What are you playing right now?

Watched some people playing it... Looked boring. Really not a fan of pointless "exploring" games. What worth is a big game world if you only ever do the same grind.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I watched a few streams and it looked interesting but I didn't see much combat. Everybody was just using the multi tool to mine the crap out of everything Does anyone know how the guns and weapons work in this game? I haven't seen much on-foot combat.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Doing another play-through of PoE, this time with the White March expansions. This time I'm taking a different set of characters for the variation in experience. However, the expansion adds another three, so it doesn't look like I'll get to them all.

I do like what they have done with the stronghold; it feels more meaningful now. But I still wish I could hire (or recruit) a couple of servant staff to do the maintenance busy work. The Stronghold NPCs continue to feel very bare bones.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

No Man's Sky

I didn't imagine things would go so fast in this game. I've travelled like 4 or 5 systems over already. And now my hyperdrive is full to burst with cells, so I can jump another 5 any time I feel like. I've visited a good 9-10 planets, lost my entire inventory once.

I thought I'd have an experience of maybe one planet per day. Two. And I could write about it. But it's all flashing by in a blur. I did find a beautiful star system though that I'm going to be spending some time at. Has a nice purple gas cloud hue to it and the planet I've found there so far is a wonderful ice world with snowstorms. Going to a crashed ship after work, probably need to fix it up, but it's got to be an upgrade over the Vector Alpha.

• Like 2
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It's free to play. No pay to win either.

The base game is indeed free to play.  If you want to find out my opinion on the game you can enhance your experience with the Game Opinion DLC for just $19.95.  Better yet, you can buy the season pass for $59.95 and get all future DLCs at a discounted price!

:fdevil:

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 4

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

It's free to play. No pay to win either.

The base game is indeed free to play. If you want to find out my opinion on the game you can enhance your experience with the Game Opinion DLC for just $19.95. Better yet, you can buy the season pass for $59.95 and get all future DLCs at a discounted price!

:fdevil:

I'd do it because if you don't preorder you'll end up paying $400 for the whole set.

• Like 3

No Man's Sky

I didn't imagine things would go so fast in this game. I've travelled like 4 or 5 systems over already. And now my hyperdrive is full to burst with cells, so I can jump another 5 any time I feel like. I've visited a good 9-10 planets, lost my entire inventory once.

I thought I'd have an experience of maybe one planet per day. Two. And I could write about it. But it's all flashing by in a blur. I did find a beautiful star system though that I'm going to be spending some time at. Has a nice purple gas cloud hue to it and the planet I've found there so far is a wonderful ice world with snowstorms. Going to a crashed ship after work, probably need to fix it up, but it's got to be an upgrade over the Vector Alpha.

Does it feel fun to explore, or do you get the impression it could become kind of boring after a while?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'd do it because if you don't preorder you'll end up paying $400 for the whole set.

the_dog_days gets it.  I'm just trying to save people money.  To show good faith, I'm giving all of you the Keyrock Periodically Changes His Avatar To A Different Io Shirai Picture DLC as my gift to you.  That's 19 pictures (and counting).  THINK OF THE VALUE!

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

but what if I want you to use rodent avatars instead

• Like 3

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

The Sleepy Rat avatar is only available in the limited edition $500 Collector's Box.  It also comes with a cloth map and a pack of matches.

In all seriousness, I'll play some Shadwen over the weekend.  Too much DotA on right now to play any games at all during the work week.  I got it now because it was on sale and they released a content patch, which should address one of the issues expressed by people of the game at launch (not enough content).  Hopefully they've also had time to fix some of the bugs by now.  I'm going to go for a pacifist run (something I always go for in stealth games), assuming the game allows that.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Oh great. I'm up to 180 something gear level now in The Division and today the game decided I belong in the 201-230 gear level bracket. I'm screwed. I can't even kill mobs in the lowest part of the Dark Zone now.. they start at level 32.

I wonder why this keeps happening to me. I own maybe three pieces of equipment above level 200 (usually level 204). My weapons are still level 163.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

WoW on a PVE server is like heaven after 10 years on a PvP server.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

No Man's Sky

Does it feel fun to explore, or do you get the impression it could become kind of boring after a while?

Everything gets boring after a while. I can see this doing so, too. But I'm still enjoying hunting down monoliths, learning the languages, and trying to improve my stuff.

If you can find a planet you think is beautiful, that can hold you for a while. And that's also something of a continuing draw.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Feeding a goon headfirst into a Piranha tank at the local zoo, the Punisher is a teeny bit violent.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

No Man's Sky

Everything gets boring after a while. I can see this doing so, too. But I'm still enjoying hunting down monoliths, learning the languages, and trying to improve my stuff.

If you can find a planet you think is beautiful, that can hold you for a while. And that's also something of a continuing draw.

Is there actually any combat?  Interaction with other characters (NPCs, not human-controlled)?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)