RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

I consider Assassins Creed to be a guilty pleasure, despite all that is wrong with the plot and narrative of these games, I can't help but enjoy them. It's just fun faffing about, as Ben Croshaw put it.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

I give them high marks for recreating the architecture and style of certain periods of time.  Climbing Brunelleschi's Dome appeased my history geekiness.  

Yeah, I loved climbing those high spires and taking in the panoramic views of the various cities

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I give them high marks for recreating the architecture and style of certain periods of time.  Climbing Brunelleschi's Dome appeased my history geekiness.  

How would an AC set during ancient Rome make you feel?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I'd like it, but I'd rather see them take on Imperial China, maybe some sort of Yuan Dynasty storyline where you assassinate corrupt Mongols.  

I'd like it, but I'd rather see them take on Imperial China, maybe some sort of Yuan Dynasty storyline where you assassinate corrupt Mongols.  

That falls under the Altair timeline, as I recall it he left to deal with the Mongol invasion which is what lead to the Apple corrupting "what his name". But rest assuredly, if AC becomes a yearly affair like they plan we are going to be seeing a lot of history. I'm just hoping they ditch Desmond and maintain quality control, it seems they dropped the ball on AC3.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Everyone should go here and vote for Amnesia.

http://teamcoco.com/content/poll-what-scary-video-game-should-conan-play

I personally would had like to see Outlast on that list, just to see Conan's reaction to being at talking level with crazy guy penises.

village_idiot.gif

Done :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

...and voted.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

It became really dumb when it was revealed that there were already Assassins and Templars even in ancient Egypt.

• Like 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Revelations is the best AC with Ezio. Being able to train your own master assassins and do missions with them was a cool addition. Also, the best assassinations in the series.

And like in Game of Thrones RPG, badass middle-aged protagonist.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Revelations was awful. Brotherhood was best, I will cut you.

Revelations just really did not change enough from the mechanics and the plot was meaningless from the outset. Ezio goes in search of an apple that we knew back in AC1 the Templars had and lost. No more growth for him, nothing to accomplish. Just filler.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Revelations is the best AC with Ezio. Being able to train your own master assassins and do missions with them was a cool addition. Also, the best assassinations in the series.

And like in Game of Thrones RPG, badass middle-aged protagonist.

Revelations was awful. Brotherhood was best, I will cut you.

Revelations just really did not change enough from the mechanics and the plot was meaningless from the outset. Ezio goes in search of an apple that we knew back in AC1 the Templars had and lost. No more growth for him, nothing to accomplish. Just filler.

I thought they were both very good but I preferred Brotherhood

John Milton 

You can't have a decent conspiracy without aliens, duh.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

No doubt their brand new nefarious DRM needs further QA.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

AC plot was meaningless ever since they came up with that dumb apple at the end of AC1.

I agree for the most part.  AC2 was strong because of the story of Ezio, the apple stuff was mostly a distraction from the personal family quest.  Although by the end of AC2 I was growing more interested in the story of Desmond.