Pictures of your games Part 4

LadyCrimson

This ma and pa store I went to was already selling them 11 hours early

Sweet.  Is that a console version or did it activate on Uplay (I'm assuming the PC version requires Uplay)?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Arma can be really weird at times
arma2oa_2013_08_15_17_57_10_346.jpg

arma2oa_2013_09_01_23_05_02_273.jpg

arma3_2014_03_12_23_22_58_349.jpg

I guess it's stuff like this that turns people off, their loss I say

arma2oa_2014_05_23_18_12_15_186.jpg

arma3_2014_05_26_19_13_20_650_P.jpg

arma3_2014_05_26_19_14_00_692_P.jpg

arma3_2013_12_15_21_12_51_489.jpg

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I can't get me to continue with the game. The controls are so blurry and bleh... it's just not fun.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I imagine those kids either get kidnapped or killed.  At least, that's standard vengeful protagonist backstory.

Edit:  I won't be able to play my copy until tomorrow, or late night tonight (I took tomorrow off, so I can stay up if I want).  My copy is just a slip of paper that came with my video card with a code on it.  I redeemed it and Uplay will activate the game when it officially releases.  I wish it would at least let me pre-load the game so I won't have to wait an hour or two while it downloads tonight/tomorrow.  All good, I'll just play Gothic 3 and Sleeping Dogs until then.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Colour me surprised with those pictures. Never thought Aiden would be the type at the head of a wholesome American nuclear family in a suburban two-story house with a nice hardwood floor. 

I can picture him having dinner - 

Aiden's Wife: "Honey, you're wearing that shady outfit. Are you dispensing vigilante justice again? You promised me you'd leave that and settle down."

Aiden: *Distressed look on his face, voice cracks*...No."

Aiden's Wife: "Awww... I knew I could trust you. *plants a kiss on Aiden's cheek* Muah."

Edited by Agiel
  • Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Colour me surprised with those pictures. Never thought Aiden would be the type at the head of a wholesome American nuclear family in a suburban two-story house with a nice hardwood floor. 

Aiden's Wife: "Honey, you're wearing that shady outfit. Are you dispensing vigilante justice again? You promised me you'd leave that and settle down."

Aiden's Wife: "Awww... I knew I could trust you. *plants a kiss on Aiden's cheek* Muah."

I'm thinking the All American June Cleaver-esque wife winds up getting "killed" which sends Aiden down a path of revenge which leads him into a much deeper conspiracy way over his head.  Near the end it's revealed that June Cleaver didn't get killed at all, in fact she's the main villain of the story and has been manipulating Aiden all along for sinister reasons that don't really make any sense at all, but it's all good because SHOCKING PLOT TWIST!

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I'm thinking the All American June Cleaver-esque wife winds up getting "killed" which sends Aiden down a path of revenge which leads him into a much deeper conspiracy way over his head. Near the end it's revealed that June Cleaver didn't get killed at all, in fact she's the main villain of the story and has been manipulating Aiden all along for sinister reasons that don't really make any sense at all, but it's all good because SHOCKING PLOT TWIST!

I'd buy 10 hours of that for 60 bucks

All the DLC too

• Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

I'm thinking the All American June Cleaver-esque wife winds up getting "killed" which sends Aiden down a path of revenge which leads him into a much deeper conspiracy way over his head. Near the end it's revealed that June Cleaver didn't get killed at all, in fact she's the main villain of the story and has been manipulating Aiden all along for sinister reasons that don't really make any sense at all, but it's all good because SHOCKING PLOT TWIST!

All the DLC too

Ubisoft Soulless Executive - "We're glad you feel that way, Mr. ShadySands.  If you don't mind, may I call you Shady? (/does not wait for ShadySands to answer) We, here at Ubisoft, are committed to giving you, our valued customer, the best value for their hard earned dollar.  That's why we'd like to offer you, Shady, this Season Pass package.  For the low low discount price of $19.95, you, our dearly valued customer, will be treated to all the DLC content we release after the game...  except the content we deem later to not be part of the Season Pass package.  Let me assure you, Shady, that the value of this package, if bought separately, will far exceed the low low asking price of $19.95.  We offer you, our valued customer, this deal because we are committed to offering you the highest gaming value around."

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Yeah, I noticed the pirate version is out too.

Of course, according to news reports the pirate version has been loaded with bitminer software and a bunch of other malware and zombie-network making paraphernalia.

Does that count as some form of irony?

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

All the DLC too

Ubisoft Soulless Executive - "We're glad you feel that way, Mr. ShadySands. If you don't mind, may I call you Shady? (/does not wait for ShadySands to answer) We, here at Ubisoft, are committed to giving you, our valued customer, the best value for their hard earned dollar. That's why we'd like to offer you, Shady, this Season Pass package. For the low low discount price of $19.95, you, our dearly valued customer, will be treated to all the DLC content we release after the game... except the content we deem later to not be part of the Season Pass package. Let me assure you, Shady, that the value of this package, if bought separately, will far exceed the low low asking price of $19.95. We offer you, our valued customer, this deal because we are committed to offering you the highest gaming value around."

I'll take 2 please

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

I finally did it!!! :w00t:

There is this holy grail of achievements in Company of Heroes 2, at least after a certain patch in September last year. It's in a theatre of war pack called Case Blue. As the Germans in this scenario, your mission is to defeat an absurdly large force of Soviet partisans that call in tanks, flamethrower infantry and machine gun trucks. And you, well, have nothing at the beginning but an engineer and some basic resources. For each patch, this mission has stacked this mission in the favour so extremely that being wiped out after 15-20 minutes is a given. And you will get overrun and won't even be near a victory. I've been trying my hand at this scenario for months this year. My total matches and losses stacked up to 20, when I now, today, finally scraped up a very close victory. The huge rush of adrenaline and the huge joy of finally beating this mission (and this is Conscript level, mind you - Captain and General levels are basically impossible since Sep 2013) is greater than great!! It's well up there when games used to be really difficult, and I still was young and elated over beating a game after like half a year or a year of hard trying and lots of failed attempts and regrouping and new tactics devised.

Just wow!! :aiee:

lf5m.jpg

Here's my shiny and most well-deserved medal! For once, an achievement was indeed an achievement.

j99ux.jpg

As you can see, you need to be much better than the AI to even stand a chance in this mission.

o20tk.jpg

Still, one faulty move on my behalf - just one - and the Ai would have snatched the victory from my hands yet again.

tq9a.jpg

Look hard at this screen, coz there ain't many people that have seen what lies beyond the victory screen here! :rolleyes:

• Like 3

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

An achievement that's actually an achievement..? What is this?! DO YOU NOT KNOW HOW MANY HAND-HELD-SINCE-BIRTH LITTLE HEARTS YOU ARE BREAKING NOW?!?

• Like 2

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Sorry...

And I saw a weird typo in my text. It should read  "For each patch, this mission has stacked this scenario in the favour of the AI so extremely that being wiped out after 15-20 minutes is a given".

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Hmm she looks a lot like a character that was introduced in Walking Dead.. The silent survivor girl. Also a bit of psychopat.

Which season of Walking Dead?

I mean to finally finish Season1 soon.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).