What are you playing now?

Blarghagh

Let us know if you feel that way after 20 hours of filler in the first 24 hours.

Barking up the wrong tree dude, I've already beaten the game several times. I bought all the DLC because I wanted to play it again.

Beat it more times than PoE too. There must be something intrinsically wrong with my Elitist RPG-nerd.

Is NBA2K16 out already?

I need to pick that up

Official release is tomorrow. Pre-order gave access from last friday.

Game runs like absolute garbage on my pc... for some reason.

edit: just did some quick checking online and it seems I'm far from the only one with this issue. If you're planning on getting it on PC I'd wait.

Edited by Psychevore
  • Like 2

Nearly at the end of my second Bloodborne playthrough with a strength/arcane build. I think the Logarius and Ebrietas boss fights are my favorite. Always so close...

So after spending over 100 hours with Bloodborne I would say it's Dark Souls > Dark Souls 2 DLC > Bloodborne = Dark Souls 2 Main Game (Haven't played Demon Souls). In the long term it lacks the Souls games depth. Still looking forward to the Expansion, nevertheless.

• Like 1

I finished Crookz - The Big Heist.  It took me a little under 40 hours to finish the campaign and there are the challenge missions left, plus I can replay campaign missions with my fully upgraded team to try to better my scores.  Freakin' fantastic game, I wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone looking for a tactical stealth game.  As I've mentioned before, this is my Pleasant Surprise of the Year.  At first I wanted to say that this is not the type of game that you give a Game of the Year award to, largely because the production values, while not terrible, are far from AAA.  Then I started to think about it.  Why couldn't this be Game of the Year?  Okay, so the graphics, while serviceable, leave something to be desired, the dialogue is mediocre, and the story is not going to win any awards.  Why do I play video games, though?  I play games to enjoy myself, to be entertained, to have fun.  I played this for almost 40 hours (I'll play some more in the future) and pretty much the entire time I enjoyed myself, I was entertained, and I had a lot of fun.  Then I try to think of a game I enjoyed playing more than Crookz that came out this year and I keep drawing a blank.  In the end, for me, everything else takes a back seat to how much fun I had with a game.  If a game had great graphics, great voice acting, a good story, made me think deeply about an issue, those are all nice, but they're all secondary to me compared to how much fun I had.  With that said, Crookz - The Big Heist is my current front-runner for Game of the Year.  Hopefully it gets a sequel.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I have just finished SOMA, and am impressed, it is stylistically a massive departure for the developers and a step forward in my opinion. Though it does not have the tools or options that the Penumbra series offer, it is also not fettered by overdue reverence to their hit Amnesia. I have only one problem with the game and its plot, and I shall spoiler it so as to not diminish enjoyment of the ending.

Catherine should really learn how to Cut and Paste rather than Copy and Paste.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

This is where I miss the days when games came with huge physical copies of game manuals.  I had to look online to figure out how to "equip" my upgraded helicopter because I couldn't seem to see an obvious way how to do it (unlike the weapons, which seem to give you a prompt asking you if you want to upgrade to the "best" version of each weapon you have developed).

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Mordheim now has a first version of its Campaign Mode. So I have started a tiny warband of Sisters of Sigmar.

The first excursion into the city went really well. My matriarch and sister superior pummeled a couple of chaos cultists while another sister and a novice kept the rest of the cult busy. Completly unperturbed by all the fighting, my second novice took a closer look at what she had nearly tripped over and found a wyrdstone cluster. And before we knew it, the cult was routed.

Second mission went less smoothly. The matriarch was bringing up the left flank and walked into a wyrdstone field. She decided to gather a few shards while waiting for the rest of the warband to get into position, but servants ofthe ruinous powers had been heading exactly for that wyrdstone and soon she was surrounded. The other sisters broke through to her, but not before she slumbed unconcious to the ground.

The whole warband just twidled their collective thumbs for five days to wait for her to come to grips with the near death experience. Luckily there were no lasting problems.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

After my MGSV addiction I am now addicted to Open Transport Tycoon. Wasted many hours on it already. It's free and quite fun. Added some mods on top of it now, which makes it even better.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Replaying Starcraft 2 on Hard, I still suck at this game. Probably should be a drone and look up some common plans and builds. Plugging along in Cities Skylines, thankfully you can buy up the whole map once your city hits 65k natively. I suppose I should make my city bike friendly, traffic is flowing well enough - even if it's 24/7 rather than lower traffic at night. Then again maybe it is so bad people are driving 24 hour journeys :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I've been playing The Witcher 3 since May. Played through the whole game, including side quests, four times. Can't wait for the DLC in a couple of weeks.

(As a Dragon Age fan, I can't believe all the people who say there isn't much difference between the quality of DA:I and the Witcher 3. From my perspective it's a world of difference. The Witcher is what DA:I wished it could be when it grows up.)

MGS:V is next on my to - play list.

• Like 1

I've been playing The Witcher 3 since May. Played through the whole game, including side quests, four times. Can't wait for the DLC in a couple of weeks.

(As a Dragon Age fan, I can't believe all the people who say there isn't much difference between the quality of DA:I and the Witcher 3. From my perspective it's a world of difference. The Witcher is what DA:I wished it could be when it grows up.)

Who says that?  The only people who think the two games are even remotely comparable, quality-wise, are Bio fanboys/fangirls who think anything BioWare produces is the best ever.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Who says that? The only people who think the two games are even remotely comparable, quality-wise, are Bio fanboys/fangirls who think anything BioWare produces is the best ever.
They were fanboys. Specify, I saw two different YouTube reviewers come to the same conclusion that both games are almost equal. I love DA:O. For years it was my favorite game so it's not like I don't understand their love for the world, but I thought DA:I was at best pretty good while The Witcher 3 is my new favorite game. Edited by the_dog_days

Been playing Dead State: Reanimated the last few days.  I have trouble with zombie stuff, I end up with all sorts of horrible nightmares.  Last night for some reason my dog howled in his sleep.  It sounded just like the zombie howl.  I might need to stop playing.

