What are you playing right now?

Gorth

I called in sick yesterday to play lots of Uncharted.

So far I'd say it's the best one yet. They just need to stick the landing.

I haven't done that since Mass Effect 3, which is probably why I refuse to clear out my day for a new game lest I be disappointed twice over (for the game and for not getting paid for that day).

Startes off in Stellaris just with the tutorials so far. Early days but I sense a decent amount of depth to things.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That kinda crap could happen in EU4, too...for both armies and ships. It stopped being that big of a problem for armies after the major sieges and forts reworks, but could still be pretty annoying for fleets.

I suppose I should really be trying Stellaris now, before the game collapses under its own weight of added mishmash DLC stuff. Or maybe I just won't ever bother... :p

In EU4 and CK2 you can catch up to those armies easier though. In Stellaris even you pop into the same system they might still warp out of the before your fleet reaches them and the only thing missing is the music from Benny Hill Show when you chase those fleets across the galaxy.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Homeworld Remastered

Homeworld is not a 4x, which means you should fix the "unplayed" status promptly :-P I assume the reason why would it remain unplayed is because 4x games take bloody ages so I'm happy to say I have actually finished both Homeworld games from the remastered collection in about 20 hours or so.

Homeworld is not a 4x, which means you should fix the "unplayed" status promptly :-P I assume the reason why would it remain unplayed is because 4x games take bloody ages so I'm happy to say I have actually finished both Homeworld games from the remastered collection in about 20 hours or so.

The length of the game doesn't bother me. Its more a case of every time I think about playing one of them I feel like I'm going to get buried under an avalanche of choices and learning curves. Then I go fire up D3 or Grim Dawn and giggle as I splode mooks. Having never played a single Paradox title, and seeing you guys talk about their other titles, also discourages me a bit.

• Like 1

No need to worry about that either - Homeworld games are pure RTS games, more or less. You have sort of a base, you construct ships, you research tech. You left click a unit to select it and right click to send it do stuff. There's no diplomacy, there's only a single resource and research in the campaign is always limited to just a few technologies at a time. That's not to say it's not complex - but it's complex like something between StarCraft and Red Alert 2 as opposed to uber-complex like 4x games. It also has an amazing story and completely unique feel to it.

Yes, everybody needs to play Homeworld.

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 1

Thief 4. It's not such a bad game overall but it certainly has some design choices that are questionable if not outright bad.

The most glaring one is the way the secondary objectives in missions are often at odds with each other or even with primary objectives like "don't get detected" and "beat an enemy in a fight" at the same time. Also i would prefer it if they had the game be mission based like the first 2. Instead of a semi-open world with 8 main missions and 20 side missions, it would be better if they made 15 main missions and fleshed out the story more through them.

However it did have a moment of genius in the asylum mission where you find a safe but no matter how hard you look you can't find the combination while it is right in the same room. And when you do find it you get a feeling like you just beat a really hard boss in Dark Souls but i bet not many people did it without looking at a guide. The reason is that the combination is communicated to you through the sound coming from the pipes on the wall which you just dismiss as the usual creepy sound of the setting of the mission while hearing it repeating over and over

Edited by teknoman2

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

And the crowd goes wild. Uncharted 4 finished. Naughty Dog's second best game, at least since I never really played the Crash titles.

And I don't say that lightly. The fight for 1st was fierce and I think The Last of Us might have cheated.

• Like 2
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

And the crowd goes wild. Uncharted 4 finished. Naughty Dog's second best game, at least since I never really played the Crash titles.

And I don't say that lightly. The fight for 1st was fierce and I think The Last of Us might have cheated.

I just hit Chapter 16, so a good bit more to go, but dammmnnnn, this is a great game so far.  The story has been awesome and extremely curious/excited to see where it leads....

Edited by SadExchange

Finished uncharted 4 as well, might be the best uncharted to play but not best overall. I don't like the story, SAm or the villains all that much. I mean the work well together but no.  Especially the villains felt underused, Nadine comes to mind. Also the separation of pure combat/stealth and explore/platform never bothered me as much in previous games as it does now in u4.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Crash Bandicoot 2 and 3 are best Naughty Dog's games, without question :-P And are amongs the best games ever as well!!!

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Just got the 'Marco Polo' achievement for Uncharted, in the tropical islands, Chapter 12 maybe. Reminded me of when I was nine and we visited a park called Marineland in Los Angeles where I choked on sea water while snorkeling with real fishes. It's funny because they closed Marineland a few years later, but then filmed Pirates of the Caribbean in that exact place where I snorkeled except without any water and Uncharted 4 is all about pirates.   

All Stop. On Screen.

Finished Uncharted 4. Took me 18 hours to beat it. The whole experience was amazing but Uncharted 3 still remains my favorite.

Started playing DOOM. It's pretty fun to be honest, I am playing it on ultra violence and the difficulty feels just right, can't wait to get my hands on the snap map function. I think I already complained about the games graphics earlier which still stands true. I expected the game to look a little prettier than it is.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Finished Uncharted 4. Took me 18 hours to beat it. The whole experience was amazing but Uncharted 3 still remains my favorite.

Started playing DOOM. It's pretty fun to be honest, I am playing it on ultra violence and the difficulty feels just right, can't wait to get my hands on the snap map function. I think I already complained about the games graphics earlier which still stands true. I expected the game to look a little prettier than it is.

If you want pretty graphics, don't play on console :)

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

If you want pretty graphics, don't play on console :)

Agreed sir. That is one thing I have absolutely no rights to complain about since PC gaming is still held back by console limitations, but the problem is that I get distracted by a few exclusives and then I end up playing all of my games on the console. I'll build myself a nice rig once this baby is out. 

Played some more DOOM. Graphics be damned, the gameplay is pretty damn sweet and fast paced. 

Finished Thief 4... the questionable design choices that did not seem that bad at first became a cumulative problem in the later stages of the game because the cost vs reward for most secondary missions was off. For most secondary missions it was necessary to use a rope arrow to reach to destination and that cost 450g to buy but the total income from doing the mission was much less than 450g so my wallet was getting in the red all the time, making it hard to but the stuff i actually needed for the main missions. (un)fortunately i could just replay previous missions and get extra loot but it was rather annoying.

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

I don't know if it has something to do with the server maintenance they did the other night, but the Division hasn't been laggy for me since the downtime.  I'm able to actually play the game without every single combat encounter happening on a 5-second delay.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I've all but given up on playing the Dark Zone in the Division.  Maybe it's because I solo-game, but all there is are random idiots who go rogue and pick on lower level players, or the occasional band of roaming NPCs you shoot for some XP.  Unless I'm just missing it, I haven't seen any actual quests or missions to undertake in there.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Weird, I never had such experiences when playing. But then again, usually I tried to stick with the first other player I've met.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I've all but given up on playing the Dark Zone in the Division.  Maybe it's because I solo-game, but all there is are random idiots who go rogue and pick on lower level players, or the occasional band of roaming NPCs you shoot for some XP.  Unless I'm just missing it, I haven't seen any actual quests or missions to undertake in there.

There are no quests or missions there. It's just a PVE zone with PVP elements. Kill and collect gear and then try to extract it. That's all there is to it. Also leveling up your Dark Zone rank to be able to buy stuff from traders in Safe houses. They have the best gear or blueprints that you can buy.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

The DOOM single-player campaign is loads and loads of fun. The enemy variety is nice, the level design is great, controls are smooth, weapons feel great... definitely give it a try if you are looking for a fast paced fps and try to go for the PC version, this is one game that definitely benefits a lot from a mouse+keyboard setup.

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1