What are you playing now?

Pidesco

Orcs Must Die 2 has no offline LAN co-op. I am bummed, thought it might be something hubs and I could try...oh well. Just for myself, I'll wait till I notice it's on super sale.

We're still playing BL2. Gotta get to lvl61, of course. There will be another patch to bring it to lvl72 later, too - and that one will be free. I don't know how it'll work if you didn't get the first paid one ... I assume you'd only go up 11 lvls then, to 61.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Thief 2

It's kinda charming how loudly the game tells you to explore, but still manages to not put it in a tutorial pop-up (at least that I have seen). Garrett has a very sentimental, goody two-shoes sort of an assignment, but he of course is going to use it as an excuse to loot a mansion and later get a favor from the guy he's helping. THEN, when you check your map, if you go bee-line to to your objective and complete it, you will only ever see one of the three floors of the mansion that the map shows you in great detail.

"Oh, you can just do what you're asked an be done with it... but neglecting to explore and line your pockets with loot would be pretty damn stupid"

Guest Slinky

Thief 2

I really wish there was a mod for Thief 1&2 that makes enemies look better, like rebirth does for System Shock 2. Dark Engine is fine otherwise, but the original enemies are just bit too horrible for me.

Still playing XCOM. Had to start over, having zero idea what the hell I should do in what order and when eventually caught up with me. This time I seem to do better job, except now I don't have money nearly as much I'd like. I'm sure my soldiers would like those new shiny armors and weapons, but saving the earth business isn't as profitable as you might think. Also swiched ironman on this time, much more fun! Except when one of your best soldiers misses a shot with 97% probability at an enemy that is about meter away from him and gets splattered around the neighborhood as a result. The feeling that follows after things like that is, eh, volatile to say the least :p

I got the basic tools from the ranger station after killing the group of mercs that was there.  That battle took me 4 tries to survive.  The key was finding a good defensive position where I had partial cover and close enough to a spot I could retreat to when I had to reload this slow as molasses rifle.  I was so ridiculously overloaded with loot off the mercs' bodies that the rather short distance from the station to Stradovsk took me some 5+ minutes to cover because I couldn't walk more than 30 yards before having to stop and rest.  The whole time I was just praying "please no blowout, please no blowout, please no blowout".

It will be the same thing but with a significantly longer distance and more dangerous terrain when I go to get the tools from the Sawmill and kill some of the zombies there and loot them.  On the plus side, killing the zombies should be much easier than killing the mercs, even if there are a lot more zombies.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Expeditions: Conquistador

After I was allowed to move out of the first town/village, I decided to go in the opposite direction of the quest marker. I now have a party with people that will probably back stab me any moment because their morale is so low. I'm enjoying the game so far, another Kickstarter game that I'm happy with (even if I wasn't a backer).

It will be the same thing but with a significantly longer distance and more dangerous terrain when I go to get the tools from the Sawmill and kill some of the zombies there and loot them.  On the plus side, killing the zombies should be much easier than killing the mercs, even if there are a lot more zombies.

I was lucky: a lot of duty members was there before I arrived and had killed most of them. Of course they looted the bodies before I got there, but on the bright side all I had to do was finish off four more near the house.

Orcs Must Die 2 has no offline LAN co-op. I am bummed, thought it might be something hubs and I could try...oh well. Just for myself, I'll wait till I notice it's on super sale.

We're still playing BL2. Gotta get to lvl61, of course. There will be another patch to bring it to lvl72 later, too - and that one will be free. I don't know how it'll work if you didn't get the first paid one ... I assume you'd only go up 11 lvls then, to 61.

72?! I still haven't hit 50 yet! My highest level character is only a 45 commando.

Finally beat my original game of Dungeon Siege 3 so I can remove it from the backlog. I ended up backtracking 4 hours or so to an older save because I couldn't beat the the first endgame boss fight. Reloaded before going to the spire and went through the DLC first. Got some really nice loot which made the endgame much, much easier. Was kind of annoying beating the DLC final boss and then having my armour appearance glitch so instead of showing the top tier flame armour for Anjali I was walking around with the flame helmet, arm, legs and the second tier breastplate. Looked weird. :(

Not sure what will be next. Mario & Luigi Dream Team will be coming in next week, but I'll need something to play in the mean time. Debating whether I want to finish something I've already started, or try something new.

