RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Blarghagh

2016...will be a "primal" year...

I'm looking forward to this.  Not exactly what it seemed to be in the initial trailer, but it still seems interesting.

Meh. While I really dig a good tribal setting, I am really not a fan of the supernatural stuff, animal magic, riding bears and whatever.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I'm looking forward to this.  Not exactly what it seemed to be in the initial trailer, but it still seems interesting.

I was really hoping for the game to be a simulation of the life and times of Oscar Wilde, the biting delivery of razor sharp witticisms, the charming and challenging of society with our risque personal behaviour, the writing of some of the most enduring works of art one can imagine, the wholesale consumption of industrial sized quantities of Laudanum, the wearing of stylish cravats and far too tight breeches, lunch at the Savoy etcetera. Alas.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I was really hoping for the game to be a simulation of the life and times of Oscar Wilde, the biting delivery of razor sharp witticisms, the charming and challenging of society with our risque personal behaviour, the writing of some of the most enduring works of art one can imagine, the wholesale consumption of industrial sized quantities of Laudanum, the wearing of stylish cravats and far too tight breeches, lunch at the Savoy etcetera. Alas.

"There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."

RE: Magic; The initial presentation had made it seem like you could play any creature in the game; the magic stuff seems to give a rationale for why that happens

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads%2Fparadox-interactive-acquires-white-wolf-publishing-from-ccp-games.888941%2F

Paradox Interactive Acquires White Wolf Publishing from CCP Games

New Paradox Subsidiary will Operate Independently and Manage All White Wolf Properties, Including World of Darkness and Vampire: The Masquerade

STOCKHOLM - Oct. 29, 2015 - Paradox Interactive, a global games developer and publisher, today announced the acquisition of White Wolf Publishing from CCP Games in an all-cash deal. Now a subsidiary of Paradox Interactive, White Wolf Publishing is a licensing business that owns and manages intellectual properties including World of Darkness, Vampire: The Masquerade and Werewolf: The Apocalypse. Led by CEO Tobias Sjögren, former EVP of Business Development at Paradox, White Wolf Publishing will operate as an independent entity with a dedicated team.

White Wolf Publishing has a long history of producing gaming universes that span mediums, including tabletop and collectible card games, PC games and books. Paradox Interactive acquired all of White Wolf’s brands, and its new subsidiary will pursue development opportunities across relevant categories of games under the White Wolf Publishing name.

“Like Paradox’s games, White Wolf’s properties have dedicated, passionate communities. While there are similarities in spirit, White Wolf’s IPs have very different themes than Paradox’s titles, and deserve their own brand and team,” said Fredrik Wester, CEO and President of Paradox Interactive. “We have great respect for White Wolf’s gaming worlds and see big opportunities for their expansion in the future under our new subsidiary.”

“Over the last 20 years, I’ve had the opportunity to work with beloved studios like DICE and Paradox on the business management side of games, and as a developer earlier in my career. I look forward to bringing my experience to bear as we pursue new ways to interact with White Wolf’s universes,” said Tobias Sjögren, CEO of White Wolf Publishing. “The White Wolf IPs are well suited for all kinds of media and we see great potential to expand them in the future.”

"At CCP, we have great admiration for the White Wolf brands and communities, and it was extremely important to us that the acquiring company share the same respect and understanding,” said Hilmar Veigar Pétursson, CEO of CCP Games. “With Paradox, we know we are leaving the brands in good hands."

For more information about White Wolf Publishing, please visit www.whitewolf-publishing.com.

About Paradox Interactive

Since 1999, Paradox Interactive has been a leading global publisher and developer of PC games and is world-renowned for its strategy catalog. Paradox’s steadily-growing portfolio includes established PC strategy franchises such as the critically-acclaimedEuropa Universalis, Crusader Kings, Victoria and the Hearts of Iron series, as well as franchises in other genres such as Magicka and Cities:Skylines. Its online community consists of millions of highly-engaged and active gamers. For more information, please visit www.paradoxplaza.com.

About CCP

CCP is a leading independent game developer and has been praised for its artistry, game design and unique player-driven, infinitely scalable storytelling narratives. CCP is the creator of the critically-acclaimed science-fiction game EVE Online (PC/Mac) as well as DUST 514®, a groundbreaking, free-to-play, massively multiplayer online first-person shooter for the PlayStation®3. The company is currently developing Gunjack™, a virtual reality action game for the Samsung Gear VR mobile platform and EVE: Valkyrie™, a multiplayer virtual reality spaceship dogfighting shooter for PCs and the PlayStation®4. Founded and headquartered in Reykjavik, Iceland, in 1997, CCP is privately held, with additional offices in Atlanta, Newcastle, and Shanghai. For more information, visit www.ccpgames.com.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Nice, so new games from Vampires and Werewolfs, color me interested

Edited by Chilloutman

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

You have something against Transylvania expansion of CK2?

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Nice, so new games from Vampires and Werewolfs, color me interested

Fur and Fangs DLC

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

CCP managed to (IMO) mismanage the WW brand, so I'm kind of happy to see the rights bought by another group.  Lots of questions as to what this will mean for the future (does WWP still have the ability to do P&P?  Are they a developer or a producer with respect to video games?)

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I'm looking forward to whatever Paradox does with it, but I can't help but feel that CDProjekt buying the license would have been a better fit.

It's likely that Obsidian and Paradox will do a team-up for a WoD game given their working relationship.

• Like 1

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive

Twilight turned me off Vampires and Werewolves forever.

You should not watch that crap then :)

• Like 4

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Twilight turned me off Vampires and Werewolves forever.

Cure your loathing with some Lost Boys and Near Dark for vampires. Ginger Snaps and Dog Soldiers for werewolves.

Edited by GhoulishVisage

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive

It feels like CCP acquiring White Wolf was just yesterday. And they never did anything notable with it.

Which I guess explains why they're selling it.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

On the bright side for me, a bit more cash to focus into EVE.

It feels like CCP acquiring White Wolf was just yesterday. And they never did anything notable with it.

Which I guess explains why they're selling it.

Well they failed to make an MMO and managed to make WW stop making P&P games.

Notably bad is still notable, isn't it? :p

• Like 4

Is Ancel still actively working on Beyond Good & Evil 2?

Haven't Larian offered a refund to all Kickstarter backers who backed solely for the Linux version?

I think so.  It doesn't change the fact that they gave us the runaround for a year and a half (and counting) and that they prioritized console versions (a smart decision from a purely business standpoint) over fulfilling their belated Kickstarter duties.

Off topic: I bought Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition  for the PS4 yesterday.  dancing.gif

Edited by Cat Food

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Haven't Larian offered a refund to all Kickstarter backers who backed solely for the Linux version?

I think so.  It doesn't change the fact that they gave us the runaround for a year and a half (and counting) and that they prioritized console versions (a smart decision from a purely business standpoint) over fulfilling their belated Kickstarter duties.

Off topic: I bought Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition  for the PS4 yesterday.  dancing.gif

I may have also done this.

I'm hooked more than I was with Wasteland's start. I think I just prefer Fantasy to Post-Apocalypse.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Thanks for taunting me.  Real classy.  :getlost:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks