What are you playing now?

Pidesco

Man, I love the SVD so much.  It's so ruthlessly accurate.  Very little bullet drop too, even at very long range.  Obviously a headshot is insta-kill on a human target, it is with almost any gun unless they're wearing a super duper helmet, but even with center mass shots, 2 usually does the trick, no matter what kind of armor they're wearing.  I'm keeping this rifle until I get either a TRG-42 or the Gauss Gun, I can't imagine anything else being an upgrade.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Man, I love the SVD so much.  It's so ruthlessly accurate.  Very little bullet drop too, even at very long range.  Obviously a headshot is insta-kill on a human target, it is with almost any gun unless they're wearing a super duper helmet, but even with center mass shots, 2 usually does the trick, no matter what kind of armor they're wearing.  I'm keeping this rifle until I get either a TRG-42 or the Gauss Gun, I can't imagine anything else being an upgrade.

:yes: It's a good gun. I wonder where they hid the green dragon...

Unfortunately, I think I'm going to shelve Misery for a while.  That's five corrupted saves I've gotten now.  I save on different files a lot so I didn't lose that much playing time, but it's getting really frustrating.  It seems a lot of people are getting corrupted saves.  I'll give it a break for a bit and hope they put out a fix soon.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Still building a scene for SRR. First floor is laid out, second floor is laid out, third floor is mostly filled out. Have to try to figure out what I can add to the third floor so it's not bare. I've tried adding more walls and subdividing it, but that didn't make it look any more interesting.

They really need more windows.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Defiance's MP is not for me.  It's way too Halo-esque, in that you have to keep shooting the enemy because he's got a ridiculous amount of shielding, all the while trying to finish him off before he regenerates the shields.  It just turns into a ridiculous game of jumping around and firing.  It turned into more frustration than fun, as I'd ALWAYS see my enemy first and even manage to land a couple of shots before they can react, but because I suck at the whole "bunny hop and shoot" stupidity, I end up getting killed.

CoD may do some things wrong, but the actual shooting part is, IMO, way better than Halo/Defiance.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Just got back in after a three week holliday.

Been playing Talisman Prologue. Having a blast with it and remembering the good old days when we used to play the board game.

Downloading Dragon Commander. Fired up Shadowrun Returns (first impressions not too good). Patched Defiance and Champions Online. Uninstalled Borderlands 2 after being honest with myself and admitting that I wont be playing it.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Got Dragons Crown yesterday. So far I've been fairly impressed, the controls are easy enough to pick up and smash stuff with but there seems to be a good deal of finesse you can build up to. They've made a looting system that is fun with multiple players (so far). Unfortunately I didn't have as much time yesterday with it as I'd hoped.

I received this in the mail yesterday and have been itching to play, but probably not till the weekend due to a busy schedule, but have heard a lot of good things about it, so I'm looking forward to it for sure.

Played some more, definitely having a good deal of fun with it. Came across a puzzle and I couldn't solve it though... :(

Local Co-Op has been fun as well; the RPG elements I don't think are too intrusive for multiple players as has sometimes happened with these types of action games with stats/equipment.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Playing Syndicate (the Bullfrog's game). If at first I disliked the old save system (one can save only between missions), I really like it now, because it makes missions more intense, trying to avoid failure.

I have heard that American Revolt was harder than the original Game.

There's never enough time.

I'm working on my Shadowrun Returns project, but I want to play Metro 2033. I'm also sorely wanting to replay Dragon Age: Origins. And then there's books I want to read.

I NEED MORE TIME

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Guest Slinky

Playing Syndicate (the Bullfrog's game). If at first I disliked the old save system (one can save only between missions), I really like it now, because it makes missions more intense, trying to avoid failure.

The original Syndicate is an awesome game, still play it once every year or two. And yeah, the expansion American Revolt is ludicrously hard. I mean absurdly hard. Try it after you finish Syndicate, I promise you get one hell of a WTF feeling, it's that insane.

Had an interesting landed UFO mission in XCOM. First 2 Mutons and a Berserker materialized right next to me out from nowhere. Like they aren't scary enough in ironman mode without them beaming down from UFO enterprise. Little later while I was clearing one side of the UFO, another wild Berserker just appears again. That one might have clipped through the wall from the other side. Then at the end while I'm preparing to go behave badly in the bridge of the UFO, the following happens: I place one heavy right next to the bridge door ready to open it. Everyone else is nowhere near good places, most of them aren't even cover to the bridge side. Both of my snipers aren't even in the UFO yet, so I decide to bring them in.

