Rosbjerg

Far Cry 3 is awesome, if a bit repetitive in the later stages. I paid day-one money for it and thought it was well worth that price.

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Guys, is Game Dev Tycoon any good?

I haven't played it in a while but I found it a fun game for a couple of play throughs.  The reason I stopped was the amount of guesswork involved.  Training up your developers shouldn't be based on a guess, which was the case when you have to send someone on a training course to actually find out what stats some of the courses improved.  This, coupled with the tight schedule for everything, was frustrating.  I've noticed a few updates over the last month or so, so the issues I had with it may have been fixed.  As I said, I enjoyed it for a couple of plays but I didn't really find any long term value in it, which was fine.  For the price I definitely got my money's worth despite what were. in my opinion, minor flaws.

On a similar note, not having played any of the Elder Scrolls games, is Skyrim a good starting point for a newcomer to the series?

On a similar note, not having played any of the Elder Scrolls games, is Skyrim a good starting point for a newcomer to the series?

It's as good as any.  There is, I guess, a storyline that continues throughout the series, but this is Bethesda writing we're talking about, so it's not exactly memorable, hence, you're not really missing out on anything by not having played the earlier entries first.  Bethesda games aren't really about story, anyway, they're about having a giant sandbox to **** around in.  Morrowind had the most interesting sandbox, but even with the graphical overhaul mods, the character models and animations can be quite jarring.  Skyrim has the least ****ty combat of all the Bethesda games, though still quite ****ty.  Plus, FUS RO DAH-ing chumps off cliffs never gets old.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I just bought it two days ago and as my first game in the Elder scrolls games Im having fun so far. Dunno anything about the lore though.

Morrowind was interesting to me, but wore me out with the constant running about in Vivec, so I didn't get overly far. Oblivion I despised, I'd go as far as to say it's the worst game I've ever purchased (with CivCTP and ME3 rounding out the podium). With that in mind, I can genuinely say I enjoyed Skyrim. Didn't finish it, didn't even come close, and have no interest in the DLC whatsoever. Winced at some of the writing, refused to even go through with some of the most ridiculous aspects of its railroading, and cursed Bethesda a lot, but in the end, fully worth the money. A game on contradictions I guess.

On topic, first and only planned purchase of the sale thus far, Euro Truck Simulator 2: Going East DLC.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I grabbed State of Decay for 50% off, that's it for me. Have christmas to worry about.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Yeah, was looking at Infinite and SR4, and saw, with DLC... it was too much money. So waiting some more.

Got enough other games anyway.

And... I was wondering why TSLRCM suddenly rose 30 spots on moddb, but it seems it's on a flashsale. 50% off though, I bought it for less last sale.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

A good flash sale... Max Payne 3 with all DLC for 7 euro. Sold!

Also get Serious Sam III if you want! (I already got it)

EDIT:

I love Steam sales of KOTOR2. TSLRCM ranked #7 mod now...

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

was gonna get xcom: enemy unknown for $9.99... then we saw that there is an amazon deal that offers a bunch o' previous xcom games, xcom: enemy unkown and dlc for the same $9.99.

http://www.amazon.com/XCOM-Collection-Online-Game-Code/dp/B00ECHYTKY/ref=pd_ys_sf_s_468642_b2_11_p?ie=UTF8&refRID=1FF9J8S0A0SAP65D3TYA

seems like a deal.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

was gonna get xcom: enemy unknown for $9.99... then we saw that there is an amazon deal that offers a bunch o' previous xcom games, xcom: enemy unkown and dlc for the same $9.99.

http://www.amazon.com/XCOM-Collection-Online-Game-Code/dp/B00ECHYTKY/ref=pd_ys_sf_s_468642_b2_11_p?ie=UTF8&refRID=1FF9J8S0A0SAP65D3TYA

seems like a deal.

HA! Good Fun!

You should really shell out for the expansion as well Grom, it makes it a much better game and all the extra maps mean that the random missions don't become so repetitive towards the end.

Is Far Cry 3 worth anything at all? It's now on sale for €7.49, but I'm hesitant because I wouldn't want **** cluttering my HD nor be paying for it.

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Would Payday 2 be worth it? I know Last Light is (although I own it), but from the look of it, Payday would need for me to have a few friends to properly play.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

seems like a deal.

HA! Good Fun!

You should really shell out for the expansion as well Grom, it makes it a much better game and all the extra maps mean that the random missions don't become so repetitive towards the end.

we read reviews that claimed the expansion kinda screwed with game balance-- made some stuff far too ez. dunno. will play some significant portion w/o expansion before deciding to invest another $30. am not hard-up for the cash, but is the principle o' the matter.  

btw, we did a handful o' missions before we discovered that when rookies get promoted, their role assignment is complete random. somehow we ended up with every newbie being a heavy. gotta freaking save right before end o' mission if we wanna have some control over assignments... screwy design choice.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)