Random Sales

melkathi

Summer cards are dropping funny...

I got 13 cards for completing the queue once. But then didn't get any further cards after spending $100 and doing the queue 2 more times.

I spent $10 again after and 13 more cards dropped.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The Ebi-Hime bundle (I've had my eye on Sweetest Monster since it released)

Clannad

The Nonary Games

Lucy -The Eternity She Wished For-

Omni Link (been eyeing it forever, Western made space game/VN hybrid, good looking art and lots of positive impressions)

Majotori (a narrative trivia game where a witch goes around granting wishes, if you can answer the questions correctly)

OneShot (I hear such great things)

Cosmic Star Heroine (I like the rest of the dev's catalog)

And the three Monolith games I don't already have on Steam. Shadow of Mordor, Condemned, and Tron 2.0. I probably would have bought the No One Lives Forever titles too if they'd had them.

I wanted to grab The Long Journey Home, but 10% discount didn't convince me.

Between this and Crash next week, I probably should stop buying games this year.

Everyone tells me to go in blind. But then the game talks about "you have one shot" and I suddenly get terrified that the game is going to delete itself at some point and I'll only be able to play it once, because I'm afraid to look up if that's even a thing.

• Like 1

Bought hollow knight on sale in steam. It's downloaded, just have to wait til I get off work before I can try it out.

So let me know what you think... Hollow Knight is a sire contender for game of the year on my list. Definitely worth the $15 considering that it takes the average player at least 25 hours to complete and none of that is filler, all of it being quality.

I decided to go with Lawbreakers and Azure Striker Gunvolt. Lawbreakers wasn't on sale but since everybody is buying something atm, I figured... what the heck, right?

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Ok I've only played a few hours, but so far I put it on equal terms with Castlevania Symphony of the Night.

And I think csotn is one of the best games I've ever played as a teenager.

I have never played a Metroid or Castlevania game but from what I gather, people who have played them are saying the very same thing as you are saying.

Hollow Knight is just that good :)

p.s Jst wait til the later bosses, some of the most intense boss fights ever made, like Ys' bosses it puts Dark Souls to shame.

p.s.s While the game takes the average player around 25 hours-ish to complete, it takes the average player 40+ hours to discover/explore the whole map... that's a 2D map... it's very impressive and the game was only made by 3 people if I remember correctly. Masterpiece.

Edited by SonicMage117
  • Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

I haven't bought anything in this Steam Sale, I doubt I will.  I'll likely just save my money for Pyre, which releases in about a day and a half.

I kind of feel like Steam Sales lost much of their luster when they got rid of flash sales and dailies.  I mean, I get why they did, but the sales just don't seem as urgent as they did back then.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I haven't bought anything in this Steam Sale, I doubt I will. I'll likely just save my money for Pyre, which releases in about a day and a half.

I kind of feel like Steam Sales lost much of their luster when they got rid of flash sales and dailies. I mean, I get why they did, but the sales just don't seem as urgent as they did back then.

Yeah :-/ Now it's about publisher sales which are the most frequent type of sales on Steam...and let's face it, no publisher has published 100% good games so those sales suck.

As far as seasonal sales, I think it depends on how new you are to pc gaming. If you have been around for 2 years or longer and own over 100 games, then the Steam sales will probably not have much use for you but if you're new to pc gaming, or have a small incomplete library with no backlog... then Steam sales are better than ever.

I have been on for 2 years and I don't really get excited for the sales as I once did as a young lad. Maybe that's why I chose to buy just 2 games (one game being $29.99) as opposed to 10 games for that total price. I think it also has to do with maturing in taste... when you have a decent library, you really get to know yourself better - what kind of games you want to play, what you're willing to try, etc. You see your patience develop more, it's a pretty cool thing.

Edited by SonicMage117

Yeah, the only things tempting me on Steam at the moment are the first Styx game and Lord of the Fallen.  Everything else is either more than I want to pay for it, or has DLC that isn't on sale (or on sale enough.) 

Mostly I'm waiting on the XCOM 2 and Tyranny expansions.

