What are you playing now?

that's odd, I got the right option in the dialogue on my first attempt, just needed a proper skill to pick it

Hm, weird. I think I had Kick Ass, Kiss Ass, and Smart Ass around level 5 or 6. But when I was discussing them making peace, unless I manually typed in "Both" at that point when they were both wanting the Golden Spike..  they would meet up, disagree, and start killing each other off in front of me.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

This had been the case in a early version. Later they added the keyword / clickable option. In my current playthrough I've been unable to get peace, because apparently some stuff has been added to the quest line, which I probably got wrong somewhere.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

in my game turn-based combat broke :( every time combat starts it tends to end after the first shot. which means I can either shoot everyone without having them fight back, or die quickly if they get the jump on me and start shooting without giving me a chance to shoot back. 

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Hm. Another case of Wasteland 2 troubles.

Finished off the situation with the Titan, headed back to Ranger Citadel.. and I get the whole "Check out the Red Scorpion's. Danforth is on a rampage"..  Only trouble is, I managed to kill Danforth and such before I went into the Canyon....

Now I can't trigger the next part of the quest because the whole of the Prison is empty of all characters....

Edit: Damn it. I really don't want to have to dig up an old save and have to replay 12 hours of game.....

Edited by Raithe

Ys Origin. Deafeated some Snake boss in the Water prison or whatever the hell the place is called. Music is superb. Got killed in a boss fight after that but the story kept going. I think you might be able to win the fight but I also though you were meant to lose when I saw how much health was taken from me on each attack.

Hm. Another case of Wasteland 2 troubles.

Finished off the situation with the Titan, headed back to Ranger Citadel.. and I get the whole "Check out the Red Scorpion's. Danforth is on a rampage"..  Only trouble is, I managed to kill Danforth and such before I went into the Canyon....

Now I can't trigger the next part of the quest because the whole of the Prison is empty of all characters....

Edit: Damn it. I really don't want to have to dig up an old save and have to replay 12 hours of game.....

Heh, how the hell did you get past the turrets at that point? They destroyed 6 of my 7 men in the first turn. I had to fix the robot with parts from Damonta to get past it.

Btw. this is the last step before the beta ends anyway. So you really don't miss a lot if you stop now and start a new game with the full release next month.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I think you're not supposed to go past the turrets, you're not meant to fight them. there are two ways to do it without fighting them, apparently.

one is to repair the robot. but that requires you to leave the zone. 

also, when you leave it, at some point (not sure how it's triggered) after you make it through the Titan Canyon HQ will contact you and ask to go back to Happy Valley and speak to that dude in the Prison. that will open up new dialogue options with him, and you can talk your way inside.

I encountered that Damonta bug, btw, when I couldn't leave it. turns out it's because I had Red with me. had to kill him to leave... oh well, not the first broken quest I encounter

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

You can also tell Red to leave your party. Then save the game & load again to get out of Damonta.

/Edit: Raithe might want to check out if that one NPC at the farm in front of the prison is still there. If yes, then maybe talking to him will solve the quest.

Edited by Lexx

I'd managed to pick up some of the "fun stuff" from TNT back at the Ranger Citadel. I think it was two Sabot Launchers that both did 500 damage and that other Launcher that does about the same damage but manages to just effect both turrets.

Then all you have to worry is the mass of mines in that corridor, as long as you have someone with fairly decent awareness and perception,  and someone with demolitions to disarm them all..  Once that's done it's just a bunch of annoying Rad Scorpions to deal with.

I had restarted Damonta from just before I arrived there, but I went around it in a slightly different order of exploring the map, and even though I'd picked up Red I was able to leave after that 2nd run through. So I have no idea what breaks it sometimes when you have Red along.

I've read that leaving Damonta works if you deal with Tinker first, and pick up Red after that. I couldn't test it though, as I really couldn't motivate me to go through all the robots again.

I killed Tinker right after picking up Red, but since I'm a bit twitchy when it comes to quick saves all three of them were made between those two events :( so Red had to die

Walsingham said:

Nope, like I wrote. You can simply dismiss him, save the game, load it up again and done. Now you can leave Damonta.

yeah, I saw that, but it doesn't change the fact that I can't progress his quest. either way I can't take him to Silo 7, but if I kill him I get a quest log update that says I got a treasure map off his body (still can't find the plane in that area, anyway)

I am a bit confused by all this Prison business. the only place you can get the part for the droid is in Damonta. on my way back I got the radio message about the Prison going nuts. this basically means that I took too long to kill the guys in the prison, everyone in Happy Valley is dead except for that farmer who gives the quest to kill Red Scorpion leaders. 

so he spills the beans and gives another quest now. this is heavy spoiler territory:

if you cure the dogs, the Red Scorpions leader disappears, can't kill him now, if I talk to Jobe, he is pissed off and runs to his death

if you don't cure the dogs and start shooting as soon as you enter the prison compound, the whole "I only want the dogs to be ok" spiel by Jobe becomes pointless.

did I miss something? how can I kill everyone inside the compound AND save the dogs to keep Jobe happy?

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

Playing and loving Golden Sun on the Wii U virtual console.  This is a very highly regarded game, so it's not a big surprise, but, man, this is a really good game.  It's crazy how much the addition of puzzle elements helps break up the monotony of the standard jRPG grind.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Toying with the idea to play some Shadowrun again. Can anyone point me to some classy top class fan made campaigns that are worthy to be checked out by me?

I'm going to wait for the Director's Cut of Shadowrun Dragonfall before revisiting the game. I wonder if people will bother with user made campaigns for that one. The ones for the current DF version will not work with the Director's Cut and vice versa.

• Like 1

Played a lot of Firefall.

It's kind of a weird game. On one hand, it's a bit too light on content (just launched, but still). OTOH what is there is pretty fun. 5 classes with unlockable "prestige" variants that you can swap at almost any time. (Though the graphical design of some are pretty hideous.) The main story and other instanced mission are pretty darn good and doing related achievements adds a nice bit of extra challenge.
Also, you can be a healer and still facetank stuff and murder your way through a horde. Though the game does demand that you play well. :lol:

A free to play model that is so free to play, I have no idea how it could possibly work outt for them.

The main story is intriguing and the questlines/areas have good storylines too and most characters are memorable. The voice acting is pretty good as well. On the flip side, storylines are dropped so suddenly sometimes that I barely noticed. I still don't know what the hell the Midas is supposed to be. - _ - Or when during a ration distributing mission I was randomly got an objective to kill a group of enemies. Neither the dialogue that sent me there nor the follow-up chat had mentioned that fight. Others appear without mention (Ophanim). Or the psychics introduced in the prequel comic that are absent from the game for now (though you could explain that part at least.)

Well anyway, it's a fun game for now, though I'd recommend bringing friends.

wow, this is the best comment on Firefall I've seen in years  :blink:

Walsingham said:

*shrug* I like analyzing games, but I'm playing to have fun, and I had fun. And credit where credit is due.
I see the players whining left and right about this and that but most of those don't concern me. "Waaaah, crafting the LGV takes two hours, how dare they waaah" Go kill things 'till it's done. Sheesh.

3 districts down, 1 to go in Neverwinter Nights.  I'm off to Blacklake.  Hopefully I clear that district out tonight and can move on to the next part of the game.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks