Pictures of your games Part 4

LadyCrimson

IWD2 is tough even at normal difficulty! Just leaving the tutorial version of Targos behind, and then my party came upon some well organized orcs, and we just about got wiped out:

8ska.jpg

Two of us tossed flammable oil on those pesky kegs, and then we needed to take out a shaman and lots of archers fast. Ouch! Hopefully PE will be just as challenging. I mean, NWN2 at normal difficulty was a cake walk this early on. :)

EDIT: Forgot to mention that this is with five lvl 2-characters and one lvl 1 (a deep gnome with ECL4!).

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

did you get to the bridge? or are you yet to see that fight?

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

It's still sad for me to see how much IWD2 looked worse than IWD1. What have they done to the Infinity Engine?

It running like total crap on my systems (which ran the other IE-games bar PS:T fine) didn't help either.

Sure it wasn't total screen corruption like PS:T, but still...

It's kinda sad I don't really remember that much more from IWD2 than that :/

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

IWD 2 has the best fights of any IE game imo (with IWD being close second), that just elevates it to legendary status in my eyes.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

sorophx: You seem to be right about the fights! :w00t:  So far my party has reached the stage where you're supposed to rescue all the village hostages from that darn orc chieftain. Well, two of them went in there, invisible (as per the woman's pro-tip), and there were dozens of orcs. However, one of them was a fire starter, so if his arrow reached the kegs surrounding the poor villages, they would all go ka-boom. Being a reasonably kind, but greedy, party, those two sacrificed themselves. They backstabbed and attacked that fire starter and became visible instantly, and then they were torn to pieces in a few rounds (at level 3). The rest of my party entered the orc compound at that stage and began mowing their way towards the hostages. When they finally prevailed, they found their poor party members butchered. I missed that Moonblade could heal, so I dragged them all back to town, and coughed up some big dough to revive them. One of them was an elf, so only Resurrection worked on her. Two thirds of all the money we'd got from killing scores of orcs went up in white smoke. This game takes no prisoners!! :no:

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

"Two of us tossed flammable oil on those pesky kegs, and then we needed to take out a shaman and lots of archers fast. Ouch! Hopefully PE will be just as challenging. I mean, NWN2 at normal difficulty was a cake walk this early on. :)"

IWD2 was easy. And, outside of a couple of fights and, the fights were horribly boring, unoriginal, and non entertaining. IWD was a fantastic game but outside of the character system IWD2 was a huge fail. It is the ONLY IE game I could not finish because of how awful it was.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Mod work for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition. All work and no play right now.

post-1458-0-42729500-1398313770_thumb.jpg

post-1458-0-48951900-1398313829_thumb.jpg

post-1458-0-64557000-1398313851_thumb.jpg

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Guest Slinky

I hope someone mods the original GUI back in. How that one is 'enhanced' is a genuine mystery to me.

I remember only that the "enhanced" version showed the damage of your weapons and such a little bit clearer, but even then I don't really understand why someone would prefer not to have even that?

I finished a fun Metroidvania-style platformer called Hell Yeah!: The Wrath of The Dead Rabbit. The main course was defeating about 100 mini-bosses, each one has unique shape, animation, attacks, and also a name, a real name (the entire game takes place in Hell, and everyone's a damned soul) and a short bio, all of those collected into a Codex. This one made me laugh out loud:
Me0XDYY.jpg

(old nostalgic fart voice)
Back in my day, when we had B-sides, son...

Edited by Endrosz
  • Like 2

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

Well, I've passed that bridge in IWD2 now. This is a screenie just before we were victorious (more or less):

ehri.jpg

However, seconds after this, three of my party members chucked three flammable oil/lamp oil flasks over the two ogres and a wounded Xyxi. We sacrificed that huge rhino beetle butting one of the ogre's hinie just to try to take those baddies out. It actually worked. Two ogres and a pesky wizard all in one burning inferno.  :)

Unfortunately, Indira got caugh in the blast and died for the second time in this game, along with our main cleric, so it was a sad return to Targos, finding out that rez costs are adaptive vis-à-vis level and perhaps even amount of gold. This time, it set us back for more than 3,000 gp.

The bridge itself, and the road leading onto it, weren't that bad. A great fight, absolutely, but nothing entirely back-breaking. My party is almost all fighter types with strong clerical elements. I have one character that dabbles as a wizard just in order to get a few neat spells, like identify. In D&D CRPGs, I rarely use wizards. Not that I think they are cool, but having a bunch of them usually is quite time-consuming, so I guess I opt for more laid-back alternatives.

I had a very funky party in IWD2, also, I refused to level it up and went pretty far with a lv. 6-7 party, making fight terribly hard at times but very rewarding. I actually made it all the way to the monks in the caves 

Walsingham said:

My experience with IWD2 was that I started with only two characters, and got to up around the ice palace-type level (no memory of what that place actually is), at whiich point it got a bit too hard for my tastes and I added two more to finish the game with.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I'm replaying Mask of the the Betrayer, this time with a character who gives in to the Hunger. I'm consulting GameBanshee's excellent walkthrough on the way. In the Barrow section, if you use the Imaskari Rod to open the path to the Upper Barrow, a lich from the ancient Imarkari Empire appears. Quite a freaky encounter, and I always ended up fighting him. The GB walkthrough mentions that if you take a talkative stance with the lich, he'll just walk away, and then later join you for a while in Nighthore (status: unconfirmed).

Well I can confirm that it's:

1. true

2. awesome

Maric the ancient lich joins your party while you're trying to get first place in line in Coveya Kurg'Annis. The first place is held by another lich, Ankhriva, and when the two meet, a lich showdown ensues! Maric first talks Ankhriva's minions into submission, then proceeds to threaten the other lich, who's much younger and less powerful than him.

cH5b0yE.jpg

End result:

jCxxQTj.jpg

Ha actually has a reason for talking to the Slumbering Coven (asking them what happened to the Imaskari Empire and stuff), and when the Mistress states that you're forbidden to enter, he just makes this hilarious comedy routine exit:

wEdM1xT.jpg

Maric dear, you literal old fossil, I miss you!

Edited by Endrosz
  • Like 7

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

one of my builds in MWO (bar the paint job, too expensive for me):

MWOClient_2014_04_24_23_30_42_377.jpg

since then I've switched to Large Lasers from Medium ones and removed my guided missiles in favor of more unguided short range ones. proved to be a good move, since I got my best match soon afterwards: 7 kills and almost 1500 damage.

and some DCS goodness:

Screen_131006_183923.jpg

they've added a new plane to DCS World, so now people have two free planes to play with! 

Screen_140429_000405.jpg

they've also updated the free Su-25T to bring it to Flaming Cliffs 3 standards, it has a new ****pit and is enjoyable to fly now.

unfortunately, the latest patch also broke my F/A-18C addon (it's dependent on the F-15, which has been changed), so I can't fly that anymore :(

Screen_140420_184057.jpg

Screen_140420_183813.jpg

• Like 1
Walsingham said: