What are you playing now?

Blarghagh

I'll buy it on Steam sale so that Deck13 can one day make Blood Knights 2 Jack Keane 3 Venetica 2.

Yes, please!

Venetica-006.jpg

The first was a game that garnered mostly mediocre scores, and I don't disagree with those reviews, because I recognize all the faults pointed out in said reviews, yet that didn't stop me from thoroughly enjoying myself throughout.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Just beat the third Dark Souls 2 DLC. Have to say the DLCs are kind of annoying when it comes to coop play. They seem to be more crafted towards multiple players doing it, but as I was unable to summon human players most of the time, I had to rely on the bots, and they just suck at everything.

Now I dunno. Probably going to toy around with some of the left over optional bosses, and then I'll look into NewGame+.

I am lvl 192 right now, and my savegame says 87 hours. Holy fu. Guess it is time to start doing something else again... but then again, NewGame+ ....

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Finished Costume Quest.  I couldn't help myself and fired up some Bayonetta 2.  I intended to play it for about half and hour then move on to Costume Quest 2.  3 1/2 hours later...  The game is so good, it's everything I want out of the sequel.  It's fundamentally the same game, just better in almost every way.  The action is slightly faster, there is more weapon variety, the areas are larger and more open, there are more hidden areas and items, more combos, and the game is significantly better looking.  Good times.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Getting ready for COD Advanced Warfare, already preloaded on the Xbone. Lol I know I sound lame

I'm so tempted to buy it, but at the same time I don't know how long I'll actually play it.  Especially because no one I know plays it on the PS4.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Fallout Tactics. My first Fallout game ever. Enjoying it very much. Playing on hard difficulty.

Oh no, and then it is even the weakest Fallout game. Well, if you rule out Fo3 that is.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

EVOLVE

I found it to be extremely fun, specially with friends. I can easily see the game having some longevity if the devs add some new maps, new modes and new characters later on. Also, wrecking a 4 player team as a monster gives some harmless sadistic satisfaction, you're not actually griefing them but it kinda feels like you are.

Haha, yeah, you're not really supposed to play in between patches with (major) territory changes...lol

What do you think of the new/revised mechanics?

So far liking them. I had just barely got used to the trade mechanics when they went and added like 20 new trade nodes though. I really want all the stuff Art of War unlocks, especially client states, but I can't afford it. I haven't even got Res Publica yet. Wealth of Nations I got last week because it was on GMG for 2.50 and I had credit. Sadly though, all the new provinces and tags have made the game grind to a halt. On max speed I go through a day about every 2-3 seconds, so its nearly unplayable.

I had a mod all lined up to play where the Byzantines abandon Constantinople and flee to the new world, but its not compatible with the new patch and the author just announced he's not continuing development.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Fallout Tactics. My first Fallout game ever. Enjoying it very much. Playing on hard difficulty.

Oh no, and then it is even the weakest Fallout game. Well, if you rule out Fo3 that is.

It's funner simply walking around in FO3 than trying to play FO1. You can't even walk without mouse clicking in that game. Wtf?

Herve Caen is pleased you liked FOBOS more than FOT and FO3.

Well, this game you apparently speak about, as far as I know it doesn't even exist.

I purchased FO1, FO2 and FOT as a "set" on Steam, but Tactics seems to best replicate that squad-based feel that WL2 has, which is what I was looking for. So far I'm enjoying it, but after completing a mission I pretty much have to stop playing and do something else for a while. Each one feels a little bit like delivering a baby (okay, not that I'd actually know, being male and all). It's rewarding, but I have to work up to the next one. I'll likely try the other titles at some point in the future.

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

Gray Matter, still. Adventure game protagonists can be quite sociopathic in the way they use people.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I started playing Costume Quest 2.  Same charming game as the first one, but they did change combat mechanics a little bit, and for the better, in my opinion.  On the down side, I'm finding the enemies to be more unimaginative than in the first game, though I'm early in the game, so hopefully that changes later on.  The ability to always roller skate around, regardless of costume, is a welcome one, it makes getting around the areas much quicker.  I'm not digging the drink from water fountains to recover health mechanic, though.  I'm generally against regenerating health or insta-recovery after battle, but having to go back to water fountains to recover health adds nothing in the way of strategy and simply makes the game more tedious.

