What are you playing now?

Re: SC2

There's a "small" misconception about a certain Overmind related plot twist that I think should be cleared up.

Everyone knows that the Overmind didn't let itself get offed because it felt sorry for the other races, but because it wanted the Zerg to be free of Amon's influence, right?

That's how I saw it, yeah. The Hivemind is

Amon's influence

, y'know, despite the Zerg origin story explicitly stating they were created as a Hivemind to rectify the mistake they made with the Protoss who were too individual.

But then, according to the books, both were made to be exactly as they are for another purpose!

Which is to merge into the new Xel'Naga.

This lore has been mangled. I wish Blizz would pay more attention to the lore.

...I'm going to play a little unpatched Majesty:Fantasy Kingdom Sim before going to sleep.

I assume by unpatched you mean non-HD?

Whhyyyyy? 0_o

(Was beta-tester on the HD-one, 0_o, and I know I could never return to the old resolution, nor the bugs we fixed)

And yeah, it's great still.

Still doing the Expedition Conquisitor beta, with some The Old Republic on the side.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Re: SC2

There's a "small" misconception about a certain Overmind related plot twist that I think should be cleared up.

Everyone knows that the Overmind didn't let itself get offed because it felt sorry for the other races, but because it wanted the Zerg to be free of Amon's influence, right?

Yeah that was clear in WoL, I guess Nerz`h...Overmind regretted the whole corruption by Sarg..Amon. Interesting change on what their purpose was, weren't they originally Perfect Race 2.0 by the Xel'naga and assigned to clean out the failed Protoss ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

SR3 was my first and it was hilariously awesome.

Loved playing it co-op to boot.

I never got into playing it co-op, but the single-player was damn fun. I mean, having Burt ***** Reynolds as a central "plot?" point at that one stage..

Although after the super-powers incident in the whole Trouble with Clones, it makes me wonder if that's the key element behind Saints Row IV...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

More of Tale's running commentary.

Kerrigan has lost all sympathy by mission 4. What the truck? They gave her a motivation, said "means to an end" and called it a day for characterization. "Jim's dead, oh no! Welp, to kill Mengsk, I guess I better start attacking Jim's friends."

I get where people were saying that it seems like Raynor's rescue of Kerrigan was pointless.

If the objective was to let people play the queen bleep, then they're on the right track. If they had hoped to make her a likable character, not so much.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Well, you could say he does rescue her, although oddly that plays into the hands of the guy who was controlling her in a direct manner...hm.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I've been playing around with the NWN2 toolset. Made this in a couple of hours, not sure if that's good or bad but it turned out better than I expected for a first attempt.

toolset_pic.jpg

Twice as good as my first attempt. Which was 3 hours of sculpting to create a hill.

Been poking along on the new Tomb Raider. I was curious as to what it's like.

In that general, it's Lara before she becomes a dedicated "archaeologist / Tomb raider extradinaire" it's not too bad. In general gameplay they've put a lot more focus on the fighting elements rather then the exploration. The "optional" tombs are pretty much throwaway, one-room half-puzzle/acrobatics problem and then there's what, 3 or 4 of them in the entire game?

It does set up the shift from somewhat naive, recently graduated book-reading archaeologist to hardened survivor. Although some of it is a bit.. You get a couple of nice comments about "yes, well I hope surviving doesn't turn me into a murderer!" right near the start, and some comments towards the end over just how many people she ends up killing in the name of survival.. It bounces between moments of humanity and her shock at everything.. and then slides into complete no-problem with headshotting or setting on fire the various cultists trying to kill her.

The background group of friends/allies that were shipwrecked with her are pretty much the "cast of the world" and hit a few tropes. The plucky old scotsman sailor, the innocent japanese girl best friend, the laid back maori cook, the slightly slimey pseudo-celebrity american professor, the angry black woman. And man, she gets a wee bit annoying, since they pretty much deal with being shipwrecked, captured, roughed up (a lil) and put in a cage. Lara gets impaled, shot, stabbed, rolls off cliffs, staggers around, thrown onto rivers, gets the group rescued, and then has that woman bitch at her for not being better.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I've been playing around with the NWN2 toolset. Made this in a couple of hours, not sure if that's good or bad but it turned out better than I expected for a first attempt.

toolset_pic.jpg

Twice as good as my first attempt. Which was 3 hours of sculpting to create a hill.

