E3 2015 AND YOU!

Bryy

While we await the of-course E3 reveal of the Pillars Expansion at the E3 PC presser, what are everyone's favorites so far?

Doom, I guess, so far for me, by default.  Honestly, nothing has given me even a medium chub so far.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

So, Bioware Montreal did the thing I said they should do. A new galaxy.

I guess I have to give them some benefit of the doubt. I'm obligated by the rules of the internet.

any more details on that?

I was thinking about some experiment with gates going wrong and sending an exploration vessel into another galaxy.... so what is the premise? anyone?

I guess I have to give them some benefit of the doubt. I'm obligated by the rules of the internet.

any more details on that?

I was thinking about some experiment with gates going wrong and sending an exploration vessel into another galaxy.... so what is the premise? anyone?

http://blog.bioware.com/2015/06/15/introducing-mass-effect-andromeda/

No real details beyond the fact that the player will be exploring Andromeda. I'm hoping for the "lost in another galaxy" angle (per my Farscape obsession), but it could easily be more of a New World type where everyone's setting up claims.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

South Park RPG announced.

I can find no reference to Obsidian being involved though. Maybe the actual announcement said who the developer was, but the website and trailer don't.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

While we await the of-course E3 reveal of the Pillars Expansion at the E3 PC presser, what are everyone's favorites so far?

Phantom Pain, I had to turn the fan up, it was giving me the vapors.

That thing sticking out of Snake's head is distracting, though.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Ubi something something San Francisco something is developing South Park. 

Aisha Tyler, I love her, how can she be older than I am and look that good. 

*Ubisoft San Francisco, no something something

Edited by ManifestedISO
  • Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

I'm not sure how I feel about that Mass Effect trailer.  Apparently it takes place a long time after the events of the original trilogy, but that makes me worried that means they'll choose their canon ending that likely goes against everything I chose in my game.

I'm also worried they'll just clone Shepard for the PC.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm not sure how I feel about that Mass Effect trailer.  Apparently it takes place a long time after the events of the original trilogy, but that makes me worried that means they'll choose their canon ending that likely goes against everything I chose in my game.

No Shepard's story is done and done... it will take place well in the future, but there might be references to our commander. It is perfect chance for a new opening with new stories and protagonists.

Pains me to hear Ubisoft tout Rainbow Six.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Pains me to hear Ubisoft tout Rainbow Six.

I hope the gameplay will be good. It probably wont enter competition against CS:GO yet, but in some future, who knows. we might have another competitive shooter if its gameplay, maps and balance will be nice

I guess, just hate the series becoming high paced and action oriented and don't really feel it should aim to be a CS;GO competitor. But I suppose at this point the milk has evaporated, heh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

No Shepard's story is done and done... it will take place well in the future, but there might be references to our commander. It is perfect chance for a new opening with new stories and protagonists.

The bolded is what worries me.  What exactly will those references be about?  I absolutely hated the Synthesis ending, but what if Bio decides that's the "canon" ending to explain how events in this new game begin?  Or to explain how we end up in this new galaxy?

I'm just worried about them muddying up already cloudy water.

And I'm still worried they'll bring back Shepard.  They've stated the Shepard's story is done, but they could always be smart asses about it by making it Shepard's clone or Shepard's grand kids.  Technically they wouldn't have lied.

Well I would be surprised that the one who saved from Reapers threat would not be mentioned anywhere. We -MIGHT- get something that will tell us to select what ending it was and what kind of commander we ran, but that's it... the game is purposely set in the future so it can be a blank state and they can fit whatever background there was and undo it with a few lines of flavor text into the same clean slate in the new galaxy...

Remember how our choices from ME were meaningless when it came to ME3? (aside of which companion died).. there was always same councilor, there was always that bug mission, etc.

Edited by Darkpriest

I guess, just hate the series becoming high paced and action oriented and don't really feel it should aim to be a CS;GO competitor. But I suppose at this point the milk has evaporated, heh.

There is still Arma if you want slower paced and more methodical military shooter... Haven't ever tried America's Army, but I would expect to be fairly similar to Arma. It's true that the genre now will be missing a squad command game that Rainbow Six was filling nicely...

• Like 1

We -MIGHT- get something that will tell us to select what ending it was and what kind of commander we ran, but that's it... the game is purposely set in the future so it can be a blank state and they can fit whatever background there was and undo it with a few lines of flavor text into the same clean slate in the new galaxy....

I fully expect something similar to Dragon Age Keep. (and other similarities in the game)

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."