What are you playing now?

Blarghagh

Playing a bit of WoW again, expansion is going live. The launch is a bit rough though. Blew $60 on another 90 (and another Paladin mind you), to get my eighth max level character, hah - bit of a whim as I got tired thinking of the path from 50 onward (not even newer Cata content, there).

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Playing a bit of WoW again, expansion is going live. The launch is a bit rough though. Blew $60 on another 90 (and another Paladin mind you), to get my eighth max level character, hah - bit of a whim as I got tired thinking of the path from 50 onward (not even newer Cata content, there).

I've been getting about 10-12k for every quest for awhile now.  Once I hit 70, it dropped in the Outlands, but once I went to Northrend it was back to the big xp rewards.  It's been moving pretty fast.

Trying some Dark Souls 2 and... it is annoying the hell out of me. Seriously. It's a huge grind and if you do a wrong step the game forces you to repeat everything again. Ehw. I don't mind hard, but this feels unfair at times.

Posted this on 11th October.

One month later and I am still playing DS2. And it is damn great. :>

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

One month later and I am still playing DS2. And it is damn great. :>

Yup, and you still have the superior (in content, though not in mechanics) Souls games, Dark Souls 1 and Demon's Souls to experience.

Souls games are the type to often need a little bit of extra playing before they click

Edited by Nordicus

I've been getting about 10-12k for every quest for awhile now.  Once I hit 70, it dropped in the Outlands, but once I went to Northrend it was back to the big xp rewards.  It's been moving pretty fast.

Yup, I blitzed through with my DK, hunter and rogue with heirlooms. But after all that, thinking of schlepping through Outland, Northrend and then Cataclysm just made me worn out. I still need to level professions a bit, maybe the garrison system will help me with that.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I was playing Mark of the ninja, Xenonauts and re-plyaing TW Medieval 2 but when I got wasteland 2, it's all I play. Despite all the technical issues , bugs (even with the third patch it still crashes alot) and imperfections it still got me addicted. This should be a big concern to people using the unity engine, it seems to suck my pc dry for no apparent reason. now and then when I feel like shooting someone myself I play Warface and Blacklight retribution although since W2 I dont seem to find any time :) Let's hope PoE will be as fun!

Yup, I blitzed through with my DK, hunter and rogue with heirlooms. But after all that, thinking of schlepping through Outland, Northrend and then Cataclysm just made me worn out. I still need to level professions a bit, maybe the garrison system will help me with that.

Don't you get to boost one of your toons to 90 instantly, for free?

Yep, did that with my Shaman, already. :lol:

Is that game any good anyway? What do you do there except for the "loot items to build a camp"?

The game is just now starting to add in story elements. It's been a rather slow process, I know, but it is very fun in bursts. It's an incredibly well designed and executed game. It's not just "Minecraft in a Forest".

Just realized why I'm not liking this CoD MP as much as MW2 or whatever it was.  These guns suck.  I can't find a single one that I enjoy using.  Most of the rifles aren't automatic, so they're useless in these run-n-gun maps.  The ones that are, don't have much power/range.  And I'm just not a submachine gun type of person.

In MW2, there were at least 2 guns per class that I felt comfortable using.  Zero of the guns in AW feel comfortable when I use them.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Preloaded GTA 5 on the XBone. Should be cool, especially with that COD mode, it will make it like a new game

2715612-firstperson1.jpg

I can't wait to play this game on PC, I want to go hunting and go to war on the Police department :dancing:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

That's not a very Bruce thing to say ... are they corrupt cops, or ... do I just not get the whole Grand Theft mantra. 

Well GTA has always been one of my little indulgences, what I typically do is provoke the cops and then let them chase me

The thing I love about the genre is the open world city design, I love just driving around and doing arbitrary things

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

The spawn points in CoD AW are horrible.  This time my team was actually the beneficiary of the terrible spawn points.  The opposition kept getting spawned right in front of my teammate's sentry gun.  As soon as they'd spawn, they had zero time to even move before dying.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I had a really good run in COD AW last night, got 3x 600pt kill streaks in a single match. I equipped the 2nd auto rifle with a laser, and the perk that let's you shoot while running, and hipfire shot everyone. The rifles basically have no recoil, unlike the smg's that have horrible recoil

Edited by Bokishi

Played a bit of Mario Kart 8 with the new DLC.  Top quality DLC, great value for the money with awesome new tracks.  Also, Cat Peach is too adorable for words.  A full blow Mario Kart 8 session is going to have to wait until my Bayonetta 2 addiction subsides (if that ever happens).  I'm up to chapter 13 in my 3rd climax playthrough.  I'm so close to the Chain Chomp unlock I can almost taste it.  I also picked up the Salamandra weapon this time around (I missed 1/3 of a gold lp last time), it's a pair of infernal chainsaws that can be worn on either the hands or feet (or both if you buy the second set).  For now I think I'll stick with the chainsaws on my hands for massive damage (the chainsaws do damage the whole time they're in contact with an enemy, potentially doing massive damage if you slice the enemy for a while) and the whips on my feet for reach and massive AoE.  

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I had a really good run in COD AW last night, got 3x 600pt kill streaks in a single match. I equipped the 2nd auto rifle with a laser, and the perk that let's you shoot while running, and hipfire shot everyone. The rifles basically have no recoil, unlike the smg's that have horrible recoil

Really?  That was one of my issues with the AW guns compared to previous CoD games (MW2, I'm looking at you).  I find the recoil is pretty bad when you're shooting at distance.  I'll hit a guy once, but the gun will "bounce" and so I'll have trouble lining up the second shot.  In MW2, I'd line up a guy in a building with my SCAR and unload three or four shots with the red dot barely even moving from his head after each shot.

Really?  That was one of my issues with the AW guns compared to previous CoD games (MW2, I'm looking at you).  I find the recoil is pretty bad when you're shooting at distance.  I'll hit a guy once, but the gun will "bounce" and so I'll have trouble lining up the second shot.  In MW2, I'd line up a guy in a building with my SCAR and unload three or four shots with the red dot barely even moving from his head after each shot.

Which guns are you using? I prefer these two. I'm more short to medium range shooter. The one at the bottom usually kills them off in a 4 round burst, so there's no need to realign a shot. I use the fore-grip attachment, I believe it helps a little bit on recoil

hbra3-main-1.jpg

imr-main-1.jpg

Edited by Bokishi

I was saving my money to buy Dragon Age: Inquisition on launch day but instead I went ahead and bought Tales of Symphonia Chronicles for the PS3. It has the original ToS that was released on the gamecube along with the other ToS game that came out for the Wii a couple of years ago. After spending a couple of hours with the first game I must say that I am really happy with the purchase. I am not into JRPGs that much but this game is unique(gameplay-wise) and the characters have interesting personalities. I also like how unpredictable the plot is, it keeps you hooked to the game.

Edited by Cat Food

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

XBone. Is that the accepted shorthand for it now?

Now?  People have been calling it XBone since it launched.

Obviously I haven't kept up with the lingo.

Ok. Seems legit on urban dictionary.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle