RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

The fall indeed.. What are they thinking? in the middle of a console cycle and hyping it close to a PC con. Marketing division should have their pay cut.

Fortune favors the bald.

I don't begrudge them making a mobile game, it's a rapidly expanding market.  I do question the timing, though.  And since I don't have an iWhatever this doesn't interest me at all.  If they made an Android version I'd definitely consider it.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

so they laid the groundwork for this story awhile back in the novel, and only just got around to doing the game to tidy up those threads..

ipad and iphone.. >_<

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Europa Universalis IV is up for preorder. Hilariously, if you have a steam version of a previous EU game you get 10% off, and they handed out steam keys to EU3 to everyone on their forums. Yay 5 bucks off.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Damn. Couldn't they have announced it before I bought the novel a week ago?

I don't get this, isn't it actually better this way?

Watched the video, it has a fairly high absurd quota and Anfossi especially seems to be just phoning it in.

Still, better this than a rushed sequel to dxhr, I guess. In hindsight, itwouldn't make sense for them to have thief and deus ex come out in close proximity, just like dragon age and mass effect were better for he studio with a more even spread.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

To reject milestones seems to be common for Bethesda.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/05/what-went-wrong-with-human-heads-prey-2?abthid=51af79d92aabedda5500000c

Looks like they did the same with Arkane.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=60536433&postcount=71

Beware Obsidian!

Bethesda, such a nice company. I guess the US laws permit such actions, even though it just seems morally so damn wrong. I guess this is what some/one of ex-Obsidian staffers was hinting at a year ago...

Hate the living, love the dead.

Watched the video, it has a fairly high absurd quota and Anfossi especially seems to be just phoning it in.

Still, better this than a rushed sequel to dxhr, I guess. In hindsight, itwouldn't make sense for them to have thief and deus ex come out in close proximity, just like dragon age and mass effect were better for he studio with a more even spread.

iPad is a platform I will deffinitly never play the game. So if that builds on the novel and I end up liking the novel I'll always feel that I am missing something :p

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I had to use console commands to get halfway through Fallout 3, because of a permanently locked door that had to open for the story to progress. 

And I recall how much flak Sacred got on account of a broken quest you had to correct with a console command in the main storyline. But Fallout 3 got rave reviews.

Bethesda quality standards indeed.

Of course the modders always give them a reliable cushion - "why make the game work when the public will do that for us".

I despise Bethesda. Their games are the epitome of sensationalism (with graphics) and cutting corners (in everything else). They have more money than anyone else yet everything they made since Morrowind is recycled, cheap ****.

I watched my friend play Skyrim for a while. The user interface for the PC version is a disgrace. The couldn't work a little extra to make a PC friendly interface? I won't even mention the animations, the combat etc.

/rant

I'm sad to see Prey 2 go. Its one of the few games that looked really fresh and exciting.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 2

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

What is a milestone? I don't get what Bethesda did.

Milestones are basically a set of requirements a developer has to meet before a publisher hands out further money for development I believe. Usually with time limits I think.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Bethesda, such a nice company. I guess the US laws permit such actions, even though it just seems morally so damn wrong. I guess this is what some/one of ex-Obsidian staffers was hinting at a year ago...

Don't know if the US does permit such actions, one of the 'advantages' of trying to constructively bankrupt someone is that they don't generally have the cash to take you to court for a case that may take years, and especially over a contract which most likely has some sort of subjective quality clause. Such things usually work themselves out because it's in both sides financial interests not to richard the other around too much, but not if one wants to buy the other and get leverage. Didn't quite work out with HH as Bethesda missed out on a heap of already done stuff and had to start from scratch, good overall as costing them money and hurting their rep is the best prevention for them trying it again. If it worked they'd just have more incentive to try it with the next victim.

It's not really any news though, InXIle's experience with Beth was meant to be not particularly great leading to some of the comments about publishers Fargo made. OTOH, Hunted was not exactly brilliant, so perhaps anything from HH regarding Prey 2's quality has to be taken with some salt.

Star Citizen is closing in on $10 million in crowd funding.

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/

Chris Roberts has said that if they can hit that mark he may well be able to not use the private funding he had lined up.  With probably at least another 18 months until the game releases, it will be interesting to see just how high the crowd funding they can eventually reach.

Star Citizen is closing in on $10 million in crowd funding.

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/

Chris Roberts has said that if they can hit that mark he may well be able to not use the private funding he had lined up.  With probably at least another 18 months until the game releases, it will be interesting to see just how high the crowd funding they can eventually reach.

But where's the new homepage? :/

Last of Us seems to be receiving all sorts of critical acclaim, maybe its time to preorder lol

Hehe i preordered half a year ago, then i cancelled it and now i preordered again. The good opinions about it in reviews, just hyped me too much to pass up playing it on release date. :grin:

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I just rather wait on first player reviews of Last of Us...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Murdered: Soul Suspect didn't look all that interesting at first, but then the shots were fired and now I'm really curious about this title

I will wait for the first critique videos to pop up, the better thought out ones uncovered a few gameplay design flaws with Bioshock Infinite

• Like 2

iPad is a platform I will deffinitly never play the game. So if that builds on the novel and I end up liking the novel I'll always feel that I am missing something :p

Oh, right. It's one of the best, if not THE best game/movie tie-in novels I've read. The author has obviously done his homework, it features a bunch of original dx characters.

That said, while I love my ipad, it's a disappointing gaming platform for sure.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Murdered: Soul Suspect didn't look all that interesting at first, but then the shots were fired and now I'm really curious about this title

I will wait for the first critique videos to pop up, the better thought out ones uncovered a few gameplay design flaws with Bioshock Infinite

Wow, this game looks very intriguing :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela