What are you playing now?

Pidesco

Had some hard times in Saints Row III with a side-mission requiring a "muscle car"

Having no clue what that is, I tried a few that I would think fit 'muscle'... entirely wrong of course. Then tried google image searching 'muscle car'... all looked the same to me, so found a car ingame that looked like the images. Still nothing.

So did another search this time for 'saints row III muscle car' and found a few people in the same predicament. A few elligable car-names where given, noted them, then randomly found one eventually and used it to finish the side-mission.

And I still have no idea what a muscle car is or why that specific car I drove was one, since I didn't saw anything specifically different about it. :/

And onwards to 'piss people off and kill hookers at the same time, but hookers no longer spawn when you piss them off too much'... still breaking my head on that one...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Van Helsing - again I was a bit sceptical when Neocore announced this game. I blame that movie, but "van Helsing" as a franchise made me cringe. Obviously the game isn't perfect. Other games in the genre have multiple characters to choose from, more skill trees... but still I am having funa nd am prefering it over many other games of that kind. Somehow Neocore seems to always strike the right chord with me.

My Van Helsing game came to a skidding halt due to lack of player skill. IIRC, Im maxed out on the character level (30) but I came up against some guy driving a huge robot that I just cant beat. That and it feels like playing a ranged character is kind of a waste since all enemies employ the same strategy to simply bum rush you and overwhelm you with numbers. Need to pick it up and try a few more times.

That's the same build I used (FYI, don't bother with the shotgun spec, its crap). Like I said, Im sure its due to my lack of twitch skill but by the end-ish of the game, at max level, I was just getting swarmed under in the boss fight and the normal mook fights devolved into kiting huge mobs until I wore them down.

Van Helsing - again I was a bit sceptical when Neocore announced this game. I blame that movie, but "van Helsing" as a franchise made me cringe. Obviously the game isn't perfect. Other games in the genre have multiple characters to choose from, more skill trees... but still I am having funa nd am prefering it over many other games of that kind. Somehow Neocore seems to always strike the right chord with me.

My Van Helsing game came to a skidding halt due to lack of player skill. IIRC, Im maxed out on the character level (30) but I came up against some guy driving a huge robot that I just cant beat. That and it feels like playing a ranged character is kind of a waste since all enemies employ the same strategy to simply bum rush you and overwhelm you with numbers. Need to pick it up and try a few more times.

I remember that fight. Huge difficulty spike right there. I just ran in as big of a circle as the playing area allowed and kept hitting the little mob spawners around the edges and avoided the giant robot's jump attack. When all the spawners (there are plenty) were destroyed, I cleaned up the little mobs before concentrating on the big guy. It took a while, but it is doable.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

BL2 - that skill that decreases recharge time from taking damage on the Psycho works great when you're solo, since you're going to be taking damage anyway. When you're playing with another player, however, it doesn't work quite so well...since friendlies can damage you as well as the enemy...

At least, it doesn't work well at low clvls. I think hubs killed me three or four times, with guns and grenades. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

EUIV, the interface is an overcomplicated mess after the simplicity of EU3, but its probably just gonna take some getting used to

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

EUIV, the interface is an overcomplicated mess after the simplicity of EU3, but its probably just gonna take some getting used to

Must... fight.. urge.. to.. buy

I preordered, and all the DLC I got for preordering and doing the call to arms promo they are now selling for a total of $30, so I feel good about it. Plus I put like 400 hours into EU3

Devastatorsig.jpg

Usually takes around 2-3 months for paradox stuff to hit 75% off

Devastatorsig.jpg

Only played the demo, but I like some of the changes.. You can see they added elements from Crusader Kings and Rome into the EU series. I think I might like this a lot. But yeah, gonna wait until it hits 75% :)

Fortune favors the bald.

Gonna wait until it hits 100% off, personally.

Also loling at the various people on the internets who hate on EA for Day 1 DLC yet think Paradox's veritable lahar of release day dlc is the epitome of customer friendly and completely different! basically because it's paradox doing it. Meh, fanboys gonna fan, should know since I was one.

• Like 2

The only way I get kills in Defiance PVP is with the turret or passenger side missile riding in the jeep.  Otherwise, apparently my guns do the damage of a water pistol.

Case in point, I had cloak enabled and snuck up on someone, firing at their back.  I hit them 4 times before they'd managed to even evade, doing that stupid little bunny hop, and then hit them twice more before they were able to turn around and shoot me TWICE and kill me.  What the crap is that?  I shoot them six times, they survive.  They hit me twice, I'm dead.  And this happens WAY too much.

Thank God for the contracts that only require me to actually play the games, not actually do well at them.  Because the ones that actually require me to rack up kills go undone.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Gonna wait until it hits 100% off, personally.

Also loling at the various people on the internets who hate on EA for Day 1 DLC yet think Paradox's veritable lahar of release day dlc is the epitome of customer friendly and completely different! basically because it's paradox doing it. Meh, fanboys gonna fan, should know since I was one.

The day 1 dlc is all the preorder bonuses and such, so if you didn't preorder it you can still get it, you just have to pay. Seems fair to me.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Yep.

Have seen barely a whisper of "PREORDER/ DAY1 DLC PARADOX CUT IT OUT FROM THE MAIN GAME!!!" and the similar style complaints made. People threw wobblies at 'Project $10' and things like Sten and Zaeed when they were permanently free if you bought a copy at any time, and not just preorder.

• Like 1

The only "gripe" I've had with Bioware/EA in that regard was the rather blatant sales kiosk in your camp in DA:O (that big shining, attention grabbing symbol above his head, a constant reminder that you hadn't bought some irrelevant addon).

Can't get to try out EU IV before I get home from work. It's going to be a looong day.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

You weren't around for "Most Wanted" I think. The episodic pursuit that required you to get 100 PvP kills.

You can imagine why I am not touching PvP again ;)

I did all the episodic pursuits that were recently available, but none involved the PvP part of the game.  They were just like the usual main mission and side mission structure.  They seem to have disappeared now though.  I'd finished them all with my main character, but noticed they weren't available for my second character.

Honestly, I'm just stumped about why it appears that to kill the enemy in PvP, I need to nail him with literally 6 or 7 shots in a row (not allowing him to recharge), while I'm dead after a couple of shots.  I can't count how many times I've actually got the drop on the enemy and plastered him with 2 or 3 shots before he even knows I'm there, only to get killed by said enemy because my shots do nothing while he can turn around and drop me with 2 shots.  If my weapons actually did damage, I'd actually be killing in PvP because 90% of the time I get the first couple of shots in.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

PAYDAY 2 just came out, definitely a must-have for anyone who likes occasional multiplayer games, and is tired of all the casual crap out there these days.  I'll be playing The Bureau: XCOM Declassified on launch for sure.  

lol'd at EA Humblebundle.  Everything but two games in that are terrible, I'll save my money.

Save RPGs

Saying Dragon Age 2 is the worst recent Bioware RPG is like saying the Ferrari California is the worst Ferrari. It's still a Ferrari; an elite, top-tier, without much competition in today's industry.