E3 2015 AND YOU!

Bryy

Well it's their first attempt at a show. Can't be easy to do.

I'm sure in years to come it'll be bigger, flashy, full of crazy reveals, maybe some Monster Energy girls. Someone of color.  

For now I'm looking forward to six-inch video cards and The White March. 

All Stop. On Screen.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm wiped, spent, glazed over like a fixed junkie. Tens of hours of video. I'm seriously considering a 1TB Xbox One, is how drunk I am on backwards compatibility. 

Forward compatibility is kinda irritating, though, how do I permanently remove this 'Get Windows 10' desktop taskbar icon ... 

All Stop. On Screen.

Forward compatibility is kinda irritating, though, how do I permanently remove this 'Get Windows 10' desktop taskbar icon ... 

Well, if you find out, let me know...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

http://www.reddit.com/r/LifeProTips/comments/396irq/lpt_how_to_remove_get_windows_10_icon_permanently/

Read the comments!

• Like 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Go -> Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Notification Area Icons and select Hide icon and Notifications for GWX

You can get that control panel address by clicking up arrow (Show hidden icons) in notification area and then clicking "Customise..." link.

If you actually want to delete the icon file then you need edit \Windows\system32\imageres.dll file, I think that icon can be found from there.

• Like 1

So, now that E3 is over and we've had a few days to get over the initial hype and the seemingly endless stream of marketing buzz words, what games from E3 are folks looking forward to the most (I'm talking both games we knew about previously to E3 and games newly announced at E3) ?

My most anticipated games from E3, in no particular order:

Super Mario Maker - Far more robust tools than I had originally expected.

XCOM 2 - It's more XCOM with expanded abilities, I already liked XCOM.  Still bummed you can't stand, crouch, or go prone anywhere, though.

Shadow Warrior 2 - I love Shadow Warrior and this looks much better.  My only concern is how it will play in SP with it being designed for co-op.

Just Cause 3 - I expect ridiculous mayhem.  I like ridiculous mayhem.

Deus Ex Mankind Divided - The fact that it was revealed that it would be possible to completely ghost the game from start to finish gave me wood.

Genei Ibun Roku ♯FE - This game looks insanely Japanese, insanely wonderfully Japanese.  The battles taking place on a stage with a cheering crowd watching on is a cherry on top.  The combo mover are hilarious too.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I would say

Total-War-hammer: It is full Total War scale waring with Warhammer units, it is interesting until it's revealed to be buggy mess that miss most of shown features

Xcom 2: I like their first Xcom game and with this they promise to fix many of the things that I found that could had been done better

Blood Bowl 2: I liked their first game and with this the promise to fix UI issues and other issues that I had with their previous tittles, but maybe I wait buying it until they release version that has all the teams.

Consoles didn't show any games that would make want to buy even one of the "new" machines.

Virtual reality gaming don't feel that exiting when you can't experience it yourself.

If they bring virtual Warhammer for Hololens I am in.

There was some games from big publishers that peaked my interest but their showing still left me skeptical (new Assassin Creed, new Deus Ex, Fallout 4 and Dishonored 2)

For me...

XCOM 2

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

The Division

Total War: Warhammer

Cautiously watching Hitman

Interest piqued by Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, but because it stands a real chance of really 'effing up, handling it with a pair of tongs like it was a uranium rod.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Games I'm looking forward to:

Dark Souls 3

Pillars of Eternity - The White March

The Banner Saga 2

Dishonored 2

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

XCom 2

Eitr

Biggest disappointment: No Bloodborn PC announcement.

For me:

Deus Ex: MD

Xcom 2

Dishonored 2

in no particular order.

Also I will take a look at the new Mass Effect. (truth be told I didn't mind the ending of me3, but it did kill any replayability of it for me)

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

For me:

1. Total Warhammer

2. XCOM after mandatory DLCs (not going to burrn again like with first one)

3. Kingdom Come: Deliverance

4. Deus Ex (if it will be more stealth then they showed)

5. Shadow Warrior 2

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

For me :

After E3 and the noticeable presence of all these female developers I am interested in if we will see certain changes in some games and what these changes will entail  :geek:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Wait, what, XCOM mandatory DLC? Everyone I know plays with DLC disabled, unless by DLC you mean the Guile flat-top hair option.

As for the pick of E3, I can't remember what was covered, but after perusing a handy list:

Tier 1 aka I'd totally have preordered them if I ever preordered things:

• XCOM 2 - I bent my GOTY rules to give the previous game the award twice, so it goes without saying really.
  • Deus Ex: Something Somethinged - Sounds like more of the bits I loved, and less of the bits I hated (which was unfortunately the game's core missions)

Tier 2 aka Something would have to go disastrously wrong for me to not go for it not long after release:

• Dishonored 2 - Emily should have a personality, unlike Corvo, so the game's biggest issue is already instantly solved, right?

Tier 3 aka I'm sure I'll get around to them eventually; or, Somewhat misleading heading because technically I already have ownership of two of them:

• Fallout 4 - Let the modders have early access to the current builds already, so we can get mods on day one, thanks.
  • Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition - I'm not sure enough's changed for a second playthrough, but will get started at least.
  • Pillars of Eternity: White March - I want less dungeoneering, not more, so kind of cold on this. Er, no pun intended.
  • Yoshi's Woolly World - Dammit I just want that woolly amiibo to be honest.

Tier 4 aka I might get bored sometime and look for something to do:

• Fire Emblem Fates - I haven't played a JRPG in years but was told if I were to start I should start with the previous game, but if I delay any longer I'll be forced to start with this.
  • Just Cause 3 - I heard the previous game was some chaotic pointless fun? And that maybe it'll ship with multiplayer this time instead of modders tacking the feature on?
  • Mass Effect 4 - I'd take stale and rehashed any day over offensive stupidity like the previous instalment.
  • Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam - I heard some people say the Paper Mario games are actually good games. Maybe it's time to stop ignoring them?
  • Mirror's Edge - Not sure they're making the right noises about the direction this reboot is going, but still some latent interest in the concept.
  • Rock Band 4 - Would require me to buy an Xbone, eh.
  • South Park: Fractured But Whole - No idea what to expect, honestly.
  • Super Mario Maker - My 10-year old self's dream product. Unfortunately that was over two decades ago.

Tier 5 aka Actually E3 killed my interest in this game:

• No Man's Sky - I've heard people people hyping this to the, erm, sky. But then I saw the trailer and struggled to what the hell was the point of this game.
Edited by Humanoid
  • Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Mildly curious about Dishonored 2.

Not sure about Mass Effect.

Hated the X-Com game, so no interest there.

Pillars of Eternity - The White March, oh yes original.gif

Total Wars series were never my thing (my inherent dislike of RTS strikes again, regardless of the Warhammer name)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Pillars of Eternity expansion

NieR "2"

Dark Souls 3

FFVII remake ( but after reading some articles that they are planning to change the gameplay, I am not so sure about that anymore :-/ )

Shadow Warrior 2

EDIT: Forgot about Doom. Though I bet, that it will be bethesda.net exclusive, so I'll pass on it unless it will be another DRM free DD platform, which is unlikely.

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours