RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Regarding Bio, I haven't played any of their games since ME2 but I know you lot would buy a WH40K Bio made game at the drop of a hat.

Hypocritical hipsters.

• Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Man, I wish we could all be as edgy and cool as Drowsy Emperor! Imagine, he has not played any Bio games since Mass Effect 2!! That's such an accomplishment, I'm so glad he told us "hipsters" so we can all bask in his glory.

• Like 2

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Regarding Bio, I haven't played any of their games since ME2 but I know you lot would buy a WH40K Bio made game at the drop of a hat.

Hypocritical hipsters.

Meh, I wouldn't, but I barely feel motivated to buy most games these days. But not really hypocritical, this forum isn't anti-Bioware (despite the complex of some). Hipsters though ? Hmm..maybe.

You're about to find them fairly easy to provoke though :lol:

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Man, I wish we could all be as edgy and cool as Drowsy Emperor! Imagine, he has not played any Bio games since Mass Effect 2!! That's such an accomplishment, I'm so glad he told us "hipsters" so we can all bask in his glory.

Achievement unlocked: Hook Line and Sinker.

• Like 1

"Regarding Bio, I haven't played any of their games since ME2 but I know you lot would buy a WH40K Bio made game at the drop of a hat."

So... ME3 and DA2.... l0lz

(TOR is not a BIO game). It's a faKE bio GAME.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I can't be blamed that their games are as bad as they are far and few between, Volourn.

Nordicus said:

I was somewhat remotely interested until I was shown an old Kotaku article about the behind-the-scenes drama that occurred in Silicon Knights during X-Men: Destiny's development.

tl;dr: Denis Dyack's relationship with publishers can be called parasitic at best, even if Nintendo's hands-on approach to quality control with Eternal Darkness and the Metal Gear Solid port might have been the crucial element in the games' success.

Dyack likes to call himself a "benevolent dictator" during staff meetings, he didn't pay the slightest amount of attention to the theater reviews during development, he'd be gone for months at a time, he deliberately slowed down X-Men Destiny development to get more funding and time, most of the experienced employees (over 40 of them) quit because of the negative atmosphere and Dennis Dyack initially planned to take these people's names off the credit list (Now they're in "special thanks" section).

He was completely screwing with Activision according to the several ex-employees who anonymously gave information about the development. Did not answer Activision's inquiries about the project's progress, whatever progress he showed, was with game concepts and art assets rather than anything that looked like a proper game. He promises the moon from the heavens in his pitches, but does absolutely nothing to commit to it. Only when Activision released a game trailer with Silicon Knight's name attached to it, did they start getting a small percentage of their **** together.

Another source expands on what they saw as "SK management's fundamental belief of how the industry works." This belief revolves around the principle of "getting the initial contract signed for a fairly low amount. They want to get the contractual and financial hooks into the publisher. This is accomplished by promising massive worlds, epic player-controlled stories, and an overall ‘fantastical' experience. They leverage this by talking about Eternal Darkness endlessly." The GameCube game's critical acclaim and respectable sales fostered trust and faith among publishers, the source said. This approach had has earned SK projects at least three times: with Sega, Microsoft, and Activision.

So anyone, absolutely anyone who would like to have another Eternal Darkness game, think thrice before giving a cent to Dyack

I read that article a while back as well. It's really disappointing because you know they aren't the only developer that has done that, and that hurts the good ones like Obsidian. If that crap doesn't go on, the publishers would probably be more apt to give a bit more time to projects; especially if the end result would be even better. I'm looking at you, HK factory.

And no, I wouldn't give Dyack a penny either for something that hasn't happened yet.

Edited by babaganoosh13

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Michael Biehn: Dev Already Has Blood Dragon Sequel In Mind

Sales are already 5X what they expected.

I've never had any interest or desire whatsoever to play any Far Cry game...

Until that one came along. Next time Steam loses my login info...

Edited by babaganoosh13

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Once more my mind was set to wandering...

...how about a game about a poor animated skeleton who becomes self-aware as the result of a magical experiment by his master, then is cast adrift in a quest to find a body for itself? Naturally, every champion that comes along wants to whack him to bits and every wizard wants to enslave him, so he must learn to fend for himself. His only friends are among the animated dead, including a zombie maiden and a dwarven mummy with a burning thirst...

Random noise for the day.

• Like 4

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

One of my favorite parts of Cthulhu Saves the World, is when you take on that band of hero's near the beginning.

I love the idea of that skeleton game.

Edited by babaganoosh13

The top comment made me lol "Game Dev's: It turned out we just had to make games that were fun and people would buy them, who knew right?". Sometimes it seems this is a surprise to some of them haha.

But kudos to the Ubisoft for this idea, it was something of a gamble, but they seem to have manged to have made it just silly and campy enough. Now let's wait as they take it, turn it into a franchise and rape it to death.. Yes, I've officially become a cynic.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

It helps that it was only 15 bucks too. People are willing to take a risk on that, not so much on 60 bucks.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I've never had any interest or desire whatsoever to play any Far Cry game...

Until that one came along. Next time Steam loses my login info...

What? Michael Biehn is a lead voice? **interest suddenly heightened**

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

^ The whole 80's akshun moveee schtick has been done with a lot of love.

Edit:

Thought this quote from the Escapist sums it all up...

When asked if this could spark a career in videogame voice acting for the iconic action hero, Biehn said that he has promised exclusivity to Evans and the Blood Dragon franchise. If you are worried that any potential sequels might get stale, and overdo the "so stupid it's funny" parody writing, Biehn assures us that Evans has plenty of cool ideas for a potential sequel, such as the possibility of different timelines.

Blood Dragon is exactly what I want to see more of. Developers taking their big, serious assets and using them to make fun little spin off side-projects. At $15 and lasting around 5 hours, it's a DLC that's actually worth buying, rather than the $5 costume packs/unlockable weapons other developers keep trying to sell us.

Hopefully we'll get a game where we get to 'Nuke the site from orbit' (etc).

Edited by Monte Carlo

sonsofgygax.JPG

I'll probably eventually buy Far Cry 3 just so I can play Blood Dragon, because Michael Biehn.  It's not standalone, right?

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'll probably eventually buy Far Cry 3 just so I can play Blood Dragon, because Michael Biehn.  It's not standalone, right?

Yes it's a standalone.

Oh **** yes!  :dancing:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

So I skimmed through the 1st 15-20 minutes on YouTube. Not really my style of game, as usual, but those cutscenes are hilarious. The game is really....purple. Heh.

Also, Biehn tossing something past an animal and saying "Fetch" ... :biggrin:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts