Pictures of your games Part 4

LadyCrimson

depends on which one you mean.

Standalone - absolutely not (yet). it's still very raw, unfinished and the release will happen only in 2015, I reckon. it hardly has any features and a ton of bugs still, I find it unplayable in its current condition. not worth the money

mod (meaning buying Arma 2 with Operation Arrowhead) - yes, because it has 10+ variations of DayZ absolutely free (so buying Arma games with a discount is the only spending you'll make)

this is from DayZ Epoch, where you can build bases (like in Minecraft/Rust). also, it's not on a vanilla island, this is also a mod called Panthera. I love it.

it differs a lot from regular DayZ: other than base building and being able to play on other islands it has roaming AI patrols (where enabled by server admins, they shoot players on sight depending on reputation with them), loot drops (for example you can find locks to secure doors with, so no one can open them), lockable vehicles (you get a key you can make duplicates of), and AI high risk/high reward side missions (ambush a convoy, clear a bandit hideout etc.).

also, what attracts me the most is the fact that unlike DayZ in Epoch anyone can run a server, because server side files are open source, which means each server has its own database, which means people's characters are tied to certain servers, which prevents them from: combat logging, hopping servers in search for loot, playing on several servers simultaneously to try and mislead any players that threaten their base etc.

it also has two types of currencies (gold and silver) that you get from AI bosses, traders or other players, you can spend your money on stuff you can't craft or just don't want to farm for (like high-end vehicles, rare ammunition etc.)

Epoch is what DayZ standalone will one day become. and since you can get Arma 2 Combined Operations very cheap, I'd highly recommend only trying Epoch for now (once you do, even if you don't like Epoch, there are tons of other DayZ mods like Overpoch, DayZero etc.)

Edited by sorophx
  • Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I'm plugging along in Flotsam in The Witcher 2.  I did the sneaky sneaky bits around Loredo's place, did all the fist fights and arm wrestling and most of the dice games, and finished the Nekker contract.  Endregas up next, I guess.

Inspired by the upcoming World Cup, I also started up a game of Football Manager 2014.  Time to take Wisła Kraków to the top of Ekstraklasa, though I probably should have started with a lowlier club for more challenge.

Edit:  Oops, wrong thread.  Pretend I posted a picture, or something.  :p

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Did you partake in sexy time in the pool?

I will, regrettably, not be having sexy time with a certain red headed sorceress in the pool when I get there (likely later today).  I'm doing a strictly platonic with Triss playthrough, which will be my canon.  I chose Shani in TW1 and Triss is getting friend zoned in TW2.  Then in TW3, I'm running straight into Yennefer's arms if and when we're reunited.  I'm also trying to keep as many people alive as possible.  I saved Vesna, Abigail, and Adda, cured Vincent, and spared Berengar in TW1, spared Aryan, will save Phillipa, spare Sile, Saskia, and Letho.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Most sexy time. Triss is super hawt. But I am a little worried about Yen later. Then again, there wasn't much drama in the books about it, so... Maybe it'll be all cool and stuff.

Other than that, I actually never finished Witcher 1. :p The game became just way too much running around for me + all the long loading times. I just couldn't bear it any longer and stopped playing at some point. Since then I never felt motivated to pick it up again.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Most sexy time. Triss is super hawt. But I am a little worried about Yen later. Then again, there wasn't much drama in the books about it, so... Maybe it'll be all cool and stuff.

Other than that, I actually never finished Witcher 1. :p The game became just way too much running around for me + all the long loading times. I just couldn't bear it any longer and stopped playing at some point. Since then I never felt motivated to pick it up again.

You could always scour the interwebs for TW1 save games, as there are places where people have put their save games online with every conceivable combination of choices in TW1, in case you want specific choices to funnel down into TW2, and, presumably, TW3.  That is, if you haven't done that already.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Nope, haven't done it. Always thought there weren't many choices taken over anyway (other than some items you would get anyway to the end of TW1?). And I still wonder if any of that will have influence on W3.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Nope, haven't done it. Always thought there weren't many choices taken over anyway (other than some items you would get anyway to the end of TW1?). And I still wonder if any of that will have influence on W3.

I suspect Adda living or dying will be the most significant of the choices from TW1 going forward.  It, like most choices from TW1, is only really referred to briefly in conversation or mentioned in books in TW2.  Although Adda is unlikely to be near the top of the list for Temerian succession, what, with the whole Striga thing hanging over her head, I suspect she'll have a role to play in TW3, or not (on account of being dead if you killed her in TW1).

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Edit:  Oops, wrong thread.  Pretend I posted a picture, or something.  :p

I might have accidentally posted my pictures in the "What are you playing now.." thread. Just play it cool, act like it was meant to be.. play it cool.. play it cool..

;(

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

arma2oa_2014_06_09_21_41_51_792.jpg

finally farmed enough gold for an armed Vodnik, which is a beast. two days and two briefcases of gold bars later we have an armored all-road amphibious vehicle with not 1 but 2 PKP machine guns (Russian 7.62 mm). nothing can stop us on land

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

'till somebody shows up with an M2 Bradley :D

• Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

not on this server, fortunately ;) only thing I have to fear is an AH-6J

Walsingham said: