E3 2015 AND YOU!

Bryy

I'm excited to watch youtube videos of select trailers a few hours after they were shown during presentations.  I predict a bevy of marketing buzzwords and people awkwardly standing up on stage and "playing" short demos of games.  I predict at least one really misguided "hip and trendy" Ubisoft presentation met with halfhearted applause.  I predict Fallout 4 being announced and me being disappointed when it's revealed that Bethesda themselves are developing it.  I predict Nintendo making me sad for the umpteenth straight year with a lack of a new Metroid or F-Zero.  I'd love to see M&M XI get announced, as I really liked M&M X, but that might be optimistic as Limbic is finishing HOMM VII right now. 

Hopefully something really exciting comes out of left field.

• Like 6

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Third year of The Division at E3?

Hoping to see stuff on Torment and Deus Ex: MD.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Well, Keyrock pretty summed up my predictions pretty accurately. Maybe to add to this prediction, that we see for sure many many "in-game gampelay" footages.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Unfortunately I think it likely the most we'll get from Torment is a half-page in PCGamer issue of July. Seemed like that was the kind of media attention PoE got at E3 last year. Though one can dream InXile will do a Quick Look EX for Giant Bomb like Obsidian did for PoE.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

I wish! Will watch it digitally. Live if I can.

Philosophy/Innovation/Culture/Crowdfunding/Industry/Digital Distrubition etc:
Obsidian at E3? I mean, I hope they would have lots of great things to say and teach, from this Kickstarter experience. E3 Panels. And other Kickstarter entrepreneurs as well. It is a technological and electronical and relevant discussion to E3, about digital distrubition, industry, entertainment, and a lot of what E3 is about. Innovation.

That'd be pretty cool to see, some of the Kickstarter successes at E3 :D (would bump viewership quite a lot as well, I think, from the PC Community)

I wonder if any interviewer will ask about "paid mods" though, because I think a lot of developers can answer this question better than some internet intellectual debatteur, who don't want to pay for hard work. Though, depends on what's on E3 journo's agenda, drama, or technology.

Software:
I want to see Kingdom Hearts 3 (but I don't think there'll be more in a while, no Disney at E3), and more on Final Fantasy XV. That's pretty much it. Fallout 4 might be interesting (maybe). DirectX 12 will be jaw-dropping. Oh, and Artificial/Augmented Reality software would be pretty cool. Blizzard is supposedly going to be at E3 as well, that's pretty exciting as well :D

Hardware:
I want to see HoloLens (Business Insider: Google Glass interview) and Intel RealSense as well! (Artificial Reality) Will probably see more with the Occulus Rift (w/ maybe potential Virtual/Digital Reality debate/panel?). Maybe even Emotiv is there, which I think gaming and computer programmers should take a long look at, because I think they also realize which lengths we could go to if more time and resources is invested into that technology.

Edited by Osvir
  • Like 1

Anyone going to E3? Or, more importantly, is anyone going to the PC Presser?

What are you most excited for?

What do you predict?

No. Nothing. Ridiculous presentations.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Anyone going to E3? Or, more importantly, is anyone going to the PC Presser?

What are you most excited for?

What do you predict?

No

Mass Effect 4 - but I'll probably end up being disappointed

Insane hype

As long as there are hot boothbabes, then everything is forgiven.

I do not expect any Fallout announcement.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I expect the new Mass Effect to be announced as a full on third-person shooter, with much more autodialogue than the last installment.

I also expect that the story will somehow completely screw up whatever lore the previous 3 games established.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Fast gameplay or bust.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I hope to finally see something about Cyberpunk 2077, now that Witcher 3 is out.  I'm expecting to be disappointed when they stay quiet on it.

I'm going to need better directions than "the secret lair."

-==(UDIC)==-

I can only pray and hope they drop Cyberpunk 2077 and an actual cRPG developer who respects and understands the Cyberpunk 2077 setting and cRPG mechanics could develop such a game. Another crappy ACTION RPG slapped with the Cyberpunk setting by CDPROJECT is not something I want to see. 

Fast gameplay or bust.

I hear you. I doubt they'll be able to make it as fast as the originals though (someone calculated that Doomguy could run @ ~60mph), but they have supposedly been taking cues from Brutal Doom so maybe we'll get something substantially faster than Doom 3 or your average MMS at least.

edit: nevermind, it's going to be released on consoles too, so it'll be constrained by controller limitations. Forget about Quake-level speed.

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.