But the game is pretty awesome.

• Like 5

I had a zombie nightmare last night as well.

I was trying to drive a Mad Max style modded tank truck into a facility guarded by Satellite Reign style guards. But because some idiot on my team was being an idiot, the zombies inside the compound got alerted before I could blow them all up with the tank truck.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Who says that? The only people who think the two games are even remotely comparable, quality-wise, are Bio fanboys/fangirls who think anything BioWare produces is the best ever.
They were fanboys. Specify, I saw two different YouTube reviewers come to the same conclusion that both games are almost equal. I love DA:O. For years it was my favorite game so it's not like I don't understand their love for the world, but I thought DA:I was at best pretty good while The Witcher 3 is my new favorite game.

Anyone who thinks DAI is on par with the Witcher 3 should forever be ignored, as clearly their opinion is wrong and they're not to be trusted with reviewing games.

• Like 1

Neverwinter (mmo) Tiring of it but ti was playabkle. But, it is certainly a DnD game in name only. L0L

As for Twitcher 3 and DA3.  DA3 was a subpar dissappintment. But, that still makes it better because Twitcher series always sucks.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I keep forgetting to tell Quiet to "cease fire".  Twice now she's been sent to the infirmary because she keeps trying to shoot down a gunship helicopter with her non-lethal sniper rifle.

On that note, she's great to have around when I'm flitting in and out of a camp.  She picks off anyone who even sneezes in my direction before they can raise an alarm.

Steins;Gate. It's keeping me more interested than Dangan Ronpa Another Episode did.

Geeze, I'm like 20 hours into this game and I'm sure there's three chapters to go.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I just arrived at

Omicron

in SOMA, I don't suppose this are might be monstro-free?  Fat chance.  I'm not sure how much game is left, but it feels like I'm past the halfway point, at least.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

My patrols spotted chaos cultists in the merchant district. We had anticipated them passing this way, but the scouts had been unable to pinpoint the exact route. As a result, most sisters were spread out, keeping an eye out.

The cultists were busy gathering wyrdstone, giving the majority of sisters the time to converge in one spot. The matriarch moved to engage the cult leader - to take him out before his crownies could come to his aid, but his dark gods watched over him. His counterattack was brutal, stunning the matriarch. He was quickly surrounded, but managed to hold out until the rest of his band got there. Soon the leaders of both warbands lay unconcious on the cobblestones, with their followers fighting over their prone bodies.

Then my last patrol, that had ambushed a lone scavenger, rushed the enemy archers, just as the cultists' second in command took a two-handed warhammer strike to the skull. The cultsits fled and the sisters collected their wounded and whatever valuable they could find.

Now my matriarch is recuperating once more. But the surgeon says the cut was too close to the eye, and that she'll never see quite as well again. On the bright side, one sister managed to find a high quality mace within the ruins. And the sisterhood seems to have recognized our zeal and allowed a purifier to join the warband.

I recently picked up an old save about 1/5 the way through The Last of Us on the PS4.  Damn, that game is good.  Naughty Dog certainly knows pacing in a game.  Between this and the Uncharted series, I've really enjoyed my time with them.  I believe I pushed through about 2/3 of the way through TLOU and am soaking up each minute.  After that, I have Left Behind to keep me happy.  Going to try and finish it up before the Witcher DLC comes out.

After buying myself a (new) 3DS XL all the way back in February, I finally played a game on it for the first time yesterday, and the game was Fire Emblem Awakening, mainly because my sister just started playing it too so I figured it'd be interesting to compare notes.

Not knowing much about it other than it being I think praised by consensus as the pick of the JRPGs on the 3DS, it makes sense that I play the game genre the 3DS is best known for, I suppose. Bear in mind the last JRPG I played was probably Final Fantasy 7 back in the 90s, so I'm going into it mostly blind.

Up to "chapter" (i.e. mission) five at the moment and first impressions are that it's a reasonably good game, but not a good RPG: it's about as much of an RPG as Jagged Alliance or Heroes of Might and Magic. But hey, those are good games to aspire too, so I'll go on.

Also played a bit of CK2 after getting the Charlemagne, Way of Life and Horse Lords DLCs. But it's still pretty much the same game even with those additions, and I don't see myself going on for long, they affect the core gameplay less than I'd hoped.

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I recently picked up an old save about 1/5 the way through The Last of Us on the PS4.  Damn, that game is good.  Naughty Dog certainly knows pacing in a game.  Between this and the Uncharted series, I've really enjoyed my time with them.  I believe I pushed through about 2/3 of the way through TLOU and am soaking up each minute.  After that, I have Left Behind to keep me happy.  Going to try and finish it up before the Witcher DLC comes out.

That game alone convinced me to pick up a PS4.  Such a good game, great voice acting, and a deep story.  Even the combat was pretty damn good, considering it wasn't really supposed to be its focal feature.

• Like 1

This time I got ambushed.

So far, being the ambushed is far better than being the ambushee or ambusher or ambushinator or whatever way you want to call him or her who does the ambushing. Your warband is all in one spot while the enemy comes from three directions. It means you can overwhelm one flank before the other flank can join the fight. At least versus the AI. I am certain that with a human opponent things would be trickier.

Or would ambushee be the ambushed. Similar to employer / employee ?

Edited by melkathi