RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

Guest Slinky

Not one Ultima, no Betrayal at Krondor, no gold box game, not even EOB 2 or Pool of Radiance? I'm sorry internet list, I really didn't wish to do this but i'm afraid that I will have to shake my head and tut. There serves you right.

Next thing you'll expect them to remember Eye of the Beholder or Might and Magic :p

Legends of Valour!

Especially now that British gaming journalists have been mentioned :p

Not one Ultima, no Betrayal at Krondor, no gold box game, not even EOB 2 or Pool of Radiance? I'm sorry internet list, I really didn't wish to do this but i'm afraid that I will have to shake my head and tut. There serves you right.

While they don't say it out loud, looks like this is a list of rpgs you can play without an emulator like dosbox.

I really need to run the whole krynn series, i've never played champions or death knights.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

http://www.pcgamesn.com/15-best-rpgs-pc

So what do you guys think about this list of the top 15 RPG of all time, its not bad and seems reasonable? I am surprised they haven't mentioned Gothic at all :skeptical:

That's not a bad list.  

Critiques:

* Deus Ex should be much higher

* Where the **** is Gothic 2?

* Where the **** is Ultima 7?

* Where the **** is Betreyal at Krondor?

* As much as I like Shadowrun Returns, it has no business being on that list

* As much as I like Anachronox, it has no business being on that list

* If I was going to include a loot em' up on my list (which I probably wouldn't), I would have gone with Titan Quest over Torchlight 2 (and yes, over Diablo 2)

* I LOVE The Witcher 2, and CDPR in general, but even I wouldn't put it ahead of Baldur's Gate 2

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

He actually mentions quite a few times that he was creating a list of games that have held up well on modern computers, and not one of those looks all that good today.  

He actually mentions quite a few times that he was creating a list of games that have held up well on modern computers, and not one of those looks all that good today.  

They certainly don't look any worse than Arcanum.

In fact some of the older 2D titles work better graphically purely by the strength of using images rather than poor early 3D models.

garbage list. Way too many within the last  yearish picks.Torchlight 2? I ehard good things about it but come on. The new Shadowrun game which is like 15 minutes long? Come on. PST #1? Yeah, great story and characters but it is one dimensional game that  takes a good combat engine and makes the combat which there is a lot of worse. Deserves to be on the list but not #1 come on? Any ES game on it? That proves to me the writer is on crack. Come on.

As for Gothich, G2+3 are alright but top 15.. I don't know.. then again, they are better picks than about 5 that made it.

I'm gonna make my own TRUE top 15 rpgs now so everyone can now mock me and my chocies just to be fair. :p

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Without heavy modding, Morrowind has aged terribly.  Even with heavy modding, there's no way (that I know of) to get rid of those horrific animations.  I still love that game, though.  

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

They may not look good, in fact Betrayal at Krondor which i'm currently playing looks positively horrible, but I would argue their quality and gameplay is undiminished. And the graphics do their job, successfully conveying the designers intent so i'm content with them. Also the list of features included is staggering when compared to games he mentions such as Torchlight 2 and Deus Ex, though I enjoyed both of those.

Still all a matter of opinion what.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I immediately closed tab when I saw Twitcher 2 on number 2.

OMG WOW SO EDGY! HOW FAST WERE YOU?? DID YOU CLOSE IT IN UNDER 0.033 SECONDS?? PLEASE TELL US

• Like 3

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Is being butthurt over TWitcher 2 hate qualitatively better or worse than being butthurt over NWN hate? Surely a deep philosophical question for our time.

It has nothing to do with butthurt I would suspect. Not that I find the use of that term appropriate in the first place. Rather ridiculous phrase *shrug*

Drudanae doesn't like the Witcher. We all know that. But his "hate" limits itself to making a one sentence comment about "twitcher" every time the game is mentioned. It has gotten rather old and extremly predictable.

And the dwarf-fanboy calling people out on their reaction to "hate"? Kinda ironic ;)

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Is being butthurt over TWitcher 2 hate qualitatively better or worse than being butthurt over NWN hate? Surely a deep philosophical question for our time.

It has gotten rather old and extremly predictable.

• Like 1
IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/10/valve-reveals-specs-for-its-prototype-steam-machines/

I think it is step in the right direction, just that it should have been done long time ago and by another company, which is not so enforcing in the DRM field...

No online DRM is still the only reason, why I prefer to play and buy games on consoles and not on PC...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

It has nothing to do with butthurt I would suspect. Not that I find the use of that term appropriate in the first place. Rather ridiculous phrase *shrug*

Drudanae doesn't like the Witcher. We all know that. But his "hate" limits itself to making a one sentence comment about "twitcher" every time the game is mentioned. It has gotten rather old and extremly predictable.

And the dwarf-fanboy calling people out on their reaction to "hate"? Kinda ironic ;)

So why are you butthurt over his method ?

As for that list, you'd think people would just give up on reading such things.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra