What are you playing right now?

Made it to the end, of the Endless Paths of Od Nua, for the first time, Level 15. Not only was my corn creamed, it was shucked, chopped, diced, filleted, pureed, boiled, and steamed. A literal insta-wipe. Will need to research tactics, if there be any.

• Like 2

All Stop. On Screen.

Again, you're trying to critique. I only stated what I preferred and why. If that's not good enough for you, I'm sorry I don't meet your high standards.

selective amnesia.

our dialogue began after your critique o' poe leveling.  you used wasteland 2 as a comparison in your critique.  you see some special qualitative difference in your critique v. stated preferences preference, with examples and comparisons to existing games?  

okie dokie

Made it to the end, of the Endless Paths of Od Nua, for the first time, Level 15. Not only was my corn creamed, it was shucked, chopped, diced, filleted, pureed, boiled, and steamed. A literal insta-wipe. Will need to research tactics, if there be any.

the boss at the foot o' the endless paths is representing a rather substantial increase in difficulty compared to your previous endless path encounters.  boss has a couple attacks that do overwhelming damage.  don't feel bad if you need/want to level and gear a bit before finishing her off.  eat your food and use your potions... and scrolls. 

without getting into specifics, we will note that the attendant mobs possesses serious debilitating abilities.  petrify and nasty aoes and all kinda badness. ideally, if you can get the mobs to attack the dragon, you is possible killing two birds with one stone.  regardless, don't just ignore mobs thinking that your own aoes will neutralize 'em.

also, we know you is playing all snidely whiplash , but there is a npc that can teach you a useful ability when fighting any dragon in the game.  as a salve to your (lack of) conscience, am pretty sure you can kill the helpful npc with the dragon bane skill after she teaches you her unique ability.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

snidely whiplash 

HA! Good Fun!

Who must make a Benevolent choice to acquire the amulet. Which is fine, no curses foiled, no ranks in Cruel deducted or Do-Right added. Honestly it was more interesting for my bad priest to complete the quest instead of fight the fight.

Now it's time to get it on like Concelhaut. 

All Stop. On Screen.

Are you sarcastic or serious? The reviews mostly haven't been good, but Spiders/Cyanide RPG's never get good reviews, I'd be kind of worried if they did.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Zero Time Dilemma is, so far, better than expected. It's actually more puzzle dense than I remember the previous ones being and they're pretty fair.

The plot is also the most confusing to start with. But with knowledge of previous games, it kind of makes sense.

It's looking like Spike Chunsoft might bring the entire Zero Escape series to PC, so I'm holding off on playing this so that I can play the series in chronological order.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Combat system looks quite rubbish. Shame there's no demo.

It is the same combat system in all of spider's games, if you never played one then it's an acquired taste.

I will say that the more open world nature of "The Technomancer" works against its favor. The larger scale just makes going from point A to B more of a chore.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Combat system looks quite rubbish. Shame there's no demo.

The predecessor game, Mars : War Logs is $3.74 on Steam right now. Combat should be similar, I guess you can return it if you don't like it. It used to have a demo, but I can't find it any more. Come to think of it, you should be able to return Technomancer, not sure.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

True and even 20 hours in I was still loving it - seeing that loser Uruk that took a lucky killing potshot at you, rise the ranks (if you don't kill him of course) is great fun.. And their banter is really contextually reactive as well.

Saw this one captain fight a Graug, decided to kill 'em both d he was all "I can take you both on ****!"

Fortune favors the bald.

I'm trying to get into Uncharted 4 to replay it, but I just can't seem to.  I can't quite put my finger on what it is about the game, but I didn't enjoy it as much as the first two (I like it better than UC3 though).  Maybe it's because the story seemed a bit too serious, whereas the first two didn't take themselves as serious so it was more about a treasure hunting adventure.

Whatever the case, I might just put it aside for a while and come back to it when my itch to play a treasure hunting game returns.  Maybe I'll try the latest Batman or play through the Witcher 3 with the two expansions now.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

True and even 20 hours in I was still loving it - seeing that loser Uruk that took a lucky killing potshot at you, rise the ranks (if you don't kill him of course) is great fun.. And their banter is really contextually reactive as well.

Saw this one captain fight a Graug, decided to kill 'em both d he was all "I can take you both on ****!"