I was lucky: a lot of duty members was there before I arrived and had killed most of them. Of course they looted the bodies before I got there, but on the bright side all I had to do was finish off four more near the house.

I had just the opposite luck at the Sawmill.  The place was so packed with zombies you'd pretty much have to stack them on top of each other to fit any more in there.  The zombies weren't the problem, despite the fact that I'm not sure I had even brought enough ammo to deal with all of them.  The place is also crawling with dogs.  But the real problem is the controller (hopefully it's just one).  Those creeps suck on any difficulty, but on Misery Mod difficulty, they will pretty much insta-kil you.  I gave it a bunch of tries, but as it stands right now, it's pretty much straight up impossible for me to get in there and get the tools.  That place is swarming.  I'll have to come back later and hope for better luck (or come packing much better weaponry).  On the plus side, on the way back I looted a stalker corpse and several beasties, so at least I got some money out of the trip.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I had just the opposite luck at the Sawmill.  The place was so packed with zombies you'd pretty much have to stack them on top of each other to fit any more in there.  The zombies weren't the problem, despite the fact that I'm not sure I had even brought enough ammo to deal with all of them.  The place is also crawling with dogs.  But the real problem is the controller (hopefully it's just one).  Those creeps suck on any difficulty, but on Misery Mod difficulty, they will pretty much insta-kil you.  I gave it a bunch of tries, but as it stands right now, it's pretty much straight up impossible for me to get in there and get the tools.  That place is swarming.  I'll have to come back later and hope for better luck (or come packing much better weaponry).  On the plus side, on the way back I looted a stalker corpse and several beasties, so at least I got some money out of the trip.

I'm enjoying you guys describing your adventures in Stalker, it reminds me of how much I enjoyed the game. Of course I played it without the latest Mod :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

The pursuits in Defiance jump incredibly from the middle tier ones to the upper tier ones.  Tier II will have a requirement of having to kill 500 enemies, then Tier III will require 1000 kills.  Okay, not that big of a jump.  But then Tier IV will require 10,000 kills.  So you go from being able to complete each tier in a couple of days, to having to grind for the next couple of weeks.

For a game that seems to be based upon the "achievement system" to entice players to keep slogging along, they seem to have made some gaps between tiers too great in order to keep people aiming for "just one more kill".  As it is, it's sort of "ah crap, I'm not even close to completing the next pursuit".

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Woohoo!  After hunting down some artifacts I earned enough cash to buy a sniper rifle from Nimble and wound up with a Dragunov SVD "Lynx". On the down side, that rifle costs a lot of money to maintain and the ammo is quite expensive too. It's worth it though, because it's ruthlessly accurate, has great range, and the ammo will pierce pretty much anything.  It's a MASSIVE step up from the 1891 I was stuck with since the beginning of the game.  It's on like neck bones now.  

sniper.gif

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

So after a good battle with the mercenaries at their camp - I also had some help from some random stalkers roaming about - this is what I have.

http://i.imgur.com/DG44wwR.jpg?1

A unique SVU, I upgraded from the sunrise suit to this unique armor (the helm came with it. I'm not that rich), and a decent-ish shotgun I got from hunting the chimera with the two other stalkers. Oh and I got a lot of money too from hunting artifacts and mutants.

*insert notbad.jpg*

I still have a controller to deal with in the tunnels and a god damn iron forest to go to. My first time going there was... something else. I mean, how the **** am I supposed to deal with one pseudogiant. two controllers, four burers, a bunch of zombies, and I am pretty sure I saw roaming pseudodogs there too. I didn't see any bloodsuckers but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a few of them.

Thankfully I left that place before I aggroed any of them. Ridiculous. I need an army.

And dogs are starting to get on my nerves too. Ha. A pack of them, to of which had around 30 of them, randomly spawned near the merc camp and most if not all of them locked on to me. I tried to get on a something high enough so I could at least have a chance. I did but it was too late. With no medkits left, I died right on top of a rock. All I you do is shake your head at moments like that...

