What are you playing now?

Pidesco

...was a terrible attempt at a cashgrab by a dyin' INEPT-play...end o' story... ;)

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

Ah so again nothing to actually base the opinion on :p

On a different note. Can you get the Buddy Christ avatar again? The signature just did fit that one so much better :)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

On a different note. Can you get the Buddy Christ avatar again? The signature just did fit that one so much better :)

...mebbe later; goin' wit' me original custom avvie fer the time bein', memories an' all that...you want it, have at 'er... ;)

post-371-0-93481300-1377221253_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sargallath Abraxium

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Obsidian's own Alpha Protocol is a perfect example of this.  The reviews hammered it, because they were expecting Splinter Cell.  But to this day, it's one of my favorite games to replay.

I like Alpha Protocol, but also think reviewers had every reason to hammer it.

Agreed. I love AP but it was still flawed in many ways.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Obsidian's own Alpha Protocol is a perfect example of this.  The reviews hammered it, because they were expecting Splinter Cell.  But to this day, it's one of my favorite games to replay.

I agree that AP was flawed but I also feel that reviewers nowadays have peculiar tastes. An average game which would be a 6 or a 7 is no longer good it needs to be a 9 or a 10, which ends up with lots of overblown reviews (both positive and negative) all because the rating scale seems to have changed. 

AP is a 6 a good game with flaws but that its carried by strength of its charm, but apparently modern game journalism has nothing but contempt for cult classic, unless its some "hipstery" attempt at edginess.

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Minigames killed AP for me. Never made it out of the "tutorial" level. Too much banging head against desk. Sad but true :(

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Going back to Raven Shield from Vegas 2 was funny, friend was complaining about the lack of mobility and the slower pace. I just liked leaning and being able to slowly open doors.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I loved Brotherhood of Steel...

Eh, even as someone who likes action games of its type (Champions of Norrath, BG: Dark Alliance to some degree)  my memory of it is that it suffered from

• poor loot
  • poor character progression
  • mediocre level design
  • mediocre villains
  • mediocre quests and little impetuous to complete them

That doesn't mean every complaint against the title (which received a lot of bad notices for many, many things during its development) was valid.  But I forced myself to beat it once and then sold it.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I just realized that I actually agree with you all. I never played that game. I was thinking of Fallout: Tactics :) My bad :)

...is OK, lad...we's all makes mistakes...I was wrong once, too...hehehe...:p

I just realized that I actually agree with you all. I never played that game. I was thinking of Fallout: Tactics :) My bad :)

...is OK, lad...we's all makes mistakes...I was wrong once, too...hehehe... :p

Is that the "I was wrong once, I thought I had made a mistake when in fact I hadn't." ? ;)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

...is OK, lad...we's all makes mistakes...I was wrong once, too...hehehe... :p

Is that the "I was wrong once, I thought I had made a mistake when in fact I hadn't." ? ;)

...not accrodin' ta those that knows me 'ere...hehehe...;)

Finished Monaco multiplayer (combination of two-player and four-player play depending on availability), although we have to go back and 100% the final mission. Meanwhile, started knocking over the game single-player, getting through the first campaign today. Was worried initially that it'd be pretty dull doing so after the madcap multiplayer, but it's still very fun and challenging in a different way.

At this stage it's my game of the year.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Finished Syndicate and American Revolt.

Playing Syndicate (the Bullfrog's game). If at first I disliked the old save system (one can save only between missions), I really like it now, because it makes missions more intense, trying to avoid failure.
I have heard that American Revolt was harder than the original Game.

The original Syndicate is an awesome game, still play it once every year or two. And yeah, the expansion American Revolt is ludicrously hard. I mean absurdly hard. Try it after you finish Syndicate, I promise you get one hell of a WTF feeling, it's that insane

The last mission of Syndicate was pretty tough, and it was the first mission in which I lost an agent, the first 15 seconds... WTF?!

