RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Blarghagh

I'm very much looking forward to Hard West.  And am super happy to see the TBS games going strong with Wasteland 2: DC, Divinity: OS EE, Hard West, and then XCom 2 coming up.  I just have been loving these games and have been appreciating the devs creating them.  I'm sure by the time XCom 2 releases, I'll probably be settling into the alpha of Divinity 2.  Good time to be a gamer, as always.

• Like 3

I hear InExile are expanding with the aid of the good people of New Orleans, opening a developing college or somesuch, help in the regeneration of the area. Can't vouch for the veracity of the rumour but if true it speaks well of Mr Fargo's commitment to gaming.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I'd suspect there are tax breaks involved, but then I'm pretty cynical.

Well there most likely are, given Louisiana's economy.  But that doesn't necessarily take away from the idea that it will help with the economy of the area.  

So long as the esteemed Mr. Fargo doesn't pull a Curt Schilling, I see this as a good thing.  Given Mr. Fargo's extensive experience in video game developing and publishing, I think he'll do just fine.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I think Mr Fargo has a little more experience than Mr Schilling, however i've no doubt that there are both tax breaks and some degree of taking advantage of lower wages (compared to LA) factored into this venture. Still more high tech skills is no bad thing for any area, especially when those skills are in one of the few growth areas.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

There are no plans for growth if the venture is successful? A pity.

Edit: Good Lord i'm in a Mercurial mood today, I do apologise for the rather heavy handed sarcasm, didn't have my run this morning and I think i'm far too full of beans.

Edited by Nonek

Tea for the teapot!

Edit: Good Lord i'm in a Mercurial mood today, I do apologise for the rather heavy handed sarcasm, didn't have my run this morning and I think i'm far too full of beans.

No worries, I didnt even know you were being sarcastic. Hopefully Inxile will flourish and provide quality gaming for years to come. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Nonek, you should have realized by now that there is no money in making games. The money is in selling other peoples' games. Also 50 people is more than enough to make even AAA games.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

It is always the middle man whom takes the cream, is it not? Reading of the North American Old West recently and this seems to be very much the case, while panhandlers and miners slaved to bring in a few ounces of (undervalued) gold for provisions and survival, the merchants whom sold to them were reaping rich rewards from the inflated prices they could sell goods and gold at.

A fascinating period.

Tea for the teapot!

Brought to my attention by Fallout 2 of all games! Redding I believe, absolutely fascinating. Though of course games can teach one nothing but violence and sexism, ha.

Edited by Nonek

Tea for the teapot!

The practice has been documented as recently as September, 2008. On September 4, 2008, the Mexican Supreme Court of Justice ruled that Wal-Mart de Mexico, the Mexican subsidiary of Wal-Mart, must cease paying its employees in part with vouchers redeemable only at Wal-Mart stores

Heh, there's a surprise.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm involved with this, so it's a bit advertise-y, but there's a Kickstarter of an action movie themed co-op shooter: Killing, My Friend. Its roots are in classic mods like Action Quake 2 and Action Half-Life. Some might remember those old mods or their later derivatives. Even Max Payne took some inspiration from Action, I think. I also remember some Alpha Protocol dev saying that he had worked on AQ2 when I invoked that mod while complaining about planned unlimited ammo or something like that.

Anyways, the link speaks for itself. I have loved Action series for far too long to be very objective about it.

SODOFF Steam group.

I'm involved with this, so it's a bit advertise-y, but there's a Kickstarter of an action movie themed co-op shooter: Killing, My Friend. Its roots are in classic mods like Action Quake 2 and Action Half-Life. Some might remember those old mods or their later derivatives. Even Max Payne took some inspiration from Action, I think. I also remember some Alpha Protocol dev saying that he had worked on AQ2 when I invoked that mod while complaining about planned unlimited ammo or something like that.

Anyways, the link speaks for itself. I have loved Action series for far too long to be very objective about it.

It kind of reminds me of Max Payne, be awesome if it was like Max Payne with the Kung Fu mod.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Wasn't there some kind of John Woo video game already a few years ago? Can't have been very good, because apparently everyone forgot about it.

/Edit: here it is.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

InXile has filed a trademark for Autoduel.

Following the opening of their New Orleans studio, we’ve learned that inXile Entertainment has filed a trademark for Autoduel.

Autoduel was released back in 1985 by developer Origin Systems, and it was known for being a vehicular combat game, with RPG elements. It was received well by critics, although it never got a sequel and is currently unavailable to purchase commercially (although the copyright is still intact).

The new mark could be for a project this new satellite studio is set to task for, although it remains to be seen if this is indicative of anything the company is working on.

Making a new RPG that harkens back to a classic is sort of inXile’s thing now, so it would make sense to see the developer go after revitalizing an older IP for new generations.

Filing a trademark, of course, doesn't guarantee a game will ever get made, or when it will happen.  Also, I admit that I never played Autoduel, so I don't really know if it's an IP worth reviving.  Still, as a fan of Steve Jackson's Car Wars, I'm interested in whatever becomes of this, as it may produce something that at least somewhat approximate the Car Wars experience.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks