Pictures of your games Part 4

LadyCrimson

Guest Slinky

Sheesh, also shows all those other things like aim and health about trillion times better than vanilla. The other thing besides the less than perfectly functioning engine that irritated me in XCOM was how cumbersome it was managing the soldiers.

Plugged in names from an MMO guild I used to be part of as proof of concept, a few hundred names into the generator (see the edit to the above post) and pulled these out of that pool randomly.

oh, it doesn't actually generate new names, simply copies the names you paste in :(

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Yeah, unfortunately the Obsidian member list doesn't lend itself to easy extraction, gotta remember my regexes now if I want to be able to pull it out without manually deleting hundreds of lines of junk. Plus I don't know what'll happen to special characters, will find out soon.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Welp, there it is. In an amazing fluke, the game generated myself (itself a small chance) with the correct nationality. I've attached the namelist file which contains the top 200 members purely by post count, which also conveniently is just about on the 1000 post threshold.

Delete the .txt extension from the file, the forum software didn't like it when I tried to upload it as a .ini file. Usual disclaimer in that I'm not responsible for blowing up your PC, etc, the game might react weirdly if I haven't encountered a special character that's improperly handled yet.

P.S. The namefile is neutral and doesn't require the use of Long War or any other mod, but be aware that there are two DefaultNameList.ini files that need to be replaced, one is for the base game, the other is for Enemy Within (in the XEW subdirectory).

EDIT: If you want the raw names:

alanschu

Volourn

metadigital

Judge Hades

Dark_Raven

Darque

Fionavar

Morgoth

Gorth

Tale

EnderAndrew

GhostofAnakin

Musopticon

Purkake

ShadowPaladin V1

Tigranes

Calax

mkreku

LadyCrimson

jaguars4ever

Hurlshot

Oner

Llyranor

Drudanae

Pidesco

Bokishi

Monte Carlo

Walsingham

WorstUsernameEver

Slowtrain

Xard

Meshugger

Deadly_Nightshade

Malcador

Diogo Ribeiro

Hassat Hunter

CoM_Solaufein

Kaftan Barlast

Cantousent

213374U

Lephys

Nepenthe

Baley

WILL THE ALMIGHTY

SteveThaiBinh

kirottu

Deraldin

Gromnir

Pop

Maria Caliban

C2B

Rosbjerg

Krookie

Sand

thepixiesrock

entrerix

kumquatq3

Gorgon

Gfted1

Keyrock

Sturm

Child of Flame

rjshae

Amentep

sorophx

Laozi

Jediphile

Orogun01

Raithe

OLD SKOOL WHEELMAN

Jorian Drake

Labadal

BruceVC

DSLuke

Nick_i_am

Oerwinde

Arkan

roshan

Darth Sun_Tzu

Humanoid

Hell Kitty

Enoch

Starwars

Osvir

Phosphor

funcroc

Nartwak

Spider

Drakron

RPGmasterBoo

Majek

Sensuki

Bos_hybrid

JFSOCC

newc0253

Mamoulian War

taks

vaxen83

DeathScepter

Slinky

Nur Ab Sal

Craigboy2

Jaesun

Iolo

Drowsy Emperor

Nightshape

Sarjahurmaaja

Wrath of Dagon

karka

Lexx

melkathi

Craftsman

Plano Skywalker

Atreides

Kor Qel Droma

jodo kast 5

Rhomal

Lancer

IndiraLightfoot

DAWUSS

GreasyDogMeat

Magister Lajciak

Weiser_Cain

Shadowstrider

Dark Moth

Nonek

Hormalakh

AGX-17

NightandtheShape

Darth Flatus

Petay

Zoraptor

KaineParker

Jad'en

AlanC9

Azure79

Haitoku

astr0creep

TrashMan

Archmonarch

Diamond

Ivan the Terrible

ShinIchiro

Jedi Master D Murda

ramza

Darth Sirius

Stargate 2000

Flouride

WDeranged

xanas3712

nightcleaver

The Architect

KOTORFanactic

Zoma

PrimeJunta

Surreptishus

Ieo

Sargallath Abraxium

ShadowDrakken

NeverwinterKnight

Leferd

Pope

Karzak

Shryke

Sacred_Path

Ellester

Topaz Quasar

Aristes

Sannom

Moatilliatta

LoneWolf16

The Great Phantom

Hydrogen

Darth_Gandalf

dufflover

TrueNeutral

Bastilla_Skywalker

Syraxis

steelfiredragon

starwarskid15_19

Dethangels Shadow

Thorton_AP

Karranthain

Fenghuang

AwesomeOcelot

Whitemithrandir

SilverSun

nikolokolus

Lord Satasn

greylord

Epiphany

Darkside

WITHTEETH

Jarmo

Darth Launch

Stun

Wombat

samm

Di

TwinkieGorilla

oE3f6Hf.jpg

DefaultNameList.ini.txt

Edited by Humanoid
  • Like 3

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

More on Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect:

5hzs.jpg

I have so much fun with this maverick convo system! Here's an example of it's set up.