Left click on one sniper

Sound of door opening

Sniper is not selected

The heavy I had at the bridge door opened it

Two sectoid commanders are very pissed

About 4 turns away the sectoid commanders are dead and most of the bridge is completely destroyed. And by some miracle, I didn't lose anyone. While ironman mode sure brings extra feeling in the mix, I'd prefer little less glitches in the game while using it.

Oh, and I shot a Cyberdisk in earlier mission through bedrock.

Just finished Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory. I liked the combat most of the series, but kinda think there was to many cutscenes... hmm maybe I am getting impatient with higher age...

And right after that, did mega fast runthrough Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 for Lastation Ending... Need only one more playthrough and I can fully complete the game :w00t:

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

GRID 2.  Call of Pripyat Misery 2.0 was going to be the game I played until Saints Row 4 came out, but with my save games getting corrupted, I had to shelve that, so GRID 2 will fill in nicely for the next week and a half or so.  It's amazing how much difference car and track made.  I was doing vehicle challenges to win cars.  I did the KTM X-Bow challenge on a proper race track with turns that suit my strengths (some of them, anyway) on the highest difficulty setting, and while it took me several tries, I passed the challenge and got the car.  Next challenge up was the Jaguar XKR-S on a Hong Kong hill climb track, my absolute worst track in the game.  The game describes the XKR-S as being set up so you can drive with any driving style.  I describe it as way too loose and unstable to drive like a proper grip car, but it also sucks at drifting.  I eventually had to lower the difficulty to easy to pass the challenge.  I would skip it altogether since I'll never drive that car again if I can help it, but then I wouldn't be able to do the next 5 challenges which may have cars I actually want.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Finished Metro 2033 and I must say it's definitely on my "Top 5 FPS Games of all Time" list. The Atmosphere, the gunplay and the enemies death animation were simply stunning. Some sections towards the end of the can get you frustrated though. 

Going for Stalker: SoC now. Downloading the Stalker Complete Mod right now. Guess it couldn't hurt to try it out because I did play the vanilla version way back in 2007 and it leaves a lot to be desired in my honest opinion.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Another Borderlands 2 weekend w/the hubby! I bet y'all didn't see that one coming. :biggrin: 

...one day I might actually find another game/series he'll like to play. I still can't believe how much he latched onto it.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Still Vegas 2 with friends. Is funny how all the guns really seem the same in terms of effect. Friend hasn't unlocked (yeah, unlocking guns in R6..) cool guns so might as well help him with that somehow, co-op I guess. God damn Ubisoft.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Finished Metro 2033 and I must say it's definitely on my "Top 5 FPS Games of all Time" list. The Atmosphere, the gunplay and the enemies death animation were simply stunning. Some sections towards the end of the can get you frustrated though.

How frustrating?  As a gamer, I've got a very low tolerance for games that make me frustrated.  I give up on games quite easily if I feel more like tossing my controller across the room rather than continuing on.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The original Syndicate is an awesome game, still play it once every year or two. And yeah, the expansion American Revolt is ludicrously hard. I mean absurdly hard. Try it after you finish Syndicate, I promise you get one hell of a WTF feeling, it's that insane.

Thanks! I have just begun to invade America (I own all other territories except this strange territory in the Atlantic).

I will play American Revolt after finishing the Syndicate main campaing and I will try to finish it. Errr... I'll try, at least ;)

Syndicate is really fun, very dark, in some ways it reminds me the early missions of the "bad guys" of Command & Conquer and Red Alert (concerning civilians), and in some other ways, it reminds me Powermonger.

I can imagine why no real Syndicate was planned for years, if the real problem would be censorship.

I guess I haven't lost the art of playing vanilla, unpatched New Vegas for the 360. The only time it's crashed was when I (me, not the courier) fell asleep outside of the Goodsprings Saloon. Generally speaking, you don't want to stay still too long in Goodsprings.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Don't like the latest patch for Misery so I won't be playing that any time. Might just spend some time tweaking it for myself. Instead, I've download the combat rebalance mod for the first Witcher.

Gonna give that a go now.

Don't like the latest patch for Misery so I won't be playing that any time. Might just spend some time tweaking it for myself. Instead, I've download the combat rebalance mod for the first Witcher.

Gonna give that a go now.

Did they fix the saves corrupting in the latest Misery patch?

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Did they fix the saves corrupting in the latest Misery patch?

Patch notes say they fixed 'some amount of save corruptions'.

http://www.miserymod.com/?p=368

Hmm, I think I'll wait until they fix all the save corruptions.  It's so frustrating to do something really hard and noteworthy only to lose all that effort due to a save corruption.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