E3 2015 AND YOU!

Bryy

Well

No1. XCOM 2

No2. Doom

No3. PoE exp

No4. Shadow Warrior 2

No5. SW Battlefront - if it will get some good players reviews

Not touching FO4 and ME4 until they are at -75% discounts in GOTY editions with all DLCs... the RPG part will be most likely **** and the shooting part will be worse than dedicated shooters

Edited by Darkpriest

Pillars of Eternity: White March - I want less dungeoneering, not more, so kind of cold on this. Er, no pun intended.

People keep saying this, but what they've shown of the expansion was very specifically *not* dungeon crawling and they're adding new companions. I guess the trailer convinced everyone it's just a new dungeon?

DX:MD is about the one thing I will definitely look out and buy on release, Dishonored 2, XCOM 2 I will wait for a sale on - am interested in them but nothing too hot.

Hitman may not suck, so will wait on that.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

• No Man's Sky - I've heard people people hyping this to the, erm, sky. But then I saw the trailer and struggled to what the hell was the point of this game.

Yeah, I have a bad feeling this game is going to be a major disappointment.  I really hope I'm wrong.  From the moment this game was first revealed (two years ago?) to them showing it now, my response to it has gone from "Whoa, heck yes!" to rather tepid.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Walking on planets simulator, no ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Pillars of Eternity: White March - I want less dungeoneering, not more, so kind of cold on this. Er, no pun intended.

People keep saying this, but what they've shown of the expansion was very specifically *not* dungeon crawling and they're adding new companions. I guess the trailer convinced everyone it's just a new dungeon?

To be honest all I know about it is what was posted earlier in this thread, I haven't looked up any further information partly because my own PoE playthrough is on hold for Witcher.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

It seems the biggest disappointment of E3 was Star Wars: Battlefront.  Literally every single person that played the demo and commented on it that I've seen said they were underwhelmed.  The consensus seems to be that the ground combat is solid but unremarkable while all the vehicle stuff is flat out awful.  Hopefully they get it straightened out before release.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm not sure I saw a single thing I was even moderately interested in. I'm not very in tune with the current gaming industry, I guess. Things I have a passing interest in but am not really expecting to like or really care about in time:

1. Dark Souls 3, because though I rather liked 1, I thought 2 was absolutely awful and it was virtually unplayable even after many, many hours of trying to like it.

2. Mirror's Edge Catalyst: I just have zero faith in EA-anything these days. This is probably the game that I have the best shot at actually liking, though.

3. The Pillars of Eternity expansion: I sunk 60 hours into trying to like PoE, but I just couldn't: am hoping that an expansion makes it...not so bad, but I'm not expecting much if J.E. Sawyer and his design philosophy remain at the helm...and the loss of MCA, one of my favorite writers, doesn't help any, either.

Nothing else. Like I said, not feeling much for the current gaming industry.

(e): I lied: I also have a passing interest in the new Hitman, but again, I'm not really expecting much. Maybe this is all just my annual crippling summer depression talking, though. I'm officially ready for winter! :)

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Yeah. :(

I wasn't impressed by the videos. The Hoth map looked very linear. The other vid was a bleeding horde mode.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

What I'm looking forward to (in no particular order):

-new Mass Effect

-new Deus Ex

-PoE expansion

-Fallout 4

-Rise of the Tomb Raider

-Metal Gear 5

-Dishonored 2

I seem to be an easy person to please.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm still interested in how The Division turns out, guess I'm one of the few... and that new Ghost Recon game looks like it would be right up your alley, guys, but again, you completely ignore it. hmmm, maybe I'm getting too old for this games stuff.

Fallout 4 looks interesting, especially if I can just ignore the main story line and just go exploring right from the start.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I think Total Warhammer looks and sounds great, and if I was into RTS I'd probably be creaming my pants for it, but I don't do RTS, so no interest.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I'm still interested in how The Division turns out, guess I'm one of the few... and that new Ghost Recon game looks like it would be right up your alley, guys, but again, you completely ignore it. hmmm, maybe I'm getting too old for this games stuff.

Fallout 4 looks interesting, especially if I can just ignore the main story line and just go exploring right from the start.

I am sort of interested in those, but there's the fact that it's Ubisoft. Still, the new GR game may be fun, even if the MP will be some tiresome bull****.

The only thing I'm interested in from Ubisoft is a new Prince of Persia game and when I say game I mean a real game, not mobile/platformer. I'm still holding on to hope that they will revisit it some day, or at least do a remake of it...

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

I think Total Warhammer looks and sounds great, and if I was into RTS I'd probably be creaming my pants for it, but I don't do RTS, so no interest.

Playing Europa Universalis 4 ruined the Total War series for forever for me. The RTS bits - which are completely optional: the turn-based strategic map part is really the main focus of the game - are literally the only attraction left for the Total War games for me (as EU4 does not bother with it)...and Rome II: Total War demonstrated that Creative Assembly (the dev) still isn't able to handle even that competently even after over a decade of trying to get it right, so forget about it. And the overall strategic map part, while having a few points of interest, is so painfully inferior in general to EU4's, that I just can't go back to it. *shrug* I'm saying this even though I hate the Renaissance (EU4) and love the Medieval and Antiquity (Medieval/Rome) time periods - probably something to do with Antiquity marking the beginning of the Roman Age (really roughly - Antiquity really actually goes a bit further back, especially when considering the Roman's Republic relative power throughout the first half of it) and the Renaissance marking the end of it. :p

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I AM creaming my pants :lol:

However, i know their games are horrific at launch and it usually takes several patches to even consider buying them. So no, **** that. On the other hand however, there is:

Battlefleet Gothic - Armada  !!!

Which somehow get´s no coverage, despite looking very good. So there is still hope for a good rts game in the W40k universe at last. (yes yes i know DoW exists..3 needs to happen..)

Edit: shot interview about Armada

Edited by cirdanx
  • Like 1

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."