It's also pretty cool when some of the Uruks pull a protagonist and come back from the dead. There was one guy I had to kill like 5 times, and the last time he just came upon me randomly just as I was about to leave the first map. By that time he was just a giant mass of bandages, but it was pretty satisfying when I beheaded him and knew that he was finally dead for good.
  • Like 1

I'm trying to get into Uncharted 4 to replay it, but I just can't seem to. I can't quite put my finger on what it is about the game, but I didn't enjoy it as much as the first two (I like it better than UC3 though). Maybe it's because the story seemed a bit too serious, whereas the first two didn't take themselves as serious so it was more about a treasure hunting adventure.

Whatever the case, I might just put it aside for a while and come back to it when my itch to play a treasure hunting game returns. Maybe I'll try the latest Batman or play through the Witcher 3 with the two expansions now.

As an avid fan of Uncharted my issue with 4 was pacing. It was incredibly slow for an Uncharted.

On the plus side that was the last game somewhat keeping me in the console world. Everything else is multiplatform or not of interest to me.

I've tried the System Shock demo. It's pretty cool actually, though making useables more noticeable would be nice. I got stuck after the machine room, with the missing circuitry and I barely found that, then spent five minutes looking for the missing piece, fruitlessly.

Playing through Just Cause 3 with the new Mech Expansion. Having fun, but just wish when trying to liberate a settlement that would hint to the last thing needed to be blown up/shot to finally liberate the place. Sometimes I'm searching for 10 minutes for the last dish or camera when taking out the rest only took a couple minutes. The rocket propelled jet pack is the best invention in this game lol

Finished up Ratchet and Clank. Had a good time with the game which looks beautiful and fun for kids to watch.

Putting some more time into Alienation. Really enjoy this game and can't wait till July 5th for the couch co-op, and expanded features

Think I'm at about 46 hours into Witcher 3 for my pc playthrough. Hit Skelliege a couple hours and forgot how much I love this area. Think I'm level 22 so far but just love this game and look forward to the expansions since I still haven't gone through B&W on the PS4 yet since its been awhile since I last played on the ps4. I just want to quit my job for a month so I can get through all the content lol. That's about it lately.

Fun to read what others are playing. So many good games in my backlog that I look forward to when reading others' posts.

Replaying Doom 2016 on Nightmare. I'm having such a blast with this game. It's an amazing mix of Doom, Quake and Painkiller, taking the best out of all of these and mashing them into a single, action-filled package. Gunplay's satisfying, when action begins it doesn't stop (there's no such thing as taking cover in there! And no hitscan weapons for enemies, thankfully), (nearly) all weapons have alt fire (and alt-alt fire, because of course they do), and many combat arenas contain powerups like berserk, quad damage, immortality or speed to mix things up every now and again. Oh and all music is based on or direct remix of tracks from Doom 1 and 2 or of the title theme for Doom 3.

Just so I don't only gush about the game, it does have its issues. While levels are filled with secrets and many are complex and expansive, there are also some linear ones. And worse, especially later on in the campaign, you will get locked out of already visited areas with absolutely no warning so if you want to secret hunt, tough luck. And if you don't enjoy exploring levels or completing challenges, you'll get a lot less weapon upgrades, which sucks. Oh and sometimes, thankfully it's quite rare, you'll get locked in a room with plot device until it's done passing exposition to you - that's a really unfortunate break of flow for a game which explicitly started off making fun of such obstructions.

Playing U4mpo after patch. OCd kicked in and now i'm farming relics to buy a chance for a dlc item. idiotic but i can't help it. It's bette than DS3 ocd, where even if start my n-th character i still pickup and kill everything instead of focusing on making new builds. :/

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Finished Zero Time Dilemma yesterday. The game ultimately lacked the charm of the first two. It's a solid continuation/sequel, but it feels like it's running out of steam. When you go into the game, knowing that time travel is going to come into play, and so do many of the characters, where else is there to go?

It was nice to see more of those characters and their continued development, but I'm kind of hoping this is the last of the series. The only choices for its future are to become repetitive or jumping over sharks.

The puzzles were fantastic, but they can always do puzzles in a brand new series.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Well, I don't think I can beat the final boss in Underrail. And the entire final area was quite a grueling slog, I'd never know what to do in a million years without a guide. IMO the rest of the game is still well worth playing though. Started Technomancer as a consolation.