Woohoo!  After hunting down some artifacts I earned enough cash to buy a sniper rifle from Nimble and wound up with a Dragunov SVD "Lynx". On the down side, that rifle costs a lot of money to maintain and the ammo is quite expensive too. It's worth it though, because it's ruthlessly accurate, has great range, and the ammo will pierce pretty much anything.  It's a MASSIVE step up from the 1891 I was stuck with since the beginning of the game.  It's on like neck bones now.  

sniper.gif

Neck bones?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I thought I would be playing Dragon Commander, but it turns out the installer I downloaded from Larian directly is corrupted, and is yet unfixed. Ah well, I'll download via Steam for now, fortunately my Steam downloads are unmetered.

More truck driving in the meantime.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Guest Slinky

Okay, now I'm hooked on XCOM. It has this Civilization effect, just...one...last...thing...before...stopping.

And it should be illegal to hide music files somehere hidden, if I could I'd add The Thing Theme  to ambient and Starship Troopers - Klendathu Drop to combat music in a heartbeat, those alone would make the game better. Most of the original music is kinda forgettable.

Edited by Slinky

To be honest, Klendathu Drop isn't really fitted to militaries actually using tactics in their fight rather than imagining their rifles are swords and acting accordingly :p

Plugging along with Warband, but I think I'll give it a break. Got the Sleeping Dogs 'DLC' (what an amazing 29kb download!) so will go through that. Year of the Snake is pretty boring so far.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

sniper.gif

Neck bones?

Neck bones.

I'm going to hunt a bit more near Skadovsk so that I can afford more ammo for my SVD Lynx (I have 20 rounds right now), then I'll try to solo the merc camp mission.  I suppose I could go there at night and get the intel sneaky style with no bloodshed, but now that I got a SVD in my hands, I think I'm going to kill them, all of them, no mercy style (they sure wouldn't show me any).  I 'll just need to find a good spot, with a bit of cover and a tree or rock to duck behind to reload, far enough away so they can't reach me with their assault rifles and grenades and waste them as they try to advance on my position.  If they happen to have a sniper or two in their midst then we'll just have to see who the better shot is.

sniper.gif

I'll likely burn through all my ammo, but the gear I pick up off their corpses should more than buy all of it back and it's a relatively easy trek back to Skadobsk from there and I can stop and rest at Noah's in case of blowout.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Guest Slinky

To be honest, Klendathu Drop isn't really fitted to militaries actually using tactics in their fight rather than imagining their rifles are swords and acting accordingly :p

You haven't seen my "military tactics" :p

Also I can't think anything more appropriate than Klendathu Drop when three Chryssalids jump down from roof of a bulding right in the middle of your squad. Except maybe Monty Pythons Graham Chapman screaming "run away, run away!"

Hm, those didn't scare me as much as the original did. Dropped them fairly easy all but a few times. Did have a funny moment with one on an alien ship, it opens a door where I have 4 people overwatching.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Got Dragons Crown yesterday. So far I've been fairly impressed, the controls are easy enough to pick up and smash stuff with but there seems to be a good deal of finesse you can build up to. They've made a looting system that is fun with multiple players (so far). Unfortunately I didn't have as much time yesterday with it as I'd hoped.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

sniper.gif

Neck bones?

Neck bones.

I'm going to hunt a bit more near Skadovsk so that I can afford more ammo for my SVD Lynx (I have 20 rounds right now), then I'll try to solo the merc camp mission.  I suppose I could go there at night and get the intel sneaky style with no bloodshed, but now that I got a SVD in my hands, I think I'm going to kill them, all of them, no mercy style (they sure wouldn't show me any).  I 'll just need to find a good spot, with a bit of cover and a tree or rock to duck behind to reload, far enough away so they can't reach me with their assault rifles and grenades and waste them as they try to advance on my position.  If they happen to have a sniper or two in their midst then we'll just have to see who the better shot is.

sniper.gif

I'll likely burn through all my ammo, but the gear I pick up off their corpses should more than buy all of it back and it's a relatively easy trek back to Skadobsk from there and I can stop and rest at Noah's in case of blowout.

I am going to add that phrase to my belt kit forthwith.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Got Dragons Crown yesterday. So far I've been fairly impressed, the controls are easy enough to pick up and smash stuff with but there seems to be a good deal of finesse you can build up to. They've made a looting system that is fun with multiple players (so far). Unfortunately I didn't have as much time yesterday with it as I'd hoped.

I can't wait for the Euro release.

I received this in the mail yesterday and have been itching to play, but probably not till the weekend due to a busy schedule, but have heard a lot of good things about it, so I'm looking forward to it for sure.