Random Sales

melkathi

"Very tempted to get it myself at that price even though I own it already."

~ melkathi of the obsidian forum mordheim players

I don't trust this person very much, he keeps talking about that horrible 'Mordheim' game, whatever it is.

Worst of all, he never posts any screenshots, so we don't even know if the game even exists, as "pics or it didn't happen".

• Like 3

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

"Very tempted to get it myself at that price even though I own it already."

~ melkathi of the obsidian forum mordheim players

I don't trust this person very much, he keeps talking about that horrible 'Mordheim' game, whatever it is.

Worst of all, he never posts any screenshots, so we don't even know if the game even exists, as "pics or it didn't happen".

I'm not convinced this "melkathi" character is even a real person. I have my suspicions it's a bot. :p
  • Like 4

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

So, an interesting update to the Deadfire Figstarter campaign...

They have a $2m cap on investors of which only $1.18m has been applied to the total. They have hit that $2m cap already, and any further investments are put in a first come first serve order. So, they probably already have another $820k or so just waiting for approval. That means that technically they are around $3.2m with 15 days left even though they are only at $2.4m on the main page. The people waiting in line will fill the void of anyone not approved, and there are another 15 days if not. They will probably beat the record for Fig which was Psychonauts iirc, and quite possibly get more funding than the first PoE did. This isn't including PayPal since it isn't up yet on the backer portal for those where that is their only option or refuse to use Fig.

Edited by Ganrich
  • Like 1

tell me, does it allow typing in Steam's address bar?

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I'm not convinced this "melkathi" character is even a real person. I have my suspicions it's a bot. :p

The evil bot made me misclick several times and...

kjhpA2q.png

This is a tragedy. It's confirmed, melkathi is a bot that ruins lives.

You bought all those games through missclicks trying to install Mordheim?

• Like 4

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

tell me, does it allow typing in Steam's address bar?

Of course not, that would be too functional.

Give Valve 10 years or so, they'll get there.  :disguise:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

It's *been* ten years already...

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

nice sale on GOG, finally bought FTL, Age of Decadence and Banished. wonder which one I should try first   :aiee:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

nice sale on GOG, finally bought FTL, Age of Decadence and Banished. wonder which one I should try first   :aiee:

Age of Decadence, because it's mostly a "love or hate it" deal that is either going to suck you in and make you play it for a while or you'll just drop it like a hot potato. The other two are major timesinks assuming you like sci-fi ship controlling roguelikes and city builders, of course.

Edited by majestic
  • Like 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I periodically play FTL. As a derivative of the Roguelike Genre it is just a perfect filler type of game. Are you bored and nothing looks too appetizing to your current gaming cravings? Boom! FTL gets booted. It is a great little gem, and a great example of crowdfunding being a boon to the gaming world.

• Like 1

nice sale on GOG, finally bought FTL, Age of Decadence and Banished. wonder which one I should try first :aiee:

Banished

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

tried both Banished and AoD. Banished went right over my head, so many options, I keep getting lost in its UI. needs time to get adjusted to.

AoD is a bit confusing as well but for different reasons, spend 10 minutes trying to kill the enemy in the tutorial then decided it wasn't worth it and just started a new game. walked around the starting area not being able to find a single character to speak to, got attacked by a bunch of hoodlums but managed to talk my way out of it.

I have to say, AoD looks absolutely terrible, and it detracts from my enjoyment considerably. I'll try to get at least 10 hours in before quitting, but it'll be hard... 

Walsingham said:

I remember I watched the first episode of an AoD LP where a fight broke out and a bunch of unarmoured combatants stabbed each other a few dozen times in extremely slow tactic-less turn-based combat before anyone died. Decided right then and there that the game was not for me.

FTL was an interesting diversion but falls apart on the final level where the game just suddenly changes the rules on you. Screw that, I don't even bother playing the final level, though the process of reaching it is reasonably engaging.

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

yeah, I knew combat in AoD was its weakest part, so I opted for a non-combat character for my first playthrough. we'll see how it goes.

Walsingham said:

yeah, I knew combat in AoD was its weakest part, so I opted for a non-combat character for my first playthrough. we'll see how it goes.

Well, someone thought combat was good enough to warrant a combat-focused dungeon crawler spin-off, but YMMV. I personally enjoyed it once I got the hang of it.

Fighter characters are recommended for first playthroughs, btw. You won't be able to talk your way out of every situation, but there's no problem a greataxe to the face won't fix.

Graphics are hideous, though.

• Like 2

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

FTL was an interesting diversion but falls apart on the final level where the game just suddenly changes the rules on you. Screw that, I don't even bother playing the final level, though the process of reaching it is reasonably engaging.

Final "level" is a bit of an overstatement, you're thrown into a nigh unwinnable battle and unless you managed to score all the right equipment and are supremely lucky in the final fight it's game over in the first phase of three (even on "easy")...

...and the advanced edition made things even worse.

As if that battleship needed a hacking subsystem in addition to the ridiculous weapons array. Oooh, look, the oxygen supply got hacked. Brace for the missile salvo. *ship burns, oxygen runs out* Oh good the hack is over, quickly, fix *beam attack* kthxbye.

Edited by majestic
  • Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.