What are you playing now?

Blarghagh

In an earlier beta there was an issue with the Overseer UFO that potentially required a console command to fix, but that's a fair bit after the part involving capturing the Outsider. That part is largely unchanged from the standard game (multiple alien bases aside), and I'm not aware of any known issues with it.

Long War is definitely completeable, but I haven't done it personally - I crashed and burned on a base defense on the previous beta and am waiting for this current beta (as of last week) to mature a bit before going again.

EDIT: Oh, unlike vanilla, you need to launch a satellite over the country with the alien base to be able to assault it, in addition to having built the skeleton key.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Back to puttering on through WoW, got my hunter an ilvl 450 bow so Pandaria is rather trivial as that level is about what you need to start in endgame heroic dungeons. Not too sure I'll make 90 before WoD goes live, but I should get pretty close.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm up to chapter 6 in Bayonetta.  Chapter 5 was brutal, I think I used 7 or 8 continues.  There was one particular pair of enemies that took me 4 continues to figure outtheir attack patterns and get the timing down on dodging and when I could chain long combos and when to go in for a couple quick strikes.  I had to fight those same 2 later in the chapter, but I got past that second battle in one try since I had them figured out by then.  Then I got to battle a giganting flying serpent thingy.  Good times.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Finished DS2 Crown of the Sunken King. Skipped only one boss fight... the one with the 3 dudes. It's just too hard if you can only rely on stupid ai phantoms. It's not about skill anymore, just pure luck. And it seems to be impossible to find human players in that DLC area (guess it is the least liked of the three?) to help me out in that area.

Anyway, started Crown of the Iron King now, let's see how that turns out. So far at least I've found some human players in it...

On the other side, I've ordered me a copy of Bayonetta for PS3 now, because Keyrock hyped me...

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

On the other side, I've ordered me a copy of Bayonetta for PS3 now, because Keyrock hyped me...

Not to sour you on the game, because it's fantastic, but the PS3 version is a notoriously poor port.  It may or may not have been patched into competence since it was released years back (I have no idea), but back in the day there were reports everywhere of serious framerate issues.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Will see. In any case it was about 10€ and I don't have much of a choice anyway, as it's the only more or less modern console system that I own (that GameCube is a bit old by now).

/Edit: Did a fast sweep over Google and it seems most issues have been patched. Well, yay for patches. Let's hope this is true, though.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

/Edit: Did a fast sweep over Google and it seems most issues have been patched. Well, yay for patches. Let's hope this is true, though.

Cool beans.  I hope that winds up being the case.  Have fun beating up angels.  :)

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Finished Bioshock Infinite. Not bad/not great. As expected, the people hating on it at release did so as backlash to the rave reviews more than anything. It's not as good as the first two installments, simply due to the era it's set in. The way the game wrapped up the trilogy was about as good as one can expect in a game, though somewhat self indulgent. Now onto the DLC, back to the era where Bioshock belongs..

Needed some light hearted entertainment and found it in Saints Row: The Third. Last time I tried the game it didn't click but now I'm having great fun.

Also new update for Warframe, aside from a lot of new bugs in typical DE style they also finally made lockers colourblind friendly. Which is always awesome.

I finished Alien: Isolation. Overall it's a pretty good game. On the downside, I don't foresee replaying it in the future.

I also started up Fable III which I got back in a Games with Gold promotion. I like that, it's a lot like Fable II which I know lots of people hated. It does have it's tedious elements in making friends with people. And it's paced bizarrely at the beginning where you don't get the quests that give you a decent amount of seals until after you already need a bunch and try making friends with freaking everyone.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I finished Alien: Isolation. Overall it's a pretty good game. On the downside, I don't foresee replaying it in the future.

If you like horror games that take place on a derelict ship and can deal with a nauseatingly un-optimised engine, I'd recommend Cryostasis: Sleep of Reason:

It has probably one of the best video game stories I've experienced in spite of its flaws. Helloween4545 did an LP of it (granted he doesn't have a terribly flattering opinion of it):

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/113273/lets-play-cryostasis-set-15-wait-what

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

I'd love to play Cryostasis, but the original made my computer chug.

That computer has since died. Little chance of playing another at the moment.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Had to abandon a bounty for an epic weapon.  One of the criteria was finishing with a bunch more kills in the Crucible than deaths.  I hate the MP of Destiny with a passion, so there's no way I'd ever be able to pull that off.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm up to chapter 9 in Bayonetta.  I got to fight a gargantuan boss well over 100 times my size, race a motorcycle, and do battle on on a highway while dodging speeding traffic.  This game and its sequel is going to be the death of my thumbs, but it's worth it.  Good times.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Icewind Dale. Exploring Lower Dorns Deep and then I'll be off to the Heart of Winter part of the game before I take the final quest.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I also started up Fable III which I got back in a Games with Gold promotion. I like that, it's a lot like Fable II which I know lots of people hated. It does have it's tedious elements in making friends with people. And it's paced bizarrely at the beginning where you don't get the quests that give you a decent amount of seals until after you already need a bunch and try making friends with freaking everyone.

I loved the atmosphere in Alien Isolation. The way they carried over the aesthetics of the first film into the game is phenomenal. The AI is hard but fair once you learn what not to do when the alien is around.

However about two thirds of the way through the game begins to drag. It has the "princess is in the next castle" syndrome where the game makes you do arbitrary crap that never takes the plot anywhere significant... Pull this lever, press that button... Hmm, no you aren't saved this time tee hee. Add ten hours of that.

And the gameplay (and the horror) wear thin due to limited things to do in the game and limited enemies to work around. Once you figure out how to deal with the alien and the androids it becomes less of a challenge and more of a chore and certainly no longer fear inducing.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I'm about to  start playing Saints Row IV, it should be fun

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Be warned, it is not politically correct Bruce. Your social justice warrior might find it jarring.. ;)

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

It is rather boring. But worth it to play for the line about apotheosis, at least.

Realized I had bandwidth cap left so downloaded Grey Matter and Blackguards, will leave WoW a bit (need to stockpile rested XP anyway) for those. Going into Grey Matter expecting it to be Syberia-levels of 'ok'.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Be warned, it is not politically correct Bruce. Your social justice warrior might find it jarring.. ;)

Sure, I can appreciate not every game is SJ politically correct on certain levels. But its probably best I play the game first and then comment :biggrin:

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky. I remember why I haven't played this game since it came out. Can't get through it. Just can't. I don't know what it is about Clear Sky that makes it feel so much inferior to Shadow of Chernobyl, but there it is. I could probably think about it for a little and come up with a bunch of reasons why, but...that sounds like work.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Finally beat the damn smelter demon in the second Dark Souls 2 DLC. It took quite some time, but finally worked out... Only because I found a competent human player. Each of us distracted the boss always when the other had to heal himself. Also we both had good weapons with lightning damage. This way we could get him down reasonable fast.

It was good- this is actually when DS2 is the most fun.