Then I began American Revolt, and you were true, the early missions were nervous and way harder than the early missions of Syndicate, they were with the same difficulty of the last mission... I used to have two main tactics in Syndicate: Persuadertron or Gauss Gun, but there... Too slow for the first one, and too many casualties with the second one. And I used to control the 4 agents as one unit.

American Revolt forced me to control agents individually in a more tactical way than the original game, and to respond quickly, I chose Laser guns, and was forced to take cover very often.

In fact, I enjoyed more American Revolt than Syndicate, even though sometimes (like you said), I was tempting to throw my mouse to the screen! :aiee::banghead::bat:

There were a mission in which I had to add a "secret objective" because I lost many agents: "The Harvest" :p

And near the end mission (even though I have done the research at the beginning), I discovered the true power of

air support

, so because of that, I found the end mission (the atlantic accelerator) very easy

I had 1M credits so 20 calls of air support!

! A lot more than the same mission in Syndicate! (In fact, I tried a second time to judge how easy it was, and it is hard, but it resolves very quickly, and some other missions were harder than this one, but it was nice).

I think if I has played the game at the time (like the child I was :) ), I would have found it a nightmare... But, hey, I was playing Dune II back then... :p

Syndicate is a very good game, but a bit too easy (especially for the late missions, except the last one), because of the economic part, I think.

American Revolt is great, and except some weapons and medikit (since armours 3 are very powerfull) every item is useful, and really one of the best games I ever played.

I will begin Syndicate Wars but not today, I enjoy the victory, mwahaha :grin:

Edited by Huinehtar

Maybe, if they actually hammered it for its flaws.  It certainly had its share of them.  But in most of the reviews I saw that wasn't what the complaints were about.  Instead, like I said, they hammered it for not being what they were expecting it to be.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Playing AC3 and was enjoying it quite a bit till I hit Boston. Seems Ubisoft didn't see fit to implement the full range of graphical options, so I can't turn AA off. Everything's slowed to a crawl as a result. They haven't responded to my ticket either. Cant imagine why PC gamers hate them...

Playing AC3 and was enjoying it quite a bit till I hit Boston. Seems Ubisoft didn't see fit to implement the full range of graphical options, so I can't turn AA off. Everything's slowed to a crawl as a result. They haven't responded to my ticket either. Cant imagine why PC gamers hate them...

Can't you override AA options through you nVidia or AMD graphics card control panel?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Can't you override AA options through you nVidia or AMD graphics card control panel?

Well...I should have thought of that. From what I can tell, there's also forced high-def rendering in the distance, but I'll fiddle around in the control panel and see what I can do.

Well...I should have thought of that. From what I can tell, there's also forced high-def rendering in the distance, but I'll fiddle around in the control panel and see what I can do.

That's not to say that it absolves Ubi from the oversight of not including the ability to turn AA on or off, but at least the nVidia/AMD control panel usually means a way to work around the problem.  I usually wind up using the nVidia control panel to go in the other direction.  For example, Gothic 3 has no way to turn AA on in the settings, or an ini file to the best of my knowledge, for that matter.  While I usually see AA as overrated and a superfluous resource hog, there are a few exceptions and Gothic 3 has horrific jaggies and forcing AA on the game does wonders.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Defiance's servers seem to spend more time down than they do working.  Between that and the lag during major arkfalls, they're lucky there aren't any current games that interest me.  Otherwise the game would have been shelved awhile ago.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Playing games? hahahahahahahahehehehehehehehehehhihihihihihihiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

I've been in the mood of playing but not really had much time to do it. This weekend I'll play a lot. mrburnsexcellent.gif

Expect a few more hiccups like that, also I hope that you're not anal about completing objectives otherwise you're in for a world of pain.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

There's something extra satisfying about running around Cyber Steelport and doing ridiculous wrestling moves to people while wearing a Rowdy Roddy Piper outfit.  If only they let me slap the sleeper hold on enemies.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