I'm also up to chapter 4 in Bayonetta 2.  I'm really liking the Rakshasa blades and swapped out my guns for the blades in my first weapon set.  I'm thinking of buying another set to strap onto my feet (you get 1 set free when you unlock them).  That will likely look pretty goofy and it will leave me without a ranged weapon, but my melee flurries will be ridiculous.  I have to admit that I quite like the themed outfit you can buy to go with the blades, it makes Bayonetta look like a belly dancer.  Yes, I'm a horrible person for liking sexy outfits and boobies, feel free to look upon me with scorn and shame.  I went through my first legit boss fight in the game in chapter 3.  I got pretty torn up my first try, made it through, but had to use a couple lollipops and got a stone rating for that chapter.  On my third try I had much of the timing down for the various attacks during the different phases of the fight.  I still only scored a bronze.  I'm sure I could do better, but I'll save that for another time, now it's time to keep the story moving.  On the positive side, I scored my first pure platinum for any verse when I replayed chapter 1 to get some more halos so that I could buy some techniques.  I thought I might score my first platinum for a chapter as I managed platinum on several other verses, but I missed a verse somewhere (I thought I was thorough) and a couple gold ratings and one silver brought my overall score down to gold.  Oh well, still a good score that got me a bunch of halos.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Just beat the third Dark Souls 2 DLC. Have to say the DLCs are kind of annoying when it comes to coop play. They seem to be more crafted towards multiple players doing it, but as I was unable to summon human players most of the time, I had to rely on the bots, and they just suck at everything.

Now I dunno. Probably going to toy around with some of the left over optional bosses, and then I'll look into NewGame+.

I am lvl 192 right now, and my savegame says 87 hours. Holy fu. Guess it is time to start doing something else again... but then again, NewGame+ ....

NG+ should be basically a boss run. Alternatively you can use bonfire ascetics to get the new items from some of the bosses.

As for not being able to see summon signs, maybe you have been softbanned. :p Check out the bridge at Irion Keep. If you still see some signs everything should be fine.

I wasn't softbanned (how do you get that anyway?), but in the DLCs are rarely other players. It's probably also getting into the calculation that I am lvl 192. It's probably a lot higher than other more or less generic players.

It's not your level that determines who you get to play with, but your Soul Memory (explanation here, though I think they might have added another tier since then). Also, pretty much none of the DLC areas requires you to play in co-op, not even the ones that have been explicitly designed around the mechanic. If you have problems handling the areas with the summonable NPCs, try going solo: enemies won't get the buff they get when you summon people.

I've been wasting time in Fable 3, trying to level up weapons.

One of my three wives died to a Balverine attack. Never set up one of your franchises in Millifields.

Interestingly, when the spouse dies, your kid is declared an orphan. So when I adopted him he ended up counting twice and aged rapidly. I'm disappointed that his nanny is a man, because I still need to upgrade the love sword and that's a delicious cliche I could not pass up.

Poor kid was intended to live in the castle, I was going to move his mother when the Balverine attacked. But since Elise gave me two, won't take care of him, and he's a technical orphan, it's off to the Industrial district and child labor for him. But he gets to live in a nice house featuring a giant painting of the stepmother who will never let him live in her home.

Because houses that take large paintings are rare.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

So had a hankering to replay NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer. Installed it, BSODed when Steam was doing its Microsoft NET Framework and DX9 malarkey. Finally got to character creation and couldn't hear myself think because the game still makes computers run stupidly hot.

Just let out a big sigh from that.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Getting ready for COD Advanced Warfare, already preloaded on the Xbone. Lol I know I sound lame

I'm so tempted to buy it, but at the same time I don't know how long I'll actually play it.  Especially because no one I know plays it on the PS4.

Well i'm having a blast with Advanced Warfare. It has the double XP day, so I'm almost about to hit level 20. The exo suit is cool, with the special abilities and super punches, but Titanfall was doing double jumping 8 months ago. I don't have much friends on the Xone either, they all still play on 360. And this game looks really fugly on the 360

Alongside Amnesia, I've been playing some Mirror's Edge which I received as a gift a while back.

It's... cool. It's quite fun when things click and the adrenaline is up. But I must say that most of the time it feels more like I'm fighting the controls than working with them. Perhaps I just need more practice.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0