What are you playing now?

I finally made it to Luskan in Neverwinter Nights.  I had more side quests to tie up around Port Llast than I realized.  The Brother Toras battle was the toughest thing I encountered in the Port Llast area of the game.  Not brutal, but definitely challenging.  Homeslice can unleash some pretty brutal spells.  Now onwards an upwards to chapter 3.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Messed a bit with PoE, just walked around a bit and talked to some people, they sure got the vibe right. EXCITED!

And of course I went through the settings and well, wouldn't you know: colorblind mode, and it was on by default. That is just friggin' awesome!

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 2

Ran through almost all the content of the Pillars of Eternity beta now that my characters were not losing any items. I must say that I am really enjoying it. The chanter was awesome (hired adventurer). I didn't get how to use them at first, but I think I figured it out. At least my part members' weapons were set on fire. I can't say I had any real troubles. I saved before I knew there were upcoming dialog options. You could solve most quests peacefully.

I no longer feel that combat is hectic. It is very manageable, even if I would welcome auto attacks and AI functions. The way it is now, I was controlling every move of my characters. (I have to admit that I don't micromanaging.)

I beat the Ogre, failed to grab the Egg (I fell and it broke), and I cleared every monster that I could see.

I have no doubt that when more stuff gets fixed, I will rate this very highly.

The reason I quit was that the game crashed on my last exploring trip. I'm probably going to stop playing it for a while. 6 hours is enough for now. I will give it a go for every update they push out.

• Like 3

I tried the PoE beta, did what I could in town and headed out to find the ogre, and was wiped out by the first beetles I saw. don't even think I was ablebto kill one either.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I tried the PoE beta, did what I could in town and headed out to find the ogre, and was wiped out by the first beetles I saw. don't even think I was ablebto kill one either.

Target the wood beetles first. They are nature's versions of glass cannons.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Guest Slinky

Tried a few minutes of Archeage. Yet another boring MMO...

PVP oriented seem to like it, the rest not so much. I'm personally looking forward how Everquest Next turns out. Hoping for the best as Wildstar wasn't really my cup of tea and there aren't any other MMO's on the horozon that I know of.

A gruelling game of XCOM Long War, I'm taking a break now after an insane sequence of three landed Abductors, a terror mission, two Exalt missions, and a bomb disposal. The only respite in that sequence was one single regular abduction mission. I'm having fun but I wish sometimes they'd let up a bit with some down periods, a little bit of better pacing in general wouldn't go unappreciated. At least Carapace armour is coming on now, so I can not worry about being one-shot quite as often - but at $120 each and taking two weeks to manufacture, it's a slow process.

I need another game that lets me relax a bit more in between sessions. Something where I could just play with my brain in first gear.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Baldur's Gate EE on my Nexus 7 tablet.

Fair play to Beamdog, it's ludicrously easy to play and looks great (even on a 7" tablet). So now I've got BG wherever I go, I hope they do the same for BG2.

Should be a matter of weeks, when they roll the new 1.3 patches out.
  • Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Fair play to Beamdog, it's ludicrously easy to play and looks great (even on a 7" tablet). So now I've got BG wherever I go, I hope they do the same for BG2.

For all the talk about their PC versions, my impression is that the tablet ports are really the key selling feature of the Enhanced Editions. Cool for tablet owners.

• Like 2

A gruelling game of XCOM Long War, I'm taking a break now after an insane sequence of three landed Abductors, a terror mission, two Exalt missions, and a bomb disposal. The only respite in that sequence was one single regular abduction mission. I'm having fun but I wish sometimes they'd let up a bit with some down periods, a little bit of better pacing in general wouldn't go unappreciated. At least Carapace armour is coming on now, so I can not worry about being one-shot quite as often - but at $120 each and taking two weeks to manufacture, it's a slow process.

I need another game that lets me relax a bit more in between sessions. Something where I could just play with my brain in first gear.

Play Jagged Alliance 1. :grin:

1.13 killed off Ja2.

For all the talk about their PC versions, my impression is that the tablet ports are really the key selling feature of the Enhanced Editions. Cool for tablet owners.

I honestly thought touch-screen combat would suck, but it doesn't.

sonsofgygax.JPG

I'd say if the frequency of pausing becomes too overwhelming, even in short fights, that's frenetic. I mean I don't know if it's actually happening or not, but I can see a situation in an RTwP game where you're pausing multiple times in the time it takes to get one weapon swing or spell in (to give orders for the other party members for example) being problematic. Even if the action was going on at a glacial pace, that's way too much micromanagement.

Again, hypothetically.

Wait, are people saying PoE plays like an MMO with pause? :(

Sorry I'm not going to the backer forum because spoilers.

If they did, they would be wrong. It plays like a faster BG with more micromanagement.

And for some reason, the Monk did much better than the Paladin for me. I attribute it to suboptimal equipment.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Played around some on PoE. Then found that pretty much all the bugs/issues I'd encountered had already been reported a heap of times in the Beta forums, so rather then just add to the mass, I think I'll wait awhile until the next update and see about it then.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I finished The Bureau: XCOM Declassified.

I am thinking on doing a Morrowind + Exp. playthrough, although that would not sit well with my backlog. I will not do it this week, but I think I might give in and start on Friday.

I finally made it to chapter 3 in Neverwinter Nights.  I had forgotten how many floors of the Host Tower there are to go through.  Granted, you don't have to go through all of them.  In fact, I think you can go 1 > 2 > 6 > Pinnacle, but, being the completionist I am, I had to go through every single floor and wipe everybody out.  Finally, I reached the top of the tower, Aribeth did her heel turn, and I whooped up the lizard chumps to finish chapter 2.  Kind of anti-climactic since by that time I already knew about Aribeth's betrayal and the enemies left for me to fight once Maugrim and Aribeth made their escape were pretty pathetic.  I would have liked something meatier to finish off the chapter.  I mean, I spent all that time buffing the **** out of myself and my companions before entering the pinnacle and it was rather unnecessary.  The battle went like this:  Empowered Call Lightning, which killed everybody save for 3 enemies (who were rather hurt, as you can imagine), then about 5 seconds worth of physical attacks from my companions.  Battle over.  Oh well.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Technically Call Lightning should not even work indoors.

The pinnacle of the host tower is a rooftop, it's open to the sky.  That I used call lightning several times while advancing through the lower floors of the tower is another matter entirely.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Got nostalgic and re-installed the original Medieval: Total War. I tried to find a high res mod for it, but there doesn't seem to be one. However, I did find a fix which lets you select all the original resolutions under Win 7: http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local_links.php?catid=168

It's the first download, you just unzip it into the install directory. At the highest res the sprites actually look quite nice, even when zoomed in, much better than I remember playing years ago.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I could never get warm with Medieval. The setting simply never interested me that much... Rome was pretty much the only Total War game that I played a lot. And I mean really *a lot*. Only Rome 2 came close to this again, heh. Damn, it's a great game, imo. You just need to be able to overlook / live with the flaws that every TW game has....

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Rome 2 is just toooo slow - my friends are playing it a lot and I've tried it on their coms and waiting for up to 4 min before it's my turn again is simply too much of a wait, espeically if you are upgrading or something and have to do 10 quick turns.

Then you wait 4min for combat to load, it's over in 3 and then you wait 5 for the campaign to load.. and before you know it an hour has passed and you've done 1 battle and about 6 turns.

Fortune favors the bald.