E3 2015 AND YOU!

Bryy

I can only pray and hope they drop Cyberpunk 2077 and an actual cRPG developer who respects and understands the Cyberpunk 2077 setting and cRPG mechanics could develop such a game. Another crappy ACTION RPG slapped with the Cyberpunk setting by CDPROJECT is not something I want to see. 

Just read a headline saying that CD Projekt Red won't reveal anything until 2017 :(

I can only pray and hope they drop Cyberpunk 2077 and an actual cRPG developer who respects and understands the Cyberpunk 2077 setting and cRPG mechanics could develop such a game. Another crappy ACTION RPG slapped with the Cyberpunk setting by CDPROJECT is not something I want to see. 

Dude, your standards must be goddamn astronomical.

Dude, your standards must be goddamn astronomical.

Not really. Obsidian understand and play PnP games and translate those mechanics very well into video games. I'd much rather they would be developing Cyberpunk.

• Like 1

Fair enough that the fans of the PnP setting want something close to what their experience with the product is. Someone like me, on the other hand, who has never even heard of the setting, just want CDPR to make a new game, because they make good games and we want more of them. The ideal outcome is that the licence isn't exclusive and we can both have our cake.

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Fair enough that the fans of the PnP setting want something close to what their experience with the product is. Someone like me, on the other hand, who has never even heard of the setting, just want CDPR to make a new game, because they make good games and we want more of them. The ideal outcome is that the licence isn't exclusive and we can both have our cake.

So Basically what you are saying is, if it is The Witcher WITH GUNZ! That is all you want?

Y'know to be honest ....I would.

But the point is whether or not I do shouldn't matter because I don't think one product's existence is necessarily linked to the absence of another. There were two XCOM games from different studios. Two Shadowrun games too. Cancelling the CDPR game wouldn't lead to the creation of a new 'traditionalist' Cyberpunk game, so I don't see a reason for it not to be made.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

So Basically what you are saying is, if it is The Witcher WITH GUNZ! That is all you want?

I know you must think capitalizing With Guns and making the S a Z makes you look more cultured than people that like things you don't, but it just makes you look like a pedantic jerk.

Y'know to be honest ....I would.

But the point is whether or not I do shouldn't matter because I don't think one product's existence is necessarily linked to the absence of another. There were two XCOM games from different studios. Two Shadowrun games too. Cancelling the CDPR game wouldn't lead to the creation of a new 'traditionalist' Cyberpunk game, so I don't see a reason for it not to be made.

cought..Fallout..cought

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Fast gameplay or bust.

I hear you. I doubt they'll be able to make it as fast as the originals though (someone calculated that Doomguy could run @ ~60mph), but they have supposedly been taking cues from Brutal Doom so maybe we'll get something substantially faster than Doom 3 or your average MMS at least.

edit: nevermind, it's going to be released on consoles too, so it'll be constrained by controller limitations. Forget about Quake-level speed.

• Like 2

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I know you must think capitalizing With Guns and making the S a Z makes you look more cultured than people that like things you don't, but it just makes you look like a pedantic jerk.

I think you might have me confused with someone who actually cares what you think.

• Like 2

I would like a Cyberpunk game with PnP mechanics. It would remind me of the days spent smoking swag and playing Cyberpunk in an apartment with no AC in the middle of Texas summer.

Edited by KaineParker
  • Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

That's about as simplistic and saying that all you want is Fallout 1 in a Cyberpunk setting.

Not every single RPG made has to be a clone of FO/PST in order to be good. ;)

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I wouldn't mind seeing a carbon copy of DX:HR with a Cyberpunk setting slapped on top.

I am mostly excited about new Xcom. Hope to see lots of trailers and gameplay for it.

New XCOM? from who?

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

The involvement of Mr Pondsmith is a large incentive to me, that and CDPR have demonstrated a considerable respect for the literary roots of the games they have developed, however I think you're correct in being cautious. A self made character from one of the radically different classes, the virtual world that characters can jack in to, a setting that is radically different from anything they've done before, and the bringing of Night City to life along with its history and complexity, these are daunting tasks. I'm not certain any developer would be up to this task, and i've got to admit i'm sceptical myself.

Edit: It's funny but when phrased like that I can actually imagine the developers of Saint's Row maybe stepping up to the plate, though their cities are too dull and lifeless to represent the vibrant pace of life in a Cyberpunk setting, and their gameplay model a little too dull and routine.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I am mostly excited about new Xcom. Hope to see lots of trailers and gameplay for it.

New XCOM? from who?

Same people that made the last one. Word is that around 1st of June we will find out all the details. Edited by archangel979

New XCOM? from who?

Same people that made the last one. Word is that around 1st of June we will find out all the details.

Oh crap, again toy graphics, boring base management and DLCs 'sad panda'

I would like a Cyberpunk game with PnP mechanics. It would remind me of the days spent smoking swag and playing Cyberpunk in an apartment with no AC in the middle of Texas summer.

I don't see the point of licensing a PNP game if you aren't going to use the ruleset like doing a D&D game and not using the rules. Forgotten Realms being different as its not just a campaign setting but a shared narrative universe as well.

• Like 2
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I don't see the point of licensing a PNP game if you aren't going to use the ruleset like doing a D&D game and not using the rules. Forgotten Realms being different as its not just a campaign setting but a shared narrative universe as well.

They didn't licensed PNP game but instead they create new version of Cyperpunk that sets in different period of time than PNP games. One thing that worries me most with this game is their talks how it will be multiplayer game.

Anyway I wouldn't wait traditional PNP style game, but more modern cinematic MMO style action rpg.

• 2 weeks later...

Fallout and Tomb Raider are carved in stone on my stone tablet of games I need right now. 

In an hour, I expect to chisel Star Wars Battlefront and Mirror's Edge. Even if they tease Mass Effect, I'll be teased and maybe intrigued, but not in need. 

All Stop. On Screen.

So far the only game worth mentioning is the new Doom, awaiting for more info about Battlefront, but so far it's been meh... and obviously the XCOM2 is a must buy, but I am not sure if it will be presented on twitch.

FO4 is a major let down... aside of the build your own base feature every other piece of news has been pasted in brown smelly mass... I was hoping for improvements into FO:NV formula and instead we get even more streamlined post apocalyptic shooter.

any other game shown so far I am not interested at all.... even with the TESO account, seeing their neglect to PvP is made me put that away some months ago.

The XBOX conference revealed Dark Souls 3, which hopefully will be ported at some point to PC.

waiting for more info...

So, Bioware Montreal did the thing I said they should do. A new galaxy.

I guess I have to give them some benefit of the doubt. I'm obligated by the rules of the internet.

While we await the of-course E3 reveal of the Pillars Expansion at the E3 PC presser, what are everyone's favorites so far?

Phantom Pain, I had to turn the fan up, it was giving me the vapors.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."