I have to confess, I am cheating, I have a pdf tooset guide I download which is making life much easier. Thanks for the kind words and encouragment though guys.

Edited by Serrano

Just beat Mask of the Betrayer. I'm a bit disappointed that leading the crusade to the very end is not covered in the game, and that making deals with some evil forces while generally being a good-ish type resulted in a rather "sub-optimal" ending as far as some details go, but otherwise I've thoroughly enjoyed the expansion.

Alright, punching dudes in the groin in SR3 was fun (still is), but smacking them up with a GIANT floppy purple... implement, that's taking it to a whole other level.  I love how they put a big ol' vein on it, too.  That's attention to detail.

:brows:

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

LOL I never actually had that weapon.

I loved having my own civilian helicopter for the "gun run" when low on ammo.

I also loved having my own attack helicopter when **** got real <.<

One of my favourite memories was with my friend.  We had to assassinate some executive type, and he was awaiting helicopter pick up.  I flew in with a civilian helicopter, as my friend flew in with an attack helicopter below the tops of the buildings.  As soon as the guy got into my helicopter, I jumped out as my friend popped up over the ledge, where I base jumped off the helipad as my friend lit it up with rockets :D

Running commentary on Heart of the Swarm part Tres

Having just finished Zerus, both Warfield and Mengsk have called Kerrigan out for her attacks. Which is something I am glad to see, as it's a level of self-awareness I think most stories lack. Though I wish it was more prominent.

The Zerus section seems entirely plot device. It doesn't build the character, it just moves the plot along in the greater arc. You never really see how Kerrigan feels about becoming infested again. She's not eager and striving for it, she's not reluctant, she just does it because she needs power. For a sequence that should be every bit as significant as the ending of Wings of Liberty (and is even designed as throwback to the final mission), it's not given the fanfare it needs. It should have been much bigger and more dramatic than it was.

Divinity 2 (developers cut from GoG). Can't say the game "wow's" me with its peculiar, kind of "It's dusty; I found from behind the bookshelf where it has lied forgotten for a loooong time" feel (which is somewhat odd since I don't get that kind of feel from some much older games), but there's something oddly charming about it so far (granted though, I'm not very far yet).

Edited by Undecaf

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

got further into V:TM Bloodlines, it's pretty enjoyable, but i found myself thrown into a bossfight from which there seemed to be no option other than combat - annoying, but i wasn't expecting perfection so im not too bothered about it

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Upgraded my .45 pistols to level 4 in SR3, and holy **** are they powerful.  With fully upgraded pistols and dual wield, it's not even fair, I cut through suckers like a hot knife through butter, except this knife sends their bodies flying and blows up cars and helicopters in less than a clip.  Part of me wants to say that this kills the balance of the game since, outside of brutes, nobody is a challenge anymore, and even brutes aren't particularly hard.  Then the rest of me says "shut up, dumbass, and just enjoy the glorious mayhem!"  This game wasn't exactly shooting for realism anyway.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

got further into V:TM Bloodlines, it's pretty enjoyable, but i found myself thrown into a bossfight from which there seemed to be no option other than combat - annoying, but i wasn't expecting perfection so im not too bothered about it

Towards the end V:BL becomes very combat heavy and there aren't always alternate stealth routes or dialogue options. Stick with it though, it's worth the effort.

Thinking of trying the Fallen Enchantress expansion pack beta but Stardock is telling me I have to register my key on Steam.... trying to decide if it's worth it. Will probably just wait til it comes out proper and hope it's not Steam only. Le sigh

Edit: I blame EA

Edit2: Looks like final version will also require Steam

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

Bloodlines(along with Fallout 1, 2, NV and Arcanum) was so good that it made me feel depressed when it was over.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Thinking of trying the Fallen Enchantress expansion pack beta but Stardock is telling me I have to register my key on Steam.... trying to decide if it's worth it. Will probably just wait til it comes out proper and hope it's not Steam only. Le sigh

Edit: I blame EA

Edit2: Looks like final version will also require Steam

So far I'm liking the skill tree approach to leveling up and the greater variety of enemies and powers

Free games updated 3/4/21

I'm about 15 hours into Far Cry 3 and the game is brilliant. I love the way they have truly designed the whole open world and immersiveness of the game world. I find myself just wondering off and exploring or getting into a hang-glider and just flying. This really is a game thats worth the money you pay for it :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela