RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

I am unaware of any changes to cutscenes.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Rapper wants Rockstar to pay up or destroy all units of GTA5

Yeah, somebody really should have realized that when he said "No" to the money, that didn't mean "Go right ahead, no payment necessary".

Wow, they only offered the guy $4,000 to use two of his songs?  He's going to get some mad money now, awesome.

I could swear I recall San Andreas having a similar issue. More that the music license passed. So they patched it out.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Yeah, somebody really should have realized that when he said "No" to the money, that didn't mean "Go right ahead, no payment necessary".

Pffft, what a loser. He should be grateful that they even were interested in his music. A true artist would be happy that more people are experiencing the results of his craft and not care one silch about any monetary gain. 

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Pffft, what a loser. He should be grateful that they even were interested in his music. A true artist would be happy that more people are experiencing the results of his craft and not care one silch about any monetary gain. 

Ha ha ha ha ha.

Really?

You use my sh*t, you pay for my sh*t. I've got a mortgage and kids.

Edit: Rockstar earned what? Eighty million on the opening week? And they don't pay the people who provided content? Jesus, talk about sticking up for The Man.

Edited by Monte Carlo
  • Like 1

sonsofgygax.JPG

That was supposedly why Vice City disappeared for a while a year or so back, the licensing on the music (10 years, presumably) lapsed and had to be extended.

I'm surprised Rockstar did not try to secure a license not limited in time. My knowledge of U.S. licensing law is spotty, but surely that's an option?

Agree with the review or not, I don't see how Bioshock Infinite deserves a lower score than Resident Evil 6 and Aliens: Colonial Marines. Gamespot gave those titles a 4.5.

Maybe I am used to these kind of reviews, ever played Hybrid Heaven? Read this:

http://www.gamespot.com/hybrid-heaven/

"Rent it, laugh at it, return it, and never think of it again."

...but good god, that game was awesome!

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Edit: Rockstar earned what? Eighty million on the opening week?

they earned 800 million on the first day.
  • Like 1

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Reviews... hmmm. My Amazon reviews teach me that:

(a) People are awesome and love my stuff

(b) Some people are still awesome, even though they don't love my stuff because they tell me why

(c ) Some people aren't awesome and they slag my stuff for the sake of it. But, hey, they paid their money so fair enough

(d) Haters gonna hate.

Reviews are pretty much pointless unless they come from someone on the same wavelength as you. I get reviews from people who preface their piece with "This genre isn't my thing..."

It's like me writing a review for a vampire romance when I hate vampire romances. I just don't get it.

Edited by Monte Carlo
  • Like 1

sonsofgygax.JPG

Ha ha ha ha ha.

Really?

You use my sh*t, you pay for my sh*t. I've got a mortgage and kids.

Edit: Rockstar earned what? Eighty million on the opening week? And they don't pay the people who provided content? Jesus, talk about sticking up for The Man.

Suckeeeer! You caught up to my bait like a salmon in a spring fjord :D

I doubt that it will even get to court. R* will pay a sum of money for him to drop the charges.

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I imagine Glee creators' replies to accusations of them stealing Johnathan Coulton's "Baby Got Back" cover when I read this. They didn't even give him as much as a mention in the credits, which makes it rather funny.

One of the (many) reasons Dave Grohl is awesome: He told Glee to **** off when they asked him if they could perform a FF song.

The asshat who produces Glee accused Dave of 'hating music' as a result. LOL. Glee is evil. It is evidence that the Devil walks among us.

• Like 1

sonsofgygax.JPG

That was supposedly why Vice City disappeared for a while a year or so back, the licensing on the music (10 years, presumably) lapsed and had to be extended.

I'm surprised Rockstar did not try to secure a license not limited in time. My knowledge of U.S. licensing law is spotty, but surely that's an option?

It'd be an option, yes. But the only version that would be selling in ten years would be the PC one, there'd be very little prospect of the PSBox versions selling that long, and we're talking about a 2002/3 (?) release where there was no PCDD option and unknown compatibility with new OS versions too. Under those circumstances a time limited licence would seem to be sensible because you probably wouldn't be selling the game that long.

I started playing Assassin's Creed 3, and I know you're supposed to hate it, but.. I've only played it for a couple of hours and so far I'm having a blast. It feels less pretentious than the other Assassin's Creeds (ILLUMINATI.. TEMPLARS.. IN YOUR FACE!) and the missions I've been given so far have been fun. It also runs extremely well on my system and the controls feels more streamlined now (only 23 buttons to keep track of instead of 56 thousand).

Oh, and it's absolutely beautiful to look at too. I like.

Edit: Uhm.. I absolutely not failed to put this in the right thread. It is the other 190 replies that are wrong!

Edited by mkreku
  • Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I started playing Assassin's Creed 3, and I know you're supposed to hate it, but.. I've only played it for a couple of hours and so far I'm having a blast. It feels less pretentious than the other Assassin's Creeds (ILLUMINATI.. TEMPLARS.. IN YOUR FACE!) and the missions I've been given so far have been fun. It also runs extremely well on my system and the controls feels more streamlined now (only 23 buttons to keep track of instead of 56 thousand).

Edit: Uhm.. I absolutely not failed to put this in the right thread. It is the other 190 replies that are wrong!

Your opinion is deeply flawed, you are suppose to hate AC3. Everyone knows that?

I think you need time to reflect on what you saying and then repost :skeptical:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/news/2013/10/confirmed-grand-theft-auto-breaks-six-sales-world-records-51900/

So this is really interesting, GTA V has broken 6 Guinness world records !!! These include the fastest game to reach 1 Billion in sales revenue and the game that has generated the most revenue in 24 hours. We done Rockstar !!! You should be proud of yourself and all the hard work :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Assassin's Creed IV looks more interesting to me than III, to be honest. Pirate setting + escaped slave protagonist (?) is more attractive than Colonial America which doesn't appeal to me at all.

After playing the sail side quest on 3 I began looking forward to 4 but i'm hoping that they learn to make their game experience more consistent both in the story and gameplay.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

My problem with it was that I was screaming (well my voice was slightly raised a few points from normal anyways) at the screen about how stupid the AI was.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

We keep getting Assassin's Creed games as if they were Call of Duty or something. I played the first three games in the series and after AC: Brotherhood, I sort of lost interest in the series. Hmmm, might AC3 be worth checking out? Because I am NOT going to explore Renaissance Italy for the third time.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.