What are you playing now?

Pidesco

The last thread ended here.

I've been playing Walking Dead, Pinball FX2 and Game Dev Story the past few days.

What about you?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

How well does rocket launcher splash damage work with Siren healing?

I don't use rocket launchers much (rarely even carry one - hubs is the launcher fan) so while I may have tried to heal him with one once or twice I just don't remember. The wiki, however, says that splash damage will heal enemies as well as your intended ally if both are caught in the same "blast", so if that's true, that would be a reason not to use one for healing, at least in-combat. Also, I have a ton more SMG ammo (over 2400) than launcher ammo (30ish?)...so even tho it takes more shots, it's still more ammo-efficient...especially since I don't have launchers equipped most of the time/would have to go in-menu to switch gear. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Man, the Misery Mod is brutal.  I tried starting as a sniper, but they start you off in a really dangerous area and with a bolt action rifle.  Ther area is packed with packs of dogs and other fast moving beasties and that rifle simply doesn't fire fast enough to take them all down before they're on you, then it's a scramble that generally ends with me dead right quick.  Started up again as an assaulter.  With that class I got to start off at the Ranger Station and finally made my way to Skadovsk.  Even the super early stuff like getting the artifact from the Dredge was tough and took me several deaths.  No chance of taking on all 3 stalkers at once, not with my health draining and the stalkers having great aim, I had hand over the artifact then take him out as he ran back to Skadovsk, and even that took me a couple of tries.  It's going to be ruthlessly difficult to get through the whole game.  It's like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat Prepare to Die Edition.  I love it.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Dark Souls

Made some progress... I think. I killed a black knight to get the ring he was guarding, and by killing Havel I finally got a shortcut between Undead Burg and Darkroot Basin. I got extremely lucky once, did a bad roll and Havel's hit reduced me to single digit health, out of 600+

Edited by Nordicus

I've never played a Borderlands game, but Humanoid and I traded some games on Steam and he (ludicrously generously) gave me Borderlands 2. It is currently downloading.

I'm up to my ears in work, both day-job and proof-reading for a book release. Yet, as a gamer, I always find a sneaky hour or two for CoH2 and Diablo. So this weekend I will forsake both and try some Borderlands 2.

sonsofgygax.JPG

I really want to play the sniper class in CoP Misery 2.0 so I restarted the game.  Man, the place they start you off as a sniper is so much rougher than where they start you off as an Assaulter (can't compare a Recon as I haven't tried that yet).  You have to take a roundabout way and hope not to run into packs just to get to Skadovsk.  It took me 4 tries today just to make it to Skadovsk.  :p

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Heh, the Defiance servers are at it again.  Apparently the server is busy and I'm in the queue.  My estimated waiting time is ... get this ... currently 33 days.  I think that's my cue to turn off the 360 for the evening.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

BL2 - Hubs and I must have died 5 or 6 times in order to finish the last quest bit before going to Hero's Pass. First time ever, had to drop down off the overpass with 3-4 Super Bad*** Loaders (arm launchers, homing rockets) + angelic guards, those ION-shield bots, flamebots, etc. chasing after us in a conga line...and snipe the constructor from below, because every time you tried to get remotely closer it would almost insta-spawn 5 or 6 more BA bots. I'm pretty sure enemies move faster now, bulky robots can catch up to you in no time ... must have sped them up a bit. That whole bit was crazy.

It's nutty how much more the game sometimes throws at you with just one extra person. If I'd been soloing, there wouldn't have been nearly that many BA's in that short quest run. Crazy, and yet ... it's like ... "Let's do it again!" :biggrin:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Sleeping Dogs, though it's just mainly listening to the radio. Bad Reputation by Thin Lizzy is a good song to bike around to.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Sleeping Dogs, though it's just mainly listening to the radio. Bad Reputation by Thin Lizzy is a good song to bike around to.

The radio stations are pretty good.  I still wish they would have added a user station.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

It was hard to tell what station had what kind of content though.

Though I'm bad at detecting genres or anything, you can kind of generalize for the most part. Boosey and Daptone are fairly obvious, REAL is rap/hip hop whatever, Warp is electronic. Kerrang is..I dunno, alernative ?

Didn't know that some of the names actually exist in the music world though.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

NFS Most Wanted ( Criterion Game) - well it's crap NFS, but it's free crap so it's good crap and  i have fun playing it. Wouldn't pay full price for this though. :/

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Still Skyrim - about lvl 20 and I've done a lot of sidequest, interestingly I haven't followed the main quest line at all beyond going to Riverrun - so I haven't become Dragonborn and therefore there are no random dragons attacking me or any dragon related things.. It actually makes the game a lot better, kinda like Oblivion in Skyrim :)

Also, it showed me just how OP those shouts were.

Fortune favors the bald.

Rise of the Triad. This game is everything Duke Nukem Forever claimed it would be, but wasn't. Honestly, the most hilarious thing so far is the Donkey Kong Country style island map with little SNES style character sprites moving from level to level. I knew I was home when two eyeballs hit the screen and slowly slid down while my character belched.

Edited by AGX-17

Tried out some Far Cry 2 and some Expeditions: Conquistador. Really liked Expeditions, but just remembered I need to play through both Metro titles so that's the plan today.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Tried Bully, turned out to be unplayable due to probably worst controls I've ever encountered in a game since Prince of Persia 3D. Uninstalled after an hour and wish I could delete it from my Steam library.

Started Saint's Row 2 instead. Good stuff.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Guest Slinky

Tried Bully, turned out to be unplayable due to probably worst controls I've ever encountered in a game since Prince of Persia 3D. Uninstalled after an hour and wish I could delete it from my Steam library.

You can get games deleted from your account by making a support ticket. I've done that once before, and am in process of second. Just make it clear to them that you are not expecting refunds and you understand that you cannot get those games back without buying them again. I had to make that very clear twice on my first time.

Aren't the controls pretty much the same as the GTA games? Thats what I found on Xbox.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Started Misery 2.0 today. Within minutes of gameplay, I was minding my own business and in awe at the level of work put in this mod. Not long after, I starting hearing noises of a pseudogiant. I thought to myself 'No, that's bull****. The mod couldn't possibly throw one of these in my face this early in the game, right?' Pfftt. Of course it did. It was like a million miles away from me though, so I wasn't worried about it catching me or anything.

But the damn thing chased me from where I started to about halfway to Skadovsk. Oh and while I was mocking that giant, a couple of blind dogs thought it would be absolutely hilarious to end my life too. I was able to make it to Skadovsk and I almost died in the process. Not too happy on how I started.

This mod is awesome.