What are you playing now?

Still the best WoW Paladin video

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I've moved on to the druid enclave in Neverwinter Woods, gonna help my fellow druids cure the critters gone crazy, right after I whoop up on my fellow druids in the arena.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Testing a mod on Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition. Sure would like to get it done finally.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Time to see if my money was well spent.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Your first impressions? I have access to Beta, but I really do not want to infest my PC with Steam :p

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Your first impressions? I have access to Beta, but I really do not want to infest my PC with Steam :p

I'll provide you with impressions gladly in exchange for your key  :dancing:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Will think about that :p One of my RL friends does not have access to beta, and he does not mind Steam, if he would not want the game, I might consider about offering you the key :p

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

It's buggy.  Very buggy, some amusing, others not so much. The good thing is that the most glaring bugs are already known to the team and worked on. When everything works, it is great and I do not regret my pledge.

I have spent 3 hours with the beta, and I am having a lot of fun when everything works. The rtwp combat is really fun. I feel that everything is easy to understand, with good descriptions on abilities, spells and stats. Background look great, even if I was hoping for less static ones.

The combat felt a bit hectic at first, as it felt that it was going way faster than it should. After a few encounters, I do feel at home though.

I'm only playing on normal and that is how I intend to play the btea until the end. I have been wiped once by some specters, but I don't think i was supposed to go in there yet. So far, it has felt to me that all characters have been useful in combat. The rogue is the one that loses stamina the fastest if you are not careful.

I have been playing a monk and created a custom chanter at the inn. The monk and the fighter go in for melee combat, the rogue comes in afterwards. I found ranged weapons for my chanter and priest, so the buff, debuff and attack from afar. The mage unleashes spells like a madman. There is no room for complacency, one wrong move and you can expect a party wipe. Comat is still an area that needs improvement, like better pathing and auto-attack. Both known issues.

Writing is good, but it's mostly just side content, so one can't really comment on story. The companions don't speak, as they are just randoms.

Spell effects look nice, and music is decent.

fair enough. I'll just sit here and send mind waves to your friend, "you don't want to play Pillars of Eternity beta"  :sorcerer:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Quick summary for PoE:

+writing is top notch

+music is impressive

+art is excellent

+scripted interactions. Major points!

-Combat is too frenetic.

-monk and ciphers classes = Micromanagement.

• Like 2

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Guest Slinky

Quick summary for PoE:

-Combat is too frenetic.

How so? Too fast or what? If it plays like infinity games you are supposed to pause the game much and often and issue commands then.

They need to adjust the pace of combat. Movement is too fast and it's difficult to keep up with who is doing what as the status effects and feedback is not very informative.

There is essentially more tactile feedback in the IE games. Think of this analogy: Drive by Wire system as opposed to direct steering.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

you can slow the game down, reportedly it helps a lot. 

• Like 2
Walsingham said:

in the meantime, finished Shadowrun: Dragonfall. and I have mixed feeling about it. I've come to realize I don't like it all that much. and here's why.

it's hard on the eyes. its visuals are of the kind that either pleases your sense of aesthetics of repulses you - a hit-or-miss, as they say. and in my case it makes me want to close my eyes. too cartoon-y, too flat, too boring.

it's small-scale. it feels more like an adventure game than a full-fledged RPG. there are two sides to this argument. first, its missions are very short (areas are very small, save for the last mission). funnily enough, while playing through it I actually enjoyed that side of Dragonfall: the fact that I could go complete a job inside 30 minutes - it's as if this game was designed with portable devices in mind, jobs are small episodes you can complete while on a train to work/school, or on your lunch break. 

but, unfortunately, it has very few of these episodes. it felt like the game should've been at least twice as long. I managed to beat it in one day, which would be normal for a Lucas Arts game of the past. but for a PCRPG it feels inadequate.

