Random Sales

melkathi

Weekend GOG sale for some classic MicroProse titles such as Pirates! Gold, Sword of the Samarai, Covert Action, Silent Service 1 and 2, Rex Nebular, and Colonization. Most are $2.39 each.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Weekend GOG sale for some classic MicroProse titles such as Pirates! Gold, Sword of the Samarai, Covert Action, Silent Service 1 and 2, Rex Nebular, and Colonization. Most are $2.39 each.

I wound up scooping up Darklands.  I'm ashamed to say I've never played it before.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

can't figure out how to get that 80% off voucher. got the achievement, but not sure where the voucher will be sent to

It requires jumping through some hoops. The offer is valid until Oct 26. so you're still good.

0. Make sure your Steam profile is set to "Public, viewable by anyone".

1. You need to install the Playfire client. It's similar to Steam, but it's additive rather than a replacement.

2. Link Steam account to Playfire account, you will be offered this during installation.

3. To qualify for the voucher, you either need to play for 1 hour or play the tutorial mission.

4. Playfire tracks your Steam stats, and will automatically detect achievements and such. However, the tracking occurs sporadically, based on server load, so it's possible that you won't see an update for several hours. If you don't see your Steam stats updated inside Playfire for a full day, then contact support. I had to do this, because my Steam profile initially wasn't public (I changed it after learning that it's a requirement), and the tracking didn't work, and they solved the issue within 24 hours. That's some mighty fast support request resolution.

5. The voucher will be sent via email automatically after Playfire detects that you qualify for the reward. You can get Enemy Within for 4 pounds with it.

It's less effort than it sounds, especially now that I explained everything. :) You can uninstall Playfire if you wish after getting the voucher. ;)

• Like 1

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

thanks for a detailed reply. I figured it had something to do with Playfire, but the public Steam thing I would've never figured out on my own. 

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Uplay has Tropico 5 for 14.99 and counts towards their buy one get one deal. Snagged that and got Watch Dogs free.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Humble Store a has lot of nice sales:

-- The Bridge 90% off, for less than a dollar. It's a very difficult puzzle game, one of the few games I've been unable to solve on my own. Has a nice art style and a surreal story, too. For this little, just click and buy it.  :)

-- Antichamber 90% off, a 3D exploration-puzzle game, reminiscent of Portal. Again, just buy it for this little.

-- Valkyria Chronicles 25% off

-- Age of Wonders 3 66% off

-- Tropico 5 60% off

-- M&B Warband 75% off

-- Xenonauts 50% off

-- The Banner Saga 75% off

-- Legend of Grimrock 1 80% off

-- Legend of Grimrock 2 35% off

and more.

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

Saved by Playstation's Flash Sale. Both PS4 Walking Dead seasons are up for $6.49 each.

Son'ys understanding of a flash sale is a bit weird, it's for 5 days.

Dragon Age: Inquisition and The Evil Within are both up. The latter at 50% off.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Stick of Truth is 66% off. To be honest, I was only slightly interested and had planned to skip it. But at $14, it was a no brainer.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/213670/

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. - Julius Caesar

:facepalm: #define TRUE (!FALSE)

I ran across an article where the above statement was found in a release tarball. LOL! Who does something like this? Predictably, this oddity was found when the article's author tried to build said tarball and the compiler promptly went into cardiac arrest. If you're not a developer, imagine telling someone the literal meaning of up is "not down". Such nonsense makes computers, and developers... angry.

There really isn't much reason to skip any release that you're even half interested in these days when you can eventually get it for the price of a cup of coffee and a pastry.

There's plenty reason. Not having enough time. There's simply too many games in a backlog, why keep adding to it? At least you might get around to drinking that cup of coffee.
  • Like 2
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

There really isn't much reason to skip any release that you're even half interested in these days when you can eventually get it for the price of a cup of coffee and a pastry.

There's plenty reason. Not having enough time. There's simply too many games in a backlog, why keep adding to it? At least you might get around to drinking that cup of coffee.

If nothing else, it might just keep a developer or artists' seat in an office. 8) Well, we hope...

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. - Julius Caesar

:facepalm: #define TRUE (!FALSE)

I ran across an article where the above statement was found in a release tarball. LOL! Who does something like this? Predictably, this oddity was found when the article's author tried to build said tarball and the compiler promptly went into cardiac arrest. If you're not a developer, imagine telling someone the literal meaning of up is "not down". Such nonsense makes computers, and developers... angry.

Fair enough if you're interested in more games than you have time to play.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For those who want to pull "Crazy Ivans" at depth 800 feet, the old Sonalysts sims are on sale for $6:

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/199/?snr=1_7_7_weeklongdeals_150_2

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Lords of Xulima sale on GoG.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

• 2 months later...

And another Lords of Xulima sale on GoG.

70% off for Deluxe edition... For me it's 8,29EUR...

http://www.gog.com/news/lords_of_xulima_70_off_promo_contest

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

And now Lords of Xulima is in the humble bundle :p

Thanks for letting us know! I have it already for quite some time but a few of my friends have it on their wishlist, need to tell them. Humble bundle is cool. 

Just let them know it's the Weekly Bundle, not the normal Humble :)

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).