Pictures of your games Part 4

LadyCrimson

Is that the Star Wars game that famously has one of the worst final boss fights ever (Vader, I think), or is it the other one?  I know there were 2 of these games, Force Unleashed, or whatever.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

More nonsensical than all Lucas' prequels put together

x2Cohj2.jpg

if you're not with me, then you're my enemy

Huh. It's almost like Darth is slapping him in the face.. Over and over again.

Btw, want to read my review of Force Unleashed? :D

"I will admit that if the choice was between seeing my nephew play this game, and between letting him pull the legs off spiders for entertainment, I would have a hard time making a choice. But rather than meddle in such false and completely unrewarding philosophical problems, I think avoiding this game altogether might be an entirely valid option."

The injustice must end! Sign the petition and Free the Krug!

This game feels like a final middlefinger to Georgie before the EU got canned

7ylhcgz.jpg

CskGio5.jpg

sNHq3VV.jpg

0lYQO9a.png

I would've liked something more in the vein of Jedi Academy rather than cinematic nonsense. Wasted potential.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Wasted potential, yes. Was funny, played through Jedi Outcast again -- still a good game, just very difficult (or, it isn't gated down a tube, and the tutorial doesn't take up most of the first act)..

But I don't think it's very curious that a game like Force Unleashed would exist. It's this cross between the other story-driven Star Wars games and a more .."serious" format (in first person) with it's own spin-off story. Which in a sense is exactly what Jedi Outcast (and Dark Forces) was at the time. A darker spinoff for the..somewhat ageing Star Wars audience.

And I don't think the game would have been so terrifyingly bad if it hadn't been written by a room full of shrill right-wing bloggers, who apparently took turns at challenging each other with the most comical combination of messiah-exceptionalism and false moral equivalence. Before they had a skilled accountant fuse down the most gut-wrenching bits of text in a way that parsed grammatically.

And it could have been a neat setup if the segments of the game hadn't been designed by a committee of people with difficulty holding their concentration for more than three minutes at a time.

---

Anyway. Playing through Xenogears again (on the psp - had to hyper an emulator to get the pic).

xenogears7vr.jpg

See - that's how you write childish nonsense!

The injustice must end! Sign the petition and Free the Krug!

can't, unfortunately, but you can be a jet in Firefall  :biggrin:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

As I was on my way out of the subway exit....

image.jpg

...this bozo -that had finished up beating some poor sod- came straight towards me

image.jpg

...and I started doing things "routinely" if you know what I mean:

image.jpg

...as busy I was, crushing the remaining bones of my oponents face, I couldn't help but to notice the gunshot in the background....the old man still had it:

image.jpg

...and that my friends, was the reason why we all agreed to beat the living **** out of him:

image.jpg

FIN!

Edited by Cat Food
  • Like 2

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

It's crazy how much better old sprite games hold up than early 3D model games.

mT7syDy.jpg

I mean, that's a GBA game from 2001, a freakin' handheld game, and it looks a lot better, in my opinion, than many 3D model games on home consoles or PC as recently as 2004 or 2005.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

It's crazy how much better old sprite games hold up than early 3D model games.

mT7syDy.jpg

I mean, that's a GBA game from 2001, a freakin' handheld game, and it looks a lot better, in my opinion, than many 3D model games on home consoles or PC as recently as 1996 or 1997.

I agree

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

only lv. 27? I guess you missed the bug where you could cap any battleframe just by standing near a certain spot in one of the locations 

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.