Movies you've seen recently

Rosbjerg

Just saw Horns. Totally forgot this movie existed. Pretty good one, I think. At least one of the few movies I've seen lately that didn't made me want to stop after seeing the first half.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Just saw Horns. Totally forgot this movie existed. Pretty good one, I think. At least one of the few movies I've seen lately that didn't made me want to stop after seeing the first half.

The ending was weird though, I had to look it up to see if they had diverted from the book, because it just felt so out of place. Turns out the did of course.

Don't know why screenplay writers have a tendency to do that, it often destroys the flow of the narrative because they will reinterpret a central theme at the end, instead of building it up.

Fortune favors the bald.

X-Men Apocalypse Trailer:

that was mildly terrible.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I kept judging Apocalypse's voice against the one from the 90s cartoon. Did not come out well.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Just saw Joan of Arc, (year 2000 with Milla Jovovich). Actually pretty good, what surprised me the most about this film were the excellent costumes, armors and combat scenes. Felt really good. Also they managed to make her visions and her ''Jesus'' pretty unsettling on many levels.  

Oh, and Milla was sooooooo damn hot in it.  :w00t:

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Well to go with that, there's also the http://www.warof1996.com/ website. Part of a linked "viral" marketing campaign, providing history of the last "20 years" from an in-universe perspective, including how Colonel Hiller (Will Smith) died... 

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Well, teased me to not bother with it - though all the newer ones have done that pretty well. Shame they didn't use Intergalactic, though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well, teased me to not bother with it - though all the newer ones have done that pretty well. Shame they didn't use Intergalactic, though.

I dunno, its a teaser; I'll reserve judgement for the proper trailer.

That said, I did laugh at the McCoy and Spock surrounded bit.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man