What are you playing now?

Pidesco

Ooo, stash space on sale in NW:online.

*hurries to run off to play BL2 instead, so I'll forget I read about and always like/want more stash space*

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

been playing a lot of borderlands 2 with my wife.  for some reason its the only game she really latched onto in this current console generation. 

and no, im not married to any members of this forum, just coincidence i suppose.

i wonder if the borderlands devs know how many married couples enjoy their game?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Ooo, stash space on sale in NW:online.

*hurries to run off to play BL2 instead, so I'll forget I read about and always like/want more stash space*

It always makes me shake my head seeing how stupid people are.  I've seen the Orc Wolf Companion already on sale on AH for a meager price (because no one will pay a good price for it right now).  Why would you sell the wolf right now while the event is till running?  Why would people buy the wolf when they could get it themselves for free?  Why would you sell it right now when the market will be at its most flooded?  People just don't understand supply and demand.  I'm still holding on to the blue skelly dog I got during the invasion event.  I've watched the price on them climb slowly and the supply wither.  I'll wait another month or two then sell when mine is nearly the only one left for maximum profit.  I'll do the same with the wolf.  Dumbasses.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

People just don't understand supply and demand.

When it comes to games, at least, from what I've seen, I'd agree completely. :lol: I'm still holding on to a bunch of those skeleton dogs. I'm going to wait until those companion tomes are actually available before trying to unload them. :)

I hadn't heard of the Orc Wolf companion ... if it's one of those variable rewards for this weekends event (where they didn't list the potential rewards at all) guess I'll have to buy one off the AH, since I won't be doing the event thingies.

i wonder if the borderlands devs know how many married couples enjoy their game?

I hope they do ... especially if it means they'll never get rid of the LAN co-op option in future sequels. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I hadn't heard of the Orc Wolf companion ... if it's one of those variable rewards for this weekends event (where they didn't list the potential rewards at all) guess I'll have to buy one off the AH, since I won't be doing the event thingies.

If I get more than one, I'll give you one.  

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Finished Metro 2033 and I must say it's definitely on my "Top 5 FPS Games of all Time" list. The Atmosphere, the gunplay and the enemies death animation were simply stunning. Some sections towards the end of the can get you frustrated though.

How frustrating?  As a gamer, I've got a very low tolerance for games that make me frustrated.  I give up on games quite easily if I feel more like tossing my controller across the room rather than continuing on.

There is a small platforming section towards the end that can get really annoying, I posted a screenshot of it a few days ago in the Pictures of Your Games thread. There is also this other part with these things called Giant Amoebae.They are spherical creatures that slide towards you and explode on contact, so you have to shoot them before they reach you, and if you want to get rid of them for good, you have to shoot the Amoebae Pore. There are many pores and taking out any of them requires you to empty half of the clip on the damn thing(keep in mind that ammo can be scarce at times, depending on how you play the game). But the game is awesome overall, if you enjoy playing fps games in general you should definitely check it out.

Edited by Astiaks

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Took 4 sidequests to gain a bit over a half level, but we reached lvl 59 in BL2. My Siren's becoming awesome, w/all the DoT of the Phaselock, and a short timer. Finish off a few more quests on our list and then perhaps we'll just farm the Bunker until we reach  61...then the Tina DLC again. At this point the difficulty is plenty doable, but since a lot of things can put you down in 1-3 hits, it's still more hectic. Hence...more fun!  :)

First turn of Dragon Commander, which I got as a backer reward. I'll flat out say I probably wouldn't really have looked at it if it wasn't a reward, based purely on the genre, and as a result I'd probably have to admit I might give it less than a fair chance.

So far there's really nothing there that's grabbed me and made me want to keep playing. I will - one turn is one turn and all that - but the RTS aspect is a downright turn-off. If it turns out the game is viable while completely opting out of the RTS element, there might be a bit more in there worth seeing, but even then there's not really much opportunity for RP - no option to burn your insubordinate generals to a crisp for example - but such is expected for a game that markets itself on its other aspects.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

First turn of Dragon Commander, which I got as a backer reward. I'll flat out say I probably wouldn't really have looked at it if it wasn't a reward, based purely on the genre, and as a result I'd probably have to admit I might give it less than a fair chance.

So far there's really nothing there that's grabbed me and made me want to keep playing. I will - one turn is one turn and all that - but the RTS aspect is a downright turn-off. If it turns out the game is viable while completely opting out of the RTS element, there might be a bit more in there worth seeing, but even then there's not really much opportunity for RP - no option to burn your insubordinate generals to a crisp for example - but such is expected for a game that markets itself on its other aspects.

Well, it is an RTS. The core game is moving armies on the map so you can then delve into rts battles.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Sure, but with the RTS aspect looking pretty flat, it'd need something special in its other qualities to really stand up. Again, early call, but splitting time between the builder aspects and being a dragon is something I'm not feeling is working. I wonder if the in-battle economy aspect is something that could be simplified or dropped. A more autonomous army, perhaps produced offscreen instead of at ingame bases, backing you as a full-time actor might have worked better than the current compromise.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Might be.