28lv.jpg

And there are loads and loads of puzzles, which I usually do like, and in this case nearly none of them have been too hard for me so far. :)

dt2o.jpg

This game really rewards compulsively curious clickers like me! You can click on like half the fixtures and interiors and items and what not, and Tex Murphy will deliver a VOed line about it. Geez, that actor must have read a billion lines into the game. Wow! And this to me, in an adventure game, is very fun and rewarding. Even clicking on an empty, boring bookshelf gets you gems like this! :w00t: 

• Like 3

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Keyrock: Great pics! I loved that one, about LARPers (and they will get a fitting end beyond ends...).

I finished this game yesterday, and I clocked in at a mighty 16 hours. There were heaps of surprises and some mighty frustrating puzzles, but I enjoyed immensely. Definitely worth a buy, so I decided to upload a few screenies for you to enjoy! :)

nrlx.jpg

I'm very curious how the game will end for Keyrock, Humanoid and all others that play it through. As you can see, the game saw it fit to give me the second highest PI rank, but otherwise, my ending was very surprising and often drastic:

-----

WARNING! HEAVY SPOILERS!! Don't click on this if you are still playing the game or so!

I think I've read that there are five endings in total.

vrca.jpg

I didn't get the girls of my dreams, but at least I got Sapphire, who can be a bit overbearing at times.

leuu.jpg

My ending was grey, but not dull at all!

cslt.jpg

Let's just say I kept the egg, and then things got really intense. Some stuff even blow into smithereens, and the puzzles were maddening!

-----------------------

xsh8.jpg

Tex finally got tired of my clicking on everything! :w00t:

61e1.jpg

And here's a nice wink to all of us RPG enthusiasts.

I will probably not replay it in a while, but it was very entertaining indeed. :)

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Finished up Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Joint:

I managed to achieve maximum detective rating:

LPSQmNB.jpg

My ending was different from IndiraLightfoot's

0U5DTx3.jpg

My ending was actually a full-on happy ending, complete with Chelsee reunion.

wjyF1sM.jpg

I also managed to get all 16 Mike & Ike Candy Comics netting me a "Day 13"

Z09hs4i.jpg

I wonder what's in that save game?

It's just that locked storage room you couldn't open in Tex's office during the game.  There are just a bunch of pictures and video clips to click on in there

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Yay, Keyrock!! Congratz! :w00t:

You got the ending I was aiming for all along, so now I know it's possible. Thanks for sharing that and what happened if you got all those comic books. Without you, I would have had to replay the entire game just to learn that. Hehe, and vice versa of course. You now know what would have happened if you made two bad choices at the end and missed one comic book. :)

I just think I happen to off a guy or two in the last two days, and the game ending even reprimanded me for doing so, as it were.

• Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Harpoon fanatics may experience a spot of deja vu with this re-imagining of the classic Dawn Patrol scenarios:

Mk5DTzE.jpg

In the year 2016, the Russian Navy decides a show of force in the Arctic Circle is in order, deploying their new Gremyashchy class corvettes along with Nanuchka missile boats for FON operations in the Barents against the Norwegian stealth frigate, Fridtjof Nansen, that has been sortied against them. Little do they realise that pre-positioned Skjold-class stealth corvettes are also lying in wait amongst the hazardous rocks that are the hallmark of the Finnmark coast.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Looks like a debug on google earth.

• Like 3

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

It certainly a big step-up from the game's predecessor:

harpoon3screenshot1tf9.png

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

They'll probably add an aero theme next. After that, the sky is the limit

• Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

They'll probably add an aero theme next. After that, the sky is the limit

2367515373_515ff7a325.jpg

The game also models submarine and aerial warfare, and the database goes all the way from the Korean War where F-86es and MiG-15s were duking it out all the way to to the near future with F-22s, F-35s, and J-20s (including some shelved programs like the YF-23 Black Widow and the proposed navalised, variable geometry Raptor, the F-24).

Edited by Agiel

-Rod Serling

speaking of aircraft, had some fun in DCS tonight.

Screen_140517_162953.jpg

first we harassed some AI pilots flying near our base
Screen_140518_205029.jpg

turned out, losing all your tail doesn't mean you can't fly if you're AI...

Screen_140518_204533.jpg

or your nose.

Screen_140518_205153.jpg

the Eagle sure is majectic...

Screen_140518_172838.jpg

until you try and land without gears

Screen_140517_160300.jpg

or get hit with a rocket 

Screen_140518_173441.jpg

;(

but, on a good note, I finally figured out the key to assist while locking on with Mavericks on the A-10C. prior to today I had to manually control their camera to try and get a good lock (anyone who's seen its camera feed knows it's a PITA). but today I finally figured out how to force them to lock if slaved to my targeting pod's tracked target. 

time to replay those more difficult missions it seems  :dancing:

Edited by sorophx
  • Like 3
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.