last time I played a Mario Kart game was back in 1997, it sure is nice to see some of the N64 tracks make their way to this game. Online battles are also a ton of fun. 

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Playing Stellaris, last few patches really done great job to polish diplomacy and interactions between nations, still a lot of space for improvement but much better than at start

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I have to get one major gripe out of the way.  I'm happy with my PS4.  I still easily choose it today over the Xbox one, but will say the only thing I don't like about it is the patching system.  For some reason, and I'm not technically, whenever needing to patch/update a game with a decent size patch, say even 4-5 GBs, for some reason I need to have the very nearly the full size of the game, plus the patch size available in space on the hard drive to download this update.  Take for example, the Division just had a patch available, don't know the size of it, but I have 30+ GB of space available on my hard drive and I can't download the patch.  Same thing when Elder Scrolls Online wants to patch.  What I have to do is delete the game, and then redownload the whole game to get the most updated version.  

People can say, well, keep less on your system, which is true, but I have certain games for certain time frames of how much time I have to game sometimes, or for co-op with friends every once in a while.  This is just a silly system in this day and age.  I also know I can upgraded the HD to 2 TB if I need to, but honestly, actual space is not really the issue, it's the way the patches are installed is it seems.

Played much of Inside last night. What is with these guys and killing kids?

And I'm slightly ashamed to say I played some Hyperdimension Neptunia. Trying to figure out if the franchise is any good since I saw V II released. Well, it certainly plays like a VITA game got ported to PC... And it's lots of just two sprites making corny jokes.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Listening to the UT99 soundtrack. Brings back so many memories. Think I need to get me some frags while the new Warframe update downloads.

And yeah, I keep an UT99 install around "just in case"... Just bummed that my backup CD that had all the mods I ran aged to death way back...

Tale at it again with spoilers.

It's a spiritual successor to Limbo. Where you play a kid and violently die a bunch progressing. I kind of draw the spoiler line at the core concept.

finished Technomancer

it was good but not sure whether it was good enough

Ditto on that but I often find that Spider does underwhelming finales...I really wish they would go back to making games like Of Orcs and Men.

village_idiot.gif

Will give this backwards compatibility thing a whirl. Red Dead Redemption on Xbox One. Which is fitting, the hard drive on my Xbox is a ghost town. Just Batman and Lara. And Master Chief.

*okay well that was weird. Playing a backcompat game requires you to re-setup your network and re-login to your account even if you're already currently online and logged in to your XB1 account.  Retro fashion, the same exact Xbox 360 graphic UI comes up. The game works fine, except you have to assume which new button is the old Start button, and there's a strange hum through the headphones. Not sure how viable this avenue of nostalgia is.

Edited by ManifestedISO

All Stop. On Screen.

Finished my Platinum run for Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII. I am really happy, that it is already over... It is prime example of game, where if you do not know how to make game last longer, you put in MMO-like quests and make it even worse.

Well still I had to put in 127 hours, so the game is not that bad, but the idea where you "level up" only with completing the quests, is still not very compelling...

Currently at 12 Platinums. Next game either Atelier Rorona or Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory. Or something completely different, because I am somehow not much in the mood of gaming in last few weeks.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Ditto on that but I often find that Spider does underwhelming finales...I really wish they would go back to making games like Of Orcs and Men.

That game was jointly developed by Spiders and Cyanide.  Given that Cyanide has continued with the franchise and Spiders has not, I'm guessing that Cyanide did the heavy lifting for that game.

Continuing my Axiom Verge playthrough.  I managed to "glitch" my way into another world that Elsenova calls "artifact", I call it Interlaced World.  She warned me to turn back and leave the place.  All I've found in there besides scan lines and horrible pop-in is 1/5 an Energy Tank Health Node and a gun upgrade that's proven completely useless so far.  Maybe she has a point?

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Pillars of Eternity

Finished White March part 1.

WoW Legion beta. Did some of the artifact quests, liked the Paladin one where we become Highlord. The frost DK one is kind of funny as the Lich King commands you to reforge Frostmourne into 2 blades - no one sees a problem with this.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

You'll enjoy their order campaign then, where the Lich King gets the Knights of the Ebon Blade to attack Light's Hope Chapel so he can raise Tirion Fordring as a new champion against the Legion - and again, none of the Death Knights seem to think this seems familiar.

Played and finished SOMA.
I really, really liked the story. The atmosphere was haunting but it wasn't so scary that I couldn't play it. Though there were some enemies at which I didn't dare moving for a few minutes (also, screw you anglerfish). Some enemies could've used a bit more setup. Terry Akers I couldn't tell apart from the other proxies and I only know who the final guy in the diving suit is because I read the TVTropes article of the game afterwards.

• Like 1