Bought a few more games I wanted to (re)play:

Hard West + Hard West: Scars of Freedom DLC  
Redline   
RAGE + Rage: The Scorchers DLC 
Far Cry 2: Fortune's Edition  
Commander Keen 
Oknytt
Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Summer cards are dropping funny...

I got 13 cards for completing the queue once. But then didn't get any further cards after spending $100 and doing the queue 2 more times.

I spent $10 again after and 13 more cards dropped.

Yeah, that's a glitch. :p

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

The only thing I've bought is the BG2:EE soundtrack, which I gifted to somebody who owns the game on my friends list, who sent me the soundtrack. Taking filesharing to a whole new level, baby...

Besides that, I'm pretty unlikely to buy anything. I thought I was going to buy the latest Binding of Isaac DLC, Afterbirth+, but only 25% off for a DLC that's been pretty widely criticized to actively make the game worse? Eh, forget about it. Maybe Christmas...or next year.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Ok I've only played a few hours, but so far I put it on equal terms with Castlevania Symphony of the Night.

I have never played a Metroid or Castlevania game but from what I gather, people who have played them are saying the very same thing as you are saying.

p.s Jst wait til the later bosses, some of the most intense boss fights ever made, like Ys' bosses it puts Dark Souls to shame.

p.s.s While the game takes the average player around 25 hours-ish to complete, it takes the average player 40+ hours to discover/explore the whole map... that's a 2D map... it's very impressive and the game was only made by 3 people if I remember correctly. Masterpiece.

Off topic-because I don't wanna spoil anything, do u gain the ability to dash later in-game or are u able to from the start? Without spoiling so I know if my controller is working or not.

• Like 1

Off topic-because I don't wanna spoil anything, do u gain the ability to dash later in-game or are u able to from the start? Without spoiling so I know if my controller is working or not.

Later!

Got Homeworld Deserts of kharak. Was 4 bucks cheaper than GoG

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I might buy the DX:MD season pass during this sale.  I hate to give Squeenix money for their ****ty DLC practices, but it's cheaper to buy the season pass than to buy the 2 story DLCs separately (I don't care about the credits and praxis kits and whatnot).  At least they'll only be getting a small amount of scratch from me rather than the original asking price.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Help, I can't stop myself. I ended up buying more last night. Akiba's Trip: Undead and Undressed and Hollow Knight

I keep thinking I want to get that, but then I read the GOG reviews and they say the campaign is short and ends abruptly or something like that. I'm a sucker for a good RTS campaign.

I'm a sucker for a good RTS campaign.

Just in case you weren't aware, GOG also released Homeworld: Cataclysm (renamed for the re-release), which happens to offer one of the best RTS campaigns you'll ever play. Deserts of Kharak started pretty good and retained the general feel of Homeworld games which is surprising given the setting, but ultimately, its campaign proved to be too monotonous for me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Help, I can't stop myself. I ended up buying more last night. Akiba's Trip: Undead and Undressed and Hollow Knight

I keep thinking I want to get that, but then I read the GOG reviews and they say the campaign is short and ends abruptly or something like that. I'm a sucker for a good RTS campaign.

It's alright, although you can go through the campaign in one sitting. So buy cheap. 

I'm a sucker for a good RTS campaign.

Just in case you weren't aware, GOG also released Homeworld: Cataclysm (renamed for the re-release), which happens to offer one of the best RTS campaigns you'll ever play. Deserts of Kharak started pretty good and retained the general feel of Homeworld games which is surprising given the setting, but ultimately, its campaign proved to be too monotonous for me.

Yeah the cataclysm single campaign is pretty good.  Did they do anything special for the re release. I heard the source code was lost, so a reskin at least ? Nope, doesn't look like it. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Yeah, the only things tempting me on Steam at the moment are the first Styx game and Lord of the Fallen.  Everything else is either more than I want to pay for it, or has DLC that isn't on sale (or on sale enough.) 

Mostly I'm waiting on the XCOM 2 and Tyranny expansions.

Yeah the old bait and switch. GOTY addition and yet somehow lots of DLC that aren't on sale. 

• Like 2

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.