It took me a while 'till I figured out how to produce units while in dragon form. It made battles a bit more managable. Though yes, the rts part does suffer a bit compared to true rts games.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Had a short fiddle around with the Saints Row Inaugeration Station to see if there's anything new to it.

Hm, really need to sit down and do the last couple of hours of Shadowrun Returns, I just haven't been in the right mood this last week to return to it....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

The green ones are already pretty cheap...but I haven't bought one yet. Not sure I even want one, really. Seems like just another reskinned version of the basic dog companion, and I don't have an Orc to co-ordinate with one. ;) Curious tho...are there supposed to be blue wolves (rare I assume)? Or just green?

The green ones are already pretty cheap...but I haven't bought one yet. Not sure I even want one, really. Seems like just another reskinned version of the basic dog companion, and I don't have an Orc to co-ordinate with one. ;) Curious tho...are there supposed to be blue wolves (rare I assume)? Or just green?

Just green as far as I can tell.  And yeah, they're nothing special, basically a weaker blue skelly dog.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Bought a dog for 20k AD. Figured that was cheap enough. It'll stay in my Bank stash until I figure out what I want to do with it. :lol:

A comedy of errors in Euro Truck Simulator 2 - took a job taking me from Geneva to Dresden, took a wrong turn getting out of Geneva resulting in being stuck in a traffic jam for half an hour real-time. Take the opportunity to flick through the built-in Internet radio player and select the appropriate station: KTFM Geneva, the best of 70s and 80s music who happen to be having a disco hour. Get so engrossed in the music that I miss the fact my fuel is just about gone, not being able to hear the sound of the low-fuel warning tone on account of the music (I think it was Stevie Wonder).

Ran completely dry just as I cross over the border from Switzerland to Germany, and actually manage to coast for over a kilometre into a roadside petrol station ....but I overshoot the actual pump and plow into the carwash thing at the back of the station. Being now stationary and unable to even turn on the engine, I end up having to call roadside assistance, and, despite being in less than 100m away from the diesel that would be my salvation, end up being towed all the way back to Zurich at the cost of a couple hours and a few thousand euros.

This is probably a good reason I've never even tried to drive in real life.

• Like 2

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Guest Slinky

A comedy of errors in Euro Truck Simulator 2 - took a job taking me from Geneva to Dresden, took a wrong turn getting out of Geneva resulting in being stuck in a traffic jam for half an hour real-time.

Sounds like a fun and relaxing game. Suddenly, for the first time ever, I saw a clear connection between violenent behavior and games.

Falling+Down+Foster+at+Whammy+Burger.jpg

The rage is worse if you attempt to drive in the UK, multiple 550EUR speeding fines per trip are just about guaranteed. And in France, bloody toll roads everywhere (and their all-caps road signs are ugly).

At any rate, I could have easily gotten through with minimal time loss had I decided to be an aggressive nutter and taken the footpath, or push a hatchback or two out of the way, but I was trying to do it all realistic-like (hence the radio station). Besides, while I'm stationary, at least my hired drivers driving my other trucks are still bringing in the dough.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Concerning Dragon Commander, pushing modern real world issues like gay marriage unto a goofy fantasy setting like Divinity feels very forced and awkward. It turned me off the game completely.

I might give away Original Sin too, the game's concept has already changed a lot from the original to appease the Kickstarter masses. But so far it's still within respectable boundaries.

Edited by Drudanae

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Concerning Dragon Commander, pushing modern real world issues like gay marriage unto a goofy fantasy setting like Divinity feels very forced and awkward. It turned me off the game completely.

I might give away Original Sin too, the game's concept has already changed a lot from the original to appease the Kickstarter masses. But so far it's still within respectable boundaries.

Did Lelianna's shoe shopping rants in Dragon Age also bother you? That was the worst modern day intrusion for me :p Dragon Commander I don't feel as you do, possibly though because I got exactly what I expected: a goofy fantasy setting that I never tried to take seriously.

Trying to finish NWN2 OC, but goddamn those trash mobs are awful.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Is it good? It looks like a very interesting game..

"Paper's Please" - in case you're wondering.

Alan bought it as well. So I am planning to pester him on Steam for a review ;)

Is it good? It looks like a very interesting game..

"Paper's Please" - in case you're wondering.

It's really fun. The one thing is it might not have long term play value. I beat it in 6 hours and the only remaining interest I have is in doing goof off runs.

But it does simulation well and really gets you into it. Immersive is what most people would call it. You make decisions as you might in that situation. A guy offers you a bribe and you might take it because it's a choice between food and heat every day. Someone asks you for help, but they have no papers. Do you help them and get penalized, or worse, they might be a terrorist. Or do you turn them away and never know what happens.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."