RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Hm, So Eidos-Montreal have done a tweet and this https://vine.co/v/b3HdHDdj7zK..  So teasing over some future Deus Ex.

Seems a wee bit late to be more dlc.. Whether it relates to the possible DE movie, or a follow-on "Prequel" game...

Which, frankly with a subtitle of "The Fall" does make it sound more likely..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Hm, So Eidos-Montreal have done a tweet and this https://vine.co/v/b3HdHDdj7zK..  So teasing over some future Deus Ex.

Seems a wee bit late to be more dlc.. Whether it relates to the possible DE movie, or a follow-on "Prequel" game...

Which, frankly with a subtitle of "The Fall" does make it sound more likely..

Well, after the Missing Link it was pretty obvious that they had at least something more planned for that human revolution -> dx1 time... I'd like to think new game announcement or a stand-alone expansion, maybe? I'm fairly excited!

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Let's hope. Dx:hr is one of the few games, where I really wanted to have more dlc but just couldn't get any more...

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Though the devs did show that they can take feedback to heart. That you could stealth the Missing Link boss was awesome. And it was still challenging, not simply an "I win" button.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Though the devs did show that they can take feedback to heart. That you could stealth the Missing Link boss was awesome. And it was still challenging, not simply an "I win" button.

Yeah, I think by now they heard the message loud and clear. "Improved bosses" is even a selling point for the Wii U port..

Indeed, in fact I think that the Missing Link is one of the all-time best DLCs, in general. It succeeds in taking what was good in the basic game, putting it in a compact package and then improving on a lot of things.

I'd love to hear what the WiiU boss fights are like... Though with a name like that I can't see this being DLC that just adds the WiiU stuff in :p

Indeed, in fact I think that the Missing Link is one of the all-time best DLCs, in general. It succeeds in taking what was good in the basic game, putting it in a compact package and then improving on a lot of things.

It actually has better level design than the original full game, which is why I have pretty decent hopes for an eventual sequel. Shake up the writing and progression a little bit and keep the same eye for art direction, and I think Eidos Montreal might just have another winner.

(Thief on the other hand isn't looking so good...)

• Like 1

oh, the irony. here I am playing NWN 2 and wishing it was made on Troika's engine used for TOEE, or at least on Infinity, while some people feel the need to remake Infinity games on NWN's engine...

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Yeah, its sad how TOEE ended up prettier than the much newer NWN2.

I always found the art direction in all NWN games hideous. It was all about pushing 3D at all costs, in a time when 3D still looked like ****.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

i hate the nwn and nwn 2 engine.  infinity was better

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

And TOEE always seemed to me to be the next logical step. 2D backgrounds and nice 3D models for characters. But it never stuck

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Funny, I never liked the Troika engines- except the Fallout one, if you count that. They always felt like they were five years older than they actually were. Having replayed the IE games recently (and still chugging through IWD2) I've come to a bit of an appreciation of the advantages of 3d, things like enemies sitting in the 'shadow' of doors so that you cannot attack them unless it's them alone but only open/close the door when in a 3d engine you'd just rotate the camera, and having to loot stuff by scrolling laboriously from middle to bottom corner of screen and click on each 2GP loot pile instead of having the loot dialogue free float come to mind.

A couple of beta gameplay vids for Pandora: First Contact, the SMAC (unofficial) remake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfW1-uq4oo4&list=PLQrYLOdjwRhTk0CGCMAfGyUs0I2ssfJuG&index=1

They really need to have someone who knows how to play the game do these videos. Having a confused novice play doesn't really show the game in the best light.  :)

Edited by mute688

Well all I can add in reply is that the modder community has been doing a fine job of enhancing the capabilities of the NWN2 toolset. Many well-crafted tilesets, placeables, icons, creatures, equipment, and character skins have been made available on the NWN2 Vault, and this is continuing to expand with the recent addition of models and placeables from the Witcher. Other enhancements include improvements in the AI and the implementation of fog of war. The work on the BGR has been remarkable for the amount of sheer time and labor involved by just a handful of people.

For another example of such work, see here:

http://dragonlancenights.com/

Just sayin'. :)

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Re: Deus Ex - The Fall.

Considering that it's e3 next week, I think it's more likely that it will be a new game announced today and to be demoed there.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"We are here to introduce another entry in the Deus Ex franchise"

Interest level rising.

"...and it's coming to your iPhone and iPad"

Interest level plummeting.

• Like 4

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Tablets are gonna get more and more support, so it's not surprising to see a Deus Ex spin-off there, but I really have to wonder how the touch controls will affect gameplay, balance, etc. Oh well, ultimately I will just skip this and wait for a full-fledged sequel, no biggie.

No Android?

Generally not seen as a viable platform by major publishers due to massive piracy.

I couldn't decide between "roflmao" and "facepalm", but "I never asked for this" probably takes the cake...

That said, I'm writing this on a work trip in a high-speed train on my iPad and I've read the novel, so day 1 for me. Still very disappointed...