What are you playing now?

Pidesco

USPS says my copy of Saint's Row IV arrived!

Free 4-5 day shipping, gets there the day after release, thank you Amazon. Sometimes they still amaze me.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

...started me yearly run-through o' Planescape: Torment...oh, how I's missed ya, ol' friend...hehehe... :bow:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

• Like 1

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

...started me yearly run-through o' Planescape: Torment...oh, how I's missed ya, ol' friend...hehehe... :bow:

Have you taken a look at the "other" Torment game?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Free 4-5 day shipping, gets there the day after release, thank you Amazon. Sometimes they still amaze me.

It all depends on where you live and where it ships from.  Generally the free shipping option winds up being either UPS Ground, FedEx Ground, or DHL to USPS.  If the place it ships from is close enough to you, it will wind up getting to you 1 day after it ships, despite shipping via the "slowest" option available.  If it needs to ship all the way across the country then it may take as much as 5 days.  Anyway, glad you got the game quickly.  SR4 is what I'm been playing 80% of the time at the moment, the other 20% is spent playing M&M X.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

It all depends on where you live and where it ships from.  Generally the free shipping option winds up being either UPS Ground, FedEx Ground, or DHL to USPS.  If the place it ships from is close enough to you, it will wind up getting to you 1 day after it ships, despite shipping via the "slowest" option available.  If it needs to ship all the way across the country then it may take as much as 5 days.  Anyway, glad you got the game quickly.  SR4 is what I'm been playing 80% of the time at the moment, the other 20% is spent playing M&M X.

Yeah I know.

It used to be lightning fast, then they pulled their warehouses out of Texas. Now that they've started collecting taxes... it didn't improve. Except this once.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I was thinking of picking up that new XCom game, Declassified or something, but the reviews I've read aren't very glowing.  So I might wait until a few folks that I trust play it before I make the leap.  By then it might even be a lot cheaper.

If I were you and had decided in the end to buy XCOM, I'd definitely wait for the expansion XCOM: Enemy Within and get them together. Replayability was one of the biggest problems with the core-game and the expansion is added a lot of new maps to be cycled for regular missions as well as new research trees, weapons and enemies. 

Isn't that expansion for the previous XCOM game released last year?  I was referring to the newly released Declassified game.

Amazon is pretty awesome with its delivery times.  Every single time I order some books, I select the "free shipping option" which says it will be shipped within 5-7 days or something.  But I've yet to have to wait that long for an order.  Usually it arrives two days from the time I order it.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Isn't that expansion for the previous XCOM game released last year?  I was referring to the newly released Declassified game.

yes it is. And i'm interested in the new one myself, but i might wait for a few months. I need some really positive opinions before i buy it.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

yes it is. And i'm interested in the new one myself, but i might wait for a few months. I need some really positive opinions before i buy it.

Doubt you're gonna get one. It was doomed to begin with.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified is getting hate for two reasons: the first and most common being, it wears the XCOM name but isn't an isometric turn-based strategy game.  People don't seem to realize it's a spinoff and a shooter.  The other reason for the hate is it's a shooter, but isn't a dumbed down generic one like Gears of War.

With that being said, the game is pretty cool.  It requires a lot more planning and strategy than most shooters, which I like.  But the AI isn't good enough for this type of game.  

Save RPGs

Saying Dragon Age 2 is the worst recent Bioware RPG is like saying the Ferrari California is the worst Ferrari. It's still a Ferrari; an elite, top-tier, without much competition in today's industry.

I didn't know that there was an X-Com expansion pack in the works. That's good to hear. I picked up X-Com: Declassified but haven't started playing.

1) I want to finish my current play through of Dishonored.

2) I want to finish an actual game of XCOM: Enemy Within, because I've never done so and that just feels silly.

Amazon is pretty awesome with its delivery times.

True fact. It's one of the few companies, small or large, that is right on the ball when it comes to shipping items. Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Have you taken a look at the "other" Torment game?

...not yet, been thinkin' on it...problem be gettiin' the time ta invest in 'er...I honestly rarely gits a chance ta game at all anymores, so e'en findin' the time 'ere an' there ta wander 'round Sigil be a chore...we's'll see...;)

Been continuing to play a bit of Might & Magic X and a lot of Saints Row IV.  Might & Magic X needs a lot of tuning and balancing, but I'm having fun with it.  Saints Row IV is absolutely ludicrous and I freakin' love it.  I mean, I got to pilot a spaceship inside of a bigger spaceship while listening to mutha****ing Haddaway.  I'm about 8 hours in, but I haven't progressed the main story too far because I'm having too much fun collecting data clusters, doing side activities (there is a metric ****ton of them), and just causing hilarious mayhem all over Cyber Steelport. 

:lol:

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified is getting hate for two reasons: the first and most common being, it wears the XCOM name but isn't an isometric turn-based strategy game.  People don't seem to realize it's a spinoff and a shooter.  The other reason for the hate is it's a shooter, but isn't a dumbed down generic one like Gears of War.

With that being said, the game is pretty cool.  It requires a lot more planning and strategy than most shooters, which I like.  But the AI isn't good enough for this type of game.  

One of the reasons I'm still on the fence about the game is the very reason you've commented on.  Sometimes reviews punish a game not for what it is, but for what it isn't.  They have preconceived notions about what they believe it will be, then rip it to shreds when it isn't that, even though the game never claimed to be.

Obsidian's own Alpha Protocol is a perfect example of this.  The reviews hammered it, because they were expecting Splinter Cell.  But to this day, it's one of my favorite games to replay.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

One of the reasons I'm still on the fence about the game is the very reason you've commented on.  Sometimes reviews punish a game not for what it is, but for what it isn't.  They have preconceived notions about what they believe it will be, then rip it to shreds when it isn't that, even though the game never claimed to be.

Obsidian's own Alpha Protocol is a perfect example of this.  The reviews hammered it, because they were expecting Splinter Cell.  But to this day, it's one of my favorite games to replay.

From the reviews I'm reading, that's not the case for The Bureau at all. I suppose it's more analogous to what Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel is to the original Fallouts. It was just a bad game, regardless of genre.

Counter example would be the Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance. Games, which were legitimately good games in their own right.

The IGN review is actually pretty good in that the reviewer actually states why the game is bad in its own right, while still comparing it to XCOM EU as he very well should. But the rating itself is based on the actual gameplay as a third person tactical shooter.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I like Starship Troopers. It's still a bad movie.

I even like Starship Troopers 3. It's 2 that I found not likeable.

What makes Fallout: BOS a bad game in your opinion? Since you say it has a badness that transends genre ;)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I like Starship Troopers. It's still a bad movie.

I even like Starship Troopers 3. It's 2 that I found not likeable.

What makes Fallout: BOS a bad game in your opinion? Since you say it has a badness that transends genre ;)

...was a terrible attempt at a cashgrab by a dyin' INEPT-play...end o' story... ;)

Edited by Sargallath Abraxium

I like Alpha Protocol, but also think reviewers had every reason to hammer it.
  • Like 2

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.