the combat... oh boy, where do I begin. first of all, the way combat begins drives me crazy. there are very few instances where you can get a jump on the enemy, most of the time they get to initiate combat forcing me to spend the first round or two positioning my team.

then there's the overall simplicity. I am spoiled by games like Frozen Synapse, but turn-based combat that's less complex than that of Jagged Alliance 2 makes me very sad. no called shots (yes, there are abilities that do that, but for some reason I have to wait two turns to use it again), no stances to increase accuracy, sniper rifles are very funky (can't hit a person at point blank range with it, what the hell?), the game consistently rolls against me in most tries where there's a less-than-90% chance to hit (seriously, I tested it once, and at 80% chance-to-hit my character missed 5 times in a row (I reloaded after every miss), which leads me to believe it's something to do with how the game calculates chances).

and it is getting more and more difficult to enjoy turn-based combat as I get older and more experienced. it's hard to abstract so much from how ranged combat should really look like, especially when it comes to AoE abilities. this is where I realize how good combat in Fallout Tactics really was.

the AI is beyond stupid, skipping their turns or spending them changing from a good position to a bad one (probably just running out of action points mid-way), not picking targets properly each turn (they probably get locked on a target they pick first and stick with it until it disappears).

The plot is terribad. So full of tropes, sci-fi and otherwise. I stopped caring about the story when The Puppeteer from Ghost in the Shell made its appearance. The plot twist was somewhat unexpected, so they get brownie points for that. And the writing is good.

That's the part I enjoyed. I'm not an expert on the English language, but the quality of writing seemed really good. I also liked the main characters, they were distinct enough from one another to care about them. 

In the end, though, I felt like the game missed its chance. It could've been so much better with more effort.

I like the whole Karma thing, how your parameters determine your skills and such. It makes advancing my character fun, because I get to decide at all times with even the smallest details how it progresses.

I like the setting. There aren't many cyberpunk games for PC, and even fewer worthwhile cyberpunk games exist (did I mention I liked Ghost in the Shell? I wanted that feeling from a game, Shadowrun gives me that feeling). 

In conclusion: Dragonfall feels like a game for tablets, that is afraid of its own potential, so it limits itself in all aspects to be more accessible. Such a shame. 

Walsingham said:

It's buggy.  Very buggy, some amusing, others not so much. The good thing is that the most glaring bugs are already known to the team and worked on. When everything works, it is great and I do not regret my pledge.

I have spent 3 hours with the beta, and I am having a lot of fun when everything works. The rtwp combat is really fun. I feel that everything is easy to understand, with good descriptions on abilities, spells and stats. Background look great, even if I was hoping for less static ones.

The combat felt a bit hectic at first, as it felt that it was going way faster than it should. After a few encounters, I do feel at home though.

I'm only playing on normal and that is how I intend to play the btea until the end. I have been wiped once by some specters, but I don't think i was supposed to go in there yet. So far, it has felt to me that all characters have been useful in combat. The rogue is the one that loses stamina the fastest if you are not careful.

I have been playing a monk and created a custom chanter at the inn. The monk and the fighter go in for melee combat, the rogue comes in afterwards. I found ranged weapons for my chanter and priest, so the buff, debuff and attack from afar. The mage unleashes spells like a madman. There is no room for complacency, one wrong move and you can expect a party wipe. Comat is still an area that needs improvement, like better pathing and auto-attack. Both known issues.

Writing is good, but it's mostly just side content, so one can't really comment on story. The companions don't speak, as they are just randoms.

Spell effects look nice, and music is decent.

ilCypu8VtE89S.gif

• Like 6

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

the game consistently rolls against me in most tries where there's a less-than-90% chance to hit (seriously, I tested it once, and at 80% chance-to-hit my character missed 5 times in a row (I reloaded after every miss), which leads me to believe it's something to do with how the game calculates chances).

The game most likely doesn't regenerate random seed at reload.

You could load a 1000 times and that shot would always be a miss